Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay thanks.
(2012-08-26, 11:05)jordandk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-25, 16:31)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry. I have no experience with unified remote. Is it an android remote app?

Yes it's for Android, it's a a remote server program to install on your pc and your android phone, then you can use your phone as a mouse with right tab and every thing. I'm using it, when using advance launcher for the web. So I can surf without any mouse or keyboard. But it seems like the server program can't launch without explorer.

So now I'm back with the old problem, that sometimes my client in the livingroom will start up from sleep without any sound, and a reboot is required. (AMD card, many have that trouble). In the bedroom with the nvidia card I never experience that problem. Confused

But if I use the XBMC shell, I allways have sound in the livingroom at least the week I tested it.

Offcourse I could use a regular mouse, but that's is not very WAF. Big Grin And my girlfriend would hate it.

I'm not sure if anything can be done, because I don't know anything about scripting or makeing batchfiles.

I recommend installing UltraVNC and using one of several free Android apps that use the vnc connection to provide the mouse and keyboard controls you want. I use apps remoteVnC and valence.

Hi baijuxavior,

I am running XBMC in portable mode on my c: drive after installing XBMC to a folder on C: drive I then create a shortcut to the xbmc.exe and putting a -P on the end of the path, my problem is that when I tell XBMC Launcher where the sort cut is so it will launch XBMC Portable its just ignoring that and loading the default exe,
Is the any way to get it to use the Shortcut ?

Thanks
You can edit the XBMCLauncher.ahk file under source code to include a -p parameter. Find and replace 'run %AppPath%' with 'run %AppPath% -p' without the quotes. Compile the script and replace the existing XBMCLauncher.exe file with the compiled one.
Thanks

sounds a little tricky for a none tech y like me will have a look to see if I can get my head round it Big Grin

**** update***

Thanks think I sorted it

One more question, If I close down XBMC and the desktop load and then restart XBMC presume that now the desktop as been loaded it will still be there behind XBMC and a fresh boot will be the only way to close the desktop shell

Thanks again
(2012-08-27, 09:10)m0v1em4n Wrote: [ -> ]One more question, If I close down XBMC and the desktop load and then restart XBMC presume that now the desktop as been loaded it will still be there behind XBMC and a fresh boot will be the only way to close the desktop shell

Windows explorer will run until you restart again. But there are ways to kill explorer, if you wish.
(2012-08-27, 11:44)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-27, 09:10)m0v1em4n Wrote: [ -> ]One more question, If I close down XBMC and the desktop load and then restart XBMC presume that now the desktop as been loaded it will still be there behind XBMC and a fresh boot will be the only way to close the desktop shell

Windows explorer will run until you restart again. But there are ways to kill explorer, if you wish.

that fine just wanted to clarify,

Great app thanks for your hard work

(2012-08-27, 11:44)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]Windows explorer will run until you restart again. But there are ways to kill explorer, if you wish.

Hi Guys,

Just in case anyone else is interested found this

Quote:Alternate Close Explorer Method

Open the Start menu and then hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys at the same time. Right-click on an empty area of the menu, and you’ll see a new option called “Exit Explorer”
Never knew such a trick exist. Great.
One question, cause im seeing flickering parts in screen now...
Is catalyst control center still running when using xbmc launcher autostart?
(2012-08-27, 17:12)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]Never knew such a trick exist. Great.

Not sure if it work, just something that came up in Google Big Grin If it does it might be helpful to us

Anybody using this + wmc for live tv? If so how well does this work for going between the two applications?
Hi all,

I am a long time XBMC user, but am new to using it on Windows. I use Windows Server 2008 R2, and wondered if it was possible to install this program to get XBMC to start up on boot, and allow me to log in to the machine via RDP as another user at the same time, so the application never loses focus?

thanks Smile
I have not tested it, but most probably it should work.
(2012-08-27, 20:56)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]One question, cause im seeing flickering parts in screen now...
Is catalyst control center still running when using xbmc launcher autostart?

Any idea?