Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-06-07, 18:12)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]The code is in the file xbmclauncher.ahk. Edit the following code at line 1584:

Code:
if (OSVersion >= 6.2) ; if windows 8
                        {
                        if (ForceCloseXBMC = 1)
                            run, Shutdown.exe -s -hybrid -f -t 00, ,Hide
                        else
                            run, Shutdown.exe -s -hybrid -t 00, ,Hide
                        }

with

Code:
if (OSVersion >= 6.2) ; if windows 8
                        {
                        if (ForceCloseXBMC = 1)
                            run, Shutdown.exe -s -f -t 00, ,Hide
                        else
                            run, Shutdown.exe -s -t 00, ,Hide
                        }

Thank you for the tip. I just saw your message. I would love to follow your guide but I cannot locate the file xmbclauncher.ahk
I downloaded an executable for version 4.1 from the link in the first page of this thread. But I cannot locate the source for version 4.1.

Could you kindly point me where I can find the file?
Link to source is provided in the first post. https://github.com/baijuxavior/XBMC-Launcher
(2014-06-15, 05:35)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]Link to source is provided in the first post. https://github.com/baijuxavior/XBMC-Launcher

Thank you!
Hi,

I've just started to use XBMC on Win 8.1. I'm trying to get XBMC to start with windows. If don't use it as shell, when i boot it shows me the metro apps. XBMC starts in the background and I have to click on desktop or alt+tab to go to it.

If I use it as a shell, it works the way I want it. But I cant open Netflix Metro App. I'm using the method found here http://www.itsjustwhatever.com/downloads...launchers/. It's basically a link to "netflix://". When I try, while using XBMC as a shell, it gives me an error messgae. I believe it needs explorer to run.

Is there a way to use explorer a a shell and still have XBMC show up full screen on the foreground at start?

thanks
(2014-06-20, 14:03)drpencilcase Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I've just started to use XBMC on Win 8.1. I'm trying to get XBMC to start with windows. If don't use it as shell, when i boot it shows me the metro apps. XBMC starts in the background and I have to click on desktop or alt+tab to go to it.

If I use it as a shell, it works the way I want it. But I cant open Netflix Metro App. I'm using the method found here http://www.itsjustwhatever.com/downloads...launchers/. It's basically a link to "netflix://". When I try, while using XBMC as a shell, it gives me an error messgae. I believe it needs explorer to run.

Is there a way to use explorer a a shell and still have XBMC show up full screen on the foreground at start?

thanks

Try setting xbmclauncher as shell and add explorer as an external application.
(2014-06-20, 15:32)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-20, 14:03)drpencilcase Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

thanks

Try setting xbmclauncher as shell and add explorer as an external application.

It worked. Thanks.
Hi

Great program this has solved so many headaches I have had with sleep and Gotham.

However when I installed this the CLOSE button on my remote does not close to desktop anymore, which it did in the past and it was really handy. It now brings up a shutdown menu with the only real option to Shut Down PC (AEON MQ5 Skin)

Is there any way to get Close to act as it did in the past?

Using a VRC-1100 remote that I have found over the years does a great job.
Feature Request: Is it possible to... going to XBMCLauncher Shell every exit? For example I exit XBMC and launch explorer with WIN+E for doing maintenance duties. Then I go back to XBMC for normal use but when I exit the Explorer Shell remains.

Also a XBMCLauncher button for launching Explorer shell would be great.
(2014-06-25, 09:29)no1fagen Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

Great program this has solved so many headaches I have had with sleep and Gotham.

However when I installed this the CLOSE button on my remote does not close to desktop anymore, which it did in the past and it was really handy. It now brings up a shutdown menu with the only real option to Shut Down PC (AEON MQ5 Skin)

Is there any way to get Close to act as it did in the past?

Using a VRC-1100 remote that I have found over the years does a great job.

If your remote is mce, then use the mce mapper tool in my signature to change the power button to send Alt+F4. It will be 'S' now which displays the shutdown menu.

(2014-06-25, 14:18)CaBrA Wrote: [ -> ]Feature Request: Is it possible to... going to XBMCLauncher Shell every exit? For example I exit XBMC and launch explorer with WIN+E for doing maintenance duties. Then I go back to XBMC for normal use but when I exit the Explorer Shell remains.

Also a XBMCLauncher button for launching Explorer shell would be great.

XBMCLauncher will continue to run when you exit xbmc and load explorer. Additional programming is needed if you want to close explorer.

XBMCLauncher doesn't have any GUI, so it is not possible at the moment. However, you can create a gui window for this purpose.
Many thanks for the response. I tried the MCE remote mapper and it still pops up the shutdown menu.

To test it out I tried the keyboard, and Alt F4 pops up the same menu! The only way I can come out of XBMC is via Exit on the Shutdown menu, (which I normally have hidden) or by CTRL ALT DEL and shutting the task from task manager.

I am so close to having the HTPC behaving how I want! Now it wakes from sleep fine, but when people want to Skype or use FBook it will cause problems among the less technically minded in my household!

Is there anything else I can try?
(2014-06-25, 17:20)no1fagen Wrote: [ -> ]Many thanks for the response. I tried the MCE remote mapper and it still pops up the shutdown menu.

To test it out I tried the keyboard, and Alt F4 pops up the same menu! The only way I can come out of XBMC is via Exit on the Shutdown menu, (which I normally have hidden) or by CTRL ALT DEL and shutting the task from task manager.

I am so close to having the HTPC behaving how I want! Now it wakes from sleep fine, but when people want to Skype or use FBook it will cause problems among the less technically minded in my household!

Open C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml file in notepad and replace the line <s>ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</s> with <s>XBMC.Quit</s>

You can open the AppData folder from XBMCLauncher's context menu (Win+F10) and selecting 'Application Folders' > 'Open XBMC Application Data Folder'
(2014-06-26, 05:52)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-25, 17:20)no1fagen Wrote: [ -> ]Many thanks for the response. I tried the MCE remote mapper and it still pops up the shutdown menu.

Open C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml file in notepad and replace the line <s>ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</s> with <s>XBMC.Quit</s>

You can open the AppData folder from XBMCLauncher's context menu (Win+F10) and selecting 'Application Folders' > 'Open XBMC Application Data Folder'

This works great! Many thanks for all your help.
Great program,

Is there a way to show a custom background (or even better turn the screen off) when I shut down xbmc into XBMCLauncher shell? As it is now I have the machine to sleep after x minutes when idle (for making sure no background tasks is running), it is only showing a black screen when XBMC have exit but you can still see that it is on.
By editing the script file you can switch off the display or display a custom image.
Thnks baijuxavior,

Now the obvious question if you are a nob like me, witch script file do I need to change? And is there a setting in the script that is easy to change or do I have to come up with something somewhere, I guess it involves compiling etc, have nooo idea what I am doing. Sorry,