Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is a suggestion only to check if aero is causing the problem. I have three Win 7 systems and have never faced this problem even using aero.
(2013-11-20, 10:35)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]It is a suggestion only to check if aero is causing the problem. I have three Win 7 systems and have never faced this problem even using aero.

Yeah it's really strange, the window/button in the taskbar seems to be active (highlighted), but XBMC is minimized. I still have to narrow down when this happens - usually it takes a couple of hours without using XBMC...

I will try to turn off aero and report if it helped. But it will take a couple of days until I know for sure that it helps.
(2013-11-15, 10:11)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-31, 18:47)Cosmo_Kramer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-30, 17:07)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I configured xbmc as a shell but, if I quit xbmc to use windows (win 8 64bits), I have a black screen. Same thing if I check metro ui or explorer at xbmc close.

I have to launch taskmanager and launcher explorer.exe to have the windows desktop.

What can I do ?

Thanks

Did you check the setting to either Start Metro UI or Explorer on XBMC exit?

(2013-11-01, 03:45)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-30, 17:07)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I configured xbmc as a shell but, if I quit xbmc to use windows (win 8 64bits), I have a black screen. Same thing if I check metro ui or explorer at xbmc close.

I have to launch taskmanager and launcher explorer.exe to have the windows desktop.

What can I do ?

Thanks

It works on my 32 bit OS. I don't have 64 bit to test. You should enable the options 'Start Explorer' and 'Start metro UI' when xbmc is closed.

I think you didn't read my message til the end :

(2013-10-30, 17:07)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: [ -> ]I have a black screen. Same thing if I check metro ui or explorer at xbmc close.

I can see that I am not the only with this win 8.1 problem.

I also have this problem on 8.1.
My machine is set to restart once each evening (just to keep things fresh) and every morning I need to plug in a mouse and click on xbmc as the windows tasbar shows up over the top with the xbmc icon flashing. The focus will not switch to xbmc unless I first click on it. The focus is the only reason I installed this and it's not working! Any ideas I could try?
I can't test the problem as I don't have Win 8.1. Try xbmc as the shell instead of xbmclauncher.
(2013-11-30, 09:31)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]I can't test the problem as I don't have Win 8.1. Try xbmc as the shell instead of xbmclauncher.

Understood. I've chosen not to use it as a shell because I'm running a few other programs on the machine.
First of all, just wanted to say thanks for the creation of XBMC Launcher. Definitely see it as a valuable tool but having issues getting it to properly launch XBMC upon restart. I receive a message stating "Error: Unable to create application" when it attempts to launch XBMC. If I use XBMCLauncher to manually start XBMC it can do so without problems. This error only occurs when starting or restarting my HTPC. Specifics of what I'm running are listed below and again, thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!

Windows 8.1 x64
XBMC Gotham Alpha 10
XBMC install is located at C:\XBMC - Note, I originally left it in it's default location (C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC) and reinstalled in hope to correct the issue.
XBMCLauncher is set to default shell. I've tried Windows Explorer as the shell and receive the same error.
Windows is set to auto login

Thank you again for the help!!
It must be a problem with xbmc as you get the same error message when using explorer as shell. Enable debug log in xbmc to catch the error.
Sorry if I wasn't clear in my post but, launching XBMC by normal ways works fine. It's only when it's called through XBMC Launcher is when it fails.

I did do some additional testing after my post though and attempted to add XBMC to the startup group for Win and it also fails there so it must be something with Gotham build and not XBMCLauncher.

I'll try to debug and post back any results I find.
It may be a display driver related issue.
Sorry, not following. Why would it be display driver related? When launched manually XBMC functions and launches normal. It only fails when attempted through some automated way. I was thinking more permission based - perhaps with Windows 8.1 and/or XBMC Gotham? I have not tried on Frodo but suppose I could.

Here is a thread from the XBMC wiki that discusses this exact issue but is relevant when launching in Portable mode.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_Win...ecific_FAQ
Hi Smile

When i don't use XBMC, i minimize it.To do that, i toggle to windowed mode then i reduce it.

When i start again xbmc with Win+Alt+Enter, i get XBMC focused but windowed.

Is there a way to force XBMC to go full screen with the same "Win+Alt+Enter" ?

An alternative for me could be to have the ability to minimize xbmc from full screen.
Could you add this feature to the custom shutdown menu ?

Thanks
hi installing this i noticed there is options for default and custom mce remote registry controls is there a way i can edit these i have been using mce remote addon in the xbmc repo and it works great however if i can use a pre-configured one and then tweak a few buttons that would be cool

or does anyone know a good guide that i can use to customize my own keys from scratch without having to use a addon i easily did this for a linux machine but the windows one seems harder
(2013-12-09, 16:11)cfendya Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, not following. Why would it be display driver related? When launched manually XBMC functions and launches normal. It only fails when attempted through some automated way. I was thinking more permission based - perhaps with Windows 8.1 and/or XBMC Gotham? I have not tried on Frodo but suppose I could.

Here is a thread from the XBMC wiki that discusses this exact issue but is relevant when launching in Portable mode.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_Win...ecific_FAQ

I don't know, the problem may be related to Win 8.1. I didn't update my Win 8 to 8.1 to test.

(2013-12-10, 10:39)nonob Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Smile

When i don't use XBMC, i minimize it.To do that, i toggle to windowed mode then i reduce it.

An alternative for me could be to have the ability to minimize xbmc from full screen.

Thanks

You can start xbmc in full screen always using advancedsettings.xml. Read 3.56 <fullscreen> of http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...lscreen.3E

(2013-12-11, 08:13)protocol77 Wrote: [ -> ]hi installing this i noticed there is options for default and custom mce remote registry controls is there a way i can edit these i have been using mce remote addon in the xbmc repo and it works great however if i can use a pre-configured one and then tweak a few buttons that would be cool

or does anyone know a good guide that i can use to customize my own keys from scratch without having to use a addon i easily did this for a linux machine but the windows one seems harder

Replied in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=164252&page=7
Am running WMC7 and XBMC. They fight each other for resource priorities on WIN7 platform. Maybe make sure you do not have WMC launching in the background. Pure speculation on my part.
(2013-12-11, 15:55)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-10, 10:39)nonob Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Smile

Thanks

You can start xbmc in full screen always using advancedsettings.xml. Read 3.56 <fullscreen> of http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...lscreen.3E

Hi Smile

Thanks for this tip but i finally find another way: I always stay in full screen mode.(I mapped a mouse button with eventghost to minimize xbmc, so i don't need anymore to toggle to windowed mode.)