Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-05-09, 19:30)MatthewHope Wrote: [ -> ]Hiya

Thanks for responding to my message.

Xbox Controller does work without Explorer, it's EventGhost that doesn't appear to work without it.

Wouldn't it be pointless to add explorer.exe as an external app. I thought the whole idea of XBMCLauncher was to replace the shell of Windows so that just XBMC launches instead, but if you added Explorer.exe wouldn't that mean Winoiws would load as per usual, it would just be started via the XBMCLauncher instead of by the usual method.

I am no expert though, and maybe wrong, so if I am please let me know and I'll give it a try.

Thanks again

Matt

Did you try setting eventghost as the shell?
Yeah, tried that too, even tried changing the shell manually to EventGhost by editing the registry to see if that would make a difference. Still no luck.

What I did to test my setup was once the system booted into XBMC I preseed ctrl+alt+Del to bring up Task Manager and used that to start the EventGhost User Interface. (EventGhost does start on system boot along with XBMC, but doesn't display the User Interface unless you manually start it).

This User Interface creates a list of any activity that EventGhost has monitored on the left hand side of the screen.

I switched between applications, but EventGhost did not regiiter any activity

I then started Explorer (From Task Manager) and switched between applications once again. EventGhost then started working correctly and was registering all activity again.

I conclude from this that EventGhost requires Explorer to be running in order to work correctly.

However I hope that someone is able to prove me wrong, or has a suggestion for a workaround, as that messes up my plan to boot straight into XBMC & EventGhost without loading Windows first.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted, even if that suggestion is to leave it alone, as what I want to achieve is impossible ;-).

Matt
Hi all,

I haven't read all 69 pages of this thread so sorry if my question as been ask.

I can't seem to find a way to keep xbmc in focus at all time. If I set a delay in The XBMC focus Setting, whenever i loose focus it can take up to that delay to refocus back to xbmc and if I set that delay to 0 then I lose focus whenever an event happens on my other monitor.

any help would be appreciated
(2014-05-09, 15:40)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-08, 13:51)xbdmbcpnw Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-05, 15:54)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]When you start your system, can you see the desktop or is it blank? Installing the launcher in admin mode may help.

When I start up, I have the Windows desktop. I''m pretty sure I tried Run As Administrator, but will try again this weekend to be sure and will report back.

Thanks

Check the taskmanager for XBMCLauncher process. Is it running?

It tried it again - still no joy.

Installed XBMCLauncher. It will not run on startup. If I run it after startup, it will open XBMC and then the process is running. Process not running prior to my invoking XBMCLauncher manually.
^^

I think XBMCLauncher is not set as shell. Rightclick the launcher icon near the notification area > Change Windows Shell and select launcher as shell. If it is not working then you have to manually specify the shell. For this, open regedit and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon. On the right hand side, double click the 'shell' REG_SZ. If the value is Explorer then change it to 'C:\Program Files\XBMCLauncher\XBMCLauncher.exe' and reboot.

(2014-05-11, 15:42)sarlan19 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

I haven't read all 69 pages of this thread so sorry if my question as been ask.

I can't seem to find a way to keep xbmc in focus at all time. If I set a delay in The XBMC focus Setting, whenever i loose focus it can take up to that delay to refocus back to xbmc and if I set that delay to 0 then I lose focus whenever an event happens on my other monitor.

any help would be appreciated

It is the default behavior. Delay '0' is for no focus. Set a delay of 1 second which is the minimum. If you want to further reduce the time then you have to edit the script.
(2014-05-11, 19:34)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]^^

I think XBMCLauncher is not set as shell. Rightclick the launcher icon near the notification area > Change Windows Shell and select launcher as shell. If it is not working then you have to manually specify the shell. For this, open regedit and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon. On the right hand side, double click the 'shell' REG_SZ. If the value is Explorer then change it to 'C:\Program Files\XBMCLauncher\XBMCLauncher.exe' and reboot.
I checked the registry and XBMCLauncher is set as shell, but it is not running when I start up. I notice that there is no entry for XBMCLauncer in either of the Run or RunOnce registry keys. Is that correct?
(2014-05-11, 21:14)xbdmbcpnw Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-11, 19:34)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]^^

I checked the registry and XBMCLauncher is set as shell, but it is not running when I start up. I notice that there is no entry for XBMCLauncer in either of the Run or RunOnce registry keys. Is that correct?

Is it possible that my Comodo firewall or Avast antivirus are blocking it? I've tried to make sure that the applications are allowed.
If xbmc is set as shell and it is not working then there must be some problem, may be the AV is blocking the application. Instead of HKEY_CURRENT_USER set launcher as shell in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
I have a question regarding SHELL option:

1) I had set not to load Explorer shell when exiting XBMC.
2) I had set XBMC to exit and re-load when entering suspend mode and waking up PC

Visually it looks perfect, when my pc goes to sleep nothing is seen, when I wake up the PC a black screen and then loading xbmc is shown. Perfect! But the problem is that I want to exit XBMC for using Windows normally the screen remains black. I´m using Android as remote and I don´t have "Win + E" function.

Thank you.
@MatthewHope: I have Win 8.1, XBMCLauncher (as a shell), XBMC, TMT5 and Eventghost and they are working fine. I use Eventghost to detect when TMT5 has been launched from XBMC, and to translate certain remote buttons to "pop-up menu" and "top-level menu".

No problem getting this all working, I can dig up my Eventghost config if you like. I had to try a couple of plug-ins before it reacted to TMT5 being launched, suggest doing the same.
Is there anyway to make the "Shutdown" from XBMC to force full shutdown on Windows 8.x rather than the usual "Hybrid shutdown"?

I am running XBMC 13.1 on Windows 8.1, and XBMCLauncher works great for what it's designed for. Only thing I could wish for is to have my PC shutdown "fully" when I issue Shutdown from XBMC. This is because Wake Up on LAN does not work on my PC when Windows 8 is shut down in hybrid mode. It works only when Windows is shut down "fully", which I do by issuing "shutdown /s /t 0" on command shell.

I would appreciate any idea or suggestions on how to achieve this.

Cheers,
(2014-06-06, 13:01)coolpint Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anyway to make the "Shutdown" from XBMC to force full shutdown on Windows 8.x rather than the usual "Hybrid shutdown"?

Cheers,

I managed to make the "Shutdown" from XBMC to issue the full shutdown by modifying the file "ConfluenceShutdownButtonAction.py" from subprocess.Popen(["ConfluenceShutdownButtonAction.exe"], shell=false) to subprocess.Popen(["fullshutdown.bat"], shell=false) where fullshutdown.bat is a batch file containing a single line "C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe /s /t 0".

It works, but I am a bit concerned if I have broken anything about the way XBMCLauncher works. I am not sure what ConfluenceShutdownButtonActioin.exe does apart from issuing shutdown.
(2014-06-06, 13:01)coolpint Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anyway to make the "Shutdown" from XBMC to force full shutdown on Windows 8.x rather than the usual "Hybrid shutdown"?

I am running XBMC 13.1 on Windows 8.1, and XBMCLauncher works great for what it's designed for. Only thing I could wish for is to have my PC shutdown "fully" when I issue Shutdown from XBMC. This is because Wake Up on LAN does not work on my PC when Windows 8 is shut down in hybrid mode. It works only when Windows is shut down "fully", which I do by issuing "shutdown /s /t 0" on command shell.

I would appreciate any idea or suggestions on how to achieve this.

Cheers,

The code is in the file xbmclauncher.ahk. Edit the following code at line 1584:

Code:
if (OSVersion >= 6.2) ; if windows 8
                        {
                        if (ForceCloseXBMC = 1)
                            run, Shutdown.exe -s -hybrid -f -t 00, ,Hide
                        else
                            run, Shutdown.exe -s -hybrid -t 00, ,Hide
                        }

with

Code:
if (OSVersion >= 6.2) ; if windows 8
                        {
                        if (ForceCloseXBMC = 1)
                            run, Shutdown.exe -s -f -t 00, ,Hide
                        else
                            run, Shutdown.exe -s -t 00, ,Hide
                        }
OK people this is my first ever post and I am no computer Geek. But I have XBMC working exactly the way I want it to but I don't know how it came about.
I am using windows 8.1 and XBMC 13 with XBMCLauncher.
When I turn on my computer it boots directly to XBMC in under 30 seconds (does not show User Account or Desktop in the process.) Then 5 seconds later it automatically changes to LiveTV (the last channel viewed). This now makes using XBMC a delight for my better half as she knows how to turn on the computer and change TV channels on the remote.
When I exit XBMC computer goes directly to desktop and when I use shutdown, the whole computer shuts down. The sleep button on remote also work as its intendedI I have not played with any files etc (wouldn't now how). But reading all the treads shows I must have really screwed up to have XBMC working so perfectly.
I'm either a genius and don't know about it or the way I have XBMC running is normal but how can I find out?
(2014-06-13, 08:57)badboys2 Wrote: [ -> ]OK people this is my first ever post and I am no computer Geek. But I have XBMC working exactly the way I want it to but I don't know how it came about.
I am using windows 8.1 and XBMC 13 with XBMCLauncher.
When I turn on my computer it boots directly to XBMC in under 30 seconds (does not show User Account or Desktop in the process.) Then 5 seconds later it automatically changes to LiveTV (the last channel viewed). This now makes using XBMC a delight for my better half as she knows how to turn on the computer and change TV channels on the remote.
When I exit XBMC computer goes directly to desktop and when I use shutdown, the whole computer shuts down. The sleep button on remote also work as its intendedI I have not played with any files etc (wouldn't now how). But reading all the treads shows I must have really screwed up to have XBMC working so perfectly.
I'm either a genius and don't know about it or the way I have XBMC running is normal but how can I find out?

Windows boots directly into xbmc because you have selected xbmclauncher as shell and enabled the option to start xbmc at login.