Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-08-12, 01:55)osztraksajt Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much for this essential app.

Now I changed to SQL database. The problem is that It starts too fast, and the NIC cannot initialize and connect to database. I've tried to add delay for start, but desn't seems to work. I've tried 1-60, but it starts immediately instead of waiting the given period.

My config: Win7 home premium 32 bit, SSD and standard installation folders.

Can you check this function?

Hi thanks for pointing out the bug. I think you used the GUI window to set the start delay. In GUI use 10000 for 10 seconds or you can set the delay from the notification context menu in seconds. I will correct the bug.
Can I control XBMC laucher with my Logitech Harmony Remote? (!!which is already configured and working perfect with XBMC so I m hoping that the arrows buttons and select button that is configured for XBMC now will work/be compatible with XBMC launcher!!)

And another question. I have some programs that I need to run in the background (eventghost and some other apps I use in Windows7). Is this no problem and how do I do that? And is it also no problem to use a external player for xbmc when using this XBMC luancher?
1. XBMCLauncher is an autohotkey script and it has no visible windows. It won't affect XBMC and harmony remote. Select the launcher option only during installation (It is the only option selected by default).

2. You can add upto 8 programs to start with the launcher.

3. There is no problem with external players, you can set the external player in xbmclauncher so as to disable focus feature.
Thanks for your reply. I just did some testing (not yet with my remote, I ll do that tonight). Am I correct that the solution for my esthetical 'problem' (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1482510) is to set XBMC as shell during windows startup and that it won t work if I set my explorer as shell?

Some more questions:
- On the first page of this thread I see a nice 'home' screen with DESKTOP, XBMC, SHUTDOWN etc. How do I create this? (running W7).
- When I choose XBMC as shell, I can still see my mouse during startup. Is there a way to prevent this?
- When starting up my system I see the default windows loading screen. Can something be done so that this becomes black (or maybe a nice XBMC logo or something?)
1. It is Windows 8 metro start screen. I use this screen to select xbmc.

2. I don't know if mouse cursor can be hidden, you can change the cursor to some nice one.

3. You can replace the windows startup animation, background etc. See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=138747
(2013-08-13, 16:44)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]1. It is Windows 8 metro start screen. I use this screen to select xbmc.

2. I don't know if mouse cursor can be hidden, you can change the cursor to some nice one.

3. You can replace the windows startup animation, background etc. See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=138747

thanks, and what about my first questions which was:

Am I correct that the solution for my esthetical 'problem' (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...id1482510) is to set XBMC as shell during windows startup and that it won t work if I set my explorer as shell?
In my system the desktop is not displayed when external player is launched. I am using the hide xbmc option as false in the playercore factory.
Hey baijuxavior,

love your program. It works really well. One question though:

-I have set up my " htpc" to start up like normall windows does with two user profiles; 'administrator' and 'xbmc'. In the latter xbmc opens instantly, no explorer or whatever, so that works great! However, is it possible to make it so that when I exit XBMC I go back to the screen to switch user-accounts, without loading windows explorer?

Thanks in advance and keep up the terrific work!
Sonny
(2013-08-14, 09:59)sonnyprent Wrote: [ -> ]Hey baijuxavior,

love your program. It works really well. One question though:

-I have set up my " htpc" to start up like normall windows does with two user profiles; 'administrator' and 'xbmc'. In the latter xbmc opens instantly, no explorer or whatever, so that works great! However, is it possible to make it so that when I exit XBMC I go back to the screen to switch user-accounts, without loading windows explorer?

Thanks in advance and keep up the terrific work!
Sonny

It might be possible by editing the script. You have to change the code for 'starting explorer' to 'log off' when xbmc is closed .

Code:
StartExplorer()
{    
    RestartXBMC := GetSettings("RestartXBMC", 0)

If(RestartXBMC = 0)
    {
        ShutdownButtonClicked := GetSettings("ShutdownButtonClicked", 0)
        if (StartExplorer = 1 and Suspending = 0 and ShutdownButtonClicked = 0) ;if not suspending
            Shutdown, 0 ;log off
    }
}
Hey

I am trying to run this on Windows 8. It launches XBMC but does not focus it and why I try and alt tab into XBMC it is not very responsive (I assume because the launcher is constantly trying to focus it).

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Are you using xbmclauncher as shell? What is your focus delay? Have you disabled the option to focus?
Hi

Ive recently moved from xbmcubuntu to xbmc 13 Gotham running on windows and have installed this to enable the MCE remote to work "out of the box" compatible with xbmc. Things seemed Ok until I try and configure an add on. When I used xbmcubuntu pressing the "guide " key on the remote would take me to the menu to configure the add-on. Now this doesn't work and there is no key on the remote which does. Is there an easy way to solve this without going through hoops to get xbmc to work with the remote?
Probably the keyboard shortcut for opening add-on menu page is missing or is using another shortcut. Check keyboard.xml file. You can use my mce remote mapper to configure mce remotes.
Thanks for the reply.
I dont understand Im afraid.I thought naively this would work without complex setups. Also when I press the Green Button I get MCE launching. Have I set this up wronly or isd there something I need to set to get it working properly.
If you installed xbmclauncher without selecting the custom keyboard and mce registry options then green button won't start xbmc.

If for some reason you don't want to use the custom keyboard and mce registry then using mce remote mapper tool set the green button to Win+Alt+Enter. Save and reboot. It should start xbmc now.