Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-02-09, 18:01)shiro Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I have win8 and use XBMC Lanucher for some time. I want to ask you, if you ever encountered a short (about 10s) black screen on windows boot-up process. It comes right after user autologon (xbmc launcher is changing shell?), or what is the culprit? In xbmclauncher config I have set 0s delay.

I have not seen this. I am using windows 8 hybrid shutdown, so it boots in 10 seconds flat.
Is there a way to set two externel Players in XBMC Launcher? I use DVBViewer AND TotalMediaTheater...
You can use one of the External Applications menu. Enable 'First group apps prevent focus' and disable 'Start first group apps with xbmclauncher'.
@baijuxavior -- BUG -- BUG

I am using this application so that when windows 7 starts up the windows explorer does not load but it loads XBMC instead. When I shut down xbmc the windows explorer loads perfectly.
My problem comes when xbmc comes up from standby and xbmc continues from where it was left; If I shutdown xbmc after suspend xbmc quits just fine but windows explorer never loads.

Can you please check it and let me know?
(2014-02-13, 20:50)03397 Wrote: [ -> ]My problem comes when xbmc comes up from standby and xbmc continues from where it was left; If I shutdown xbmc after suspend xbmc quits just fine but windows explorer never loads.

Can you please check it and let me know?

I will check it and post a solution if possible. Thanks.
Hello!
Got some question here, maybe easy to fix. I Love this app, but need help! Smile

Using Windows 8.1

When I start XBMC from shell, I want freesshd to start. But I dont know how to do that. I have added the .exe to startup folder but I wont start. If I choose to start Explorer as shell everything is working. (I only want an ftp og ssh to start when boot so I can transfer files)

IF I choose Explorer as shell and change the inputs on my tv, when I want to play some games. And then back to XBMC It loads the Windows start bar over the XBMC and the XBMC screen seems a little stretched as well.

Anyone know I can fix it?
I am not familiar with sshd. May be it requires explorer to function properly. Also don't know solution to your second problem. It may be that when you switch TV inputs, windows is changing the resolution.
Hi, first off can i say great program, well done Smile

it works best for me to boot to xbmc shell, however the one thing i want to have start with xbmc is utorrent. I have added it to my external program list and asked for it to start with xbmc and it does, it flashes up on the screen just before xbmc loads, however i cant connect to it remotely, is there some other service not running that i need?

it works fine if i set explorer as shell but then i sometimes have focus / remote issues
@cyrusir, I will test utorrent in my download machine next week. Are you having this problem with remote control only? Does utorrent work properly in this mode?
thanks, thats great,

the issue i am having is with remote logon to utorrent from another pcs browser,

it works fine if explorer is the shell but not xbmc
Any solution for booting directly on xbmc with win8.1 ?
(2014-02-14, 21:10)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: [ -> ]Any solution for booting directly on xbmc with win8.1 ?

Select xbmclauncher as the shell and set xbmc to start with the launcher.
Anyway to remap Alt + F4 to end the XBMC process or simply quit XBMC back to explorer.exe ? I sometimes need to restart XBMC because the PVR side is still not 100% in frodo.
Or is it possible add exit to the shutdown menu.

//EDIT:: Found my solution here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128798
(2014-02-15, 07:46)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-14, 21:10)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: [ -> ]Any solution for booting directly on xbmc with win8.1 ?

Select xbmclauncher as the shell and set xbmc to start with the launcher.

Did you release a new version ? Because when win8.1 users quit xbmc, windows doesn't start in xbmclauncher 4 (black screen).

That is the problem and I want to know if someone found a solution
^^ I didn't update my Win 8 to 8.1. Also this is the first time someone has mentioned this problem of explorer not loading after xbmc is closed.