Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-02-15, 12:46)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]^^ I didn't update my Win 8 to 8.1. Also this is the first time someone has mentioned this problem of explorer not loading after xbmc is closed.

What HuhHuhHuh

This problem have been discussed in posts 767, 769, 770, 791, 798. So this is not the first time someone mentioned it.

But, it follow your instruction, I use xbmclauncher as shell and add xbmc to app that start with xbmclauncher. It works as usual, but there is still a black screen and windows still doesn't start when quiting xbmc. So I still have to launch taskmanager add start explorer.exe process.

BUT

If I add explorer.exe to app list that start with xbmclauncher, It is ok. Unfortunately, my htpc doesn't boot directly to xbmc but to windows and xbmc is started very faster that previous solution (shell=explorer.exe + xbmc at windows start).

This is not totally satisfying because each program that start windows start set xbmc in the background
I may have overlooked those posts. I had replied to your query that I don't have Win 8.1 to test the problem. It is working in my Win 8, 32 bit system.

Can you test the following code:

Code:
Run, C:\Program Files (86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe

SetTimer, MonitorXBMC, 500

MonitorXBMC:

Process, Exist, xbmc.exe ; check if xbmc.exe is running
    If (ErrorLevel = 0) ;if not running
        Process, Exist, explorer.exe ; check if explorer.exe is running
            If (ErrorLevel = 0)
                Run,  %A_WinDir%\Explorer.exe, %A_WinDir% ; start explorer.

First install autohotkey, then create a new hotkey script by rightclicking desktop > new > autohotkey script. Paste the above code, change the path of xbmc properly and save. Right click the file and select the menu 'Compile' to get .exe file. Now in xbmclauncher select this exe file as shell and reboot. See if explorer is started when xbmc is closed.
Arf, if doesn't work:

EDIT:

xbmc launches if I write Run,C:\... instead of Run, C:\... But at xbmc exit, windows doesn't start.
Hi

Loving xbmc launcher, great app.

Is there a way to have more than 3 external applications in a group? I'm using one group for emulators to prevent focus and need too add a 4th app to that group. Can't use other group as I'm having those apps started with xbmc launcher.
hello
Thank you for this apply

i just have a problem : explorer.exe won't load when xbmc exit.

i'm using win7 64bits on zotac id-18, xbmc 13 alpha 11

thank you for your help
(2014-02-14, 17:51)cyrusir Wrote: [ -> ]thanks, thats great,

the issue i am having is with remote logon to utorrent from another pcs browser,

it works fine if explorer is the shell but not xbmc

no need to test, it works great, im just thick!

thank you
(2014-02-15, 18:49)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: [ -> ]Arf, if doesn't work:

EDIT:

xbmc launches if I write Run,C:\... instead of Run, C:\... But at xbmc exit, windows doesn't start.

Can you replace the line 'Run, %A_WinDir%\Explorer.exe, %A_WinDir%' with the actual path to explorer as in Run, C:\Windows\Explorer.exe. (verify the path in your system)

(2014-02-15, 22:11)locutus32 Wrote: [ -> ]hello
Thank you for this apply

thank you for your help

I don't know why it is not working.Sad Others also have posted the same problem in Win 8.1 64 bit system.

(2014-02-15, 19:27)tonesmalone Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

Is there a way to have more than 3 external applications in a group? I'm using one group for emulators to prevent focus and need too add a 4th app to that group. Can't use other group as I'm having those apps started with xbmc launcher.

You need to edit the source code.

(2014-02-16, 01:10)cyrusir Wrote: [ -> ]

the issue i am having is with remote logon to utorrent from another pcs browser,

thank you

Hi, how did you solve it? Might be useful for other users also.
(2014-02-16, 05:22)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know why it is not working.Sad Others also have posted the same problem in Win 8.1 64 bit system.

perhaps a problem with 64bits systems?
Hi I'm working on a App called XBMCWatcher that has posibilities like xbmclauncher but its still Beta. So I need Betatesters. Can anyone help me ? Huh
(2014-02-16, 13:38)3dhubiflieger Wrote: [ -> ]Hi I'm working on a App called XBMCWatcher that has posibilities like xbmclauncher but its still Beta. So I need Betatesters. Can anyone help me ? Huh

Will your app support WOL to start/focus xbmc
I can add the feature If you find this useful. But I need to know what Bugs inside my Program to create a normal Version for running on every System.

Forum:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=182296

Download Link:
http://joystartend.npage.de/get_file.php...vnr=577136
(2014-02-16, 05:22)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]

EDIT:

Can you replace the line 'Run, %A_WinDir%\Explorer.exe, %A_WinDir%' with the actual path to explorer as in Run, C:\Windows\Explorer.exe. (verify the path in your system)

(2014-02-15, 22:11)locutus32 Wrote: [ -> ]hello
Thank you for this apply

thank you for your help

I don't know why it is not working.Sad Others also have posted the same problem in Win 8.1 64 bit system.

(2014-02-15, 19:27)tonesmalone Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

You need to edit the source code.

(2014-02-16, 01:10)cyrusir Wrote: [ -> ]

thank you

Hi, how did you solve it? Might be useful for other users also.

er, i put in the correct remote web address for u torrent, it was totally my issue, not xbmc launcher!
(2014-02-16, 05:22)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]

EDIT:

Can you replace the line 'Run, %A_WinDir%\Explorer.exe, %A_WinDir%' with the actual path to explorer as in Run, C:\Windows\Explorer.exe. (verify the path in your system).

It doesn't work

But

I've found a solution that works perfectly on windows 8.1 x64 based on baijuxavior script.

You need :

- Autohotkey (can be uninstalled once the script is compiled)
- After install, open a news script windows and copy and paste exactly what following (replace xbmc path if needed):

Quote:Run, C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe

Process, WaitClose, XBMC.exe

Run Explorer.exe
- Save and close your script
- Right clic on the script and click on "Compile script"
- Rename your compiled script if you want
- In xbmclauncher, uncheck all options that could launch xbmc at windows or xbmclauncher start
- Choose your compiled script as a shell
- Reboot to test (it should boot directly to xbmc)
- Quit xbmc and explorer.exe should start very quickly

All programs are working : steam via steam bpm launcher, web browser, flirc, windows file browser, etc.

w2w
So this means Run Explorer.exe works but not Run, %A_WinDir%\Explorer.exe, %A_WinDir%
Yes, I found this somewhere on the web and I tried. It also works without xbmclauncher if I paste the script's path in the string value "Shell" under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon (where xbmclauncher places shell) but there is not all xbmclauncher features !

I just want to thank you for your help. Without your script, I couldn't have found a solution for this issue. I hope this will help win8.1 users.