Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How do I Enable Live TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a recent installation of Eden-PVR installed with MediaPortal enabled. However I do not see Live TV either on the main menu or under System Settings. How do I enable Live TV so I can use the PVR functions of my HomeRun tuner ?

HP Pavillion DV -7 LapTop
Windows 7 64 bit
Eden (XBMC 11.0 GIT:20120725 - 9093FB6)
Homerun tuner(SILICONE DUST HD HOMERUN DUAL HDTV DIGITAL TUNER HDHR3-US)
I guess I am being a bit thick. But the link you provide appears to be for connfiguring Magro's version of Eden and I have Dushmaniac's. Do the same instructions apply?
If so do I need to install MediaPortal 1.2.3,& MediaPortal TVServer XBMC Server plugin (binaries) for MP 1.2.3. I had assumed that MediaPortal was installed along with Dushmaniac's Eden-PVR
Off the top of my head:

1. Make sure you have a PVR enabled XBMC installed (if you have Dushmaniac's, you're there)
2. Make sure you have the PVR plugin installed (different PVR clients are included with different builds, so make sure the Mediaportal client is bundled with Dushmaniac's version)
3. Configure the PVR client to talk to your MP back end
4. Enable Live TV in the System Settings menu
5. Make sure that your skin both supports Live TV (Confluence does) and that it's not hidden (it may be in the options alongside the ability to hide Weather, Programs, Movies, etc.)
Thank you Prof Yaffle
I believe all the steps are taken but I don't see Confluence available under skins only Confluence vertical. I tried Aeon Nox, metropolis , Quartz and Confluence Vertical but still do not see Live TV in System Settings or listed under options hidden. Perhaps I need to reinstall XBMC
Confluence is the default skin. If you look in System -> Settings it will say "Confluence" in the top left in curly writing - select Appearance and you can choose the skin. That should confirm if you're on Confluence.

System -> Settings -> Live TV should be enabled. If you switch that on and you haven't got a PVR client set up, it'll complain and take you to the right screens to go and sort that out.

System -> System Info should show an option at the bottom - PVR Service. That will tell you the config of your connection to the backend - post that here if it's not obvious, and we'll have a look. That should say if you're connecting to anything.

That same System -> System Info screen tells you what XBMC build you're running (in blue at the bottom) - post that here as well, please, so we can make sure you're on the right version.

Eden (XBMC 11.0 GIT:20120725 - 9093FB6)

PHP Code:
[img]http://s1131.photobucket.com/albums/m551/jungiandreams/?action=view&current=PVRPlugin-1.png[/img]

Confluence Vertical is the skin in use and I see no option under available skins for Confluence

I see no option in System
/Settings for Live TV 
I'd have to conclude that you're not using a PVR-enabled skin, then - although I can't immediately say how you've got to a position where you don't have the default skin that Dushmaniac's/Pulse8's build ships with. I'm not near my HTPC, but would guess that you need to download it from somewhere - again, pass on why you don't have it. But the skin download for standard skins will be in addons somewhere.

If you want Confluence Vertical, a quick Google shows up this: http://forum.xbmc.org/archive/index.php/...26338.html
I think you are right , I am not using the PVR version. I downloaded that version (XBMC-PVR-Eden-11.7.exe) and then installed it over the existing version of Eden but it didn't seem to work as System Info shows I still had Eden 11.0. So I tried uninstalling my XBMC entirely leaving just profiles. Again after installing Eden PVR 11.7 the System Info still show XBMC as Eden 11.0
How odd. That's definitely the Pulse8 PVR version, albeit for Windows when I'm a Linux man - but that shouldn't matter. Current version is now 11 rev 8, by the way.

You're still on Eden, though, so you'll still report as XBMC 11. But you should have the default skin (although installing over the top probalby keeps the customisations that say "use Confluence Vertical") and that's all you need. Somehow, you need to get back to the default Confluence, which should show up in System -> Settings -> Appearance.

You could have a look at the PVR-enabled Confluence Vertical I linked to above, or find another PVR-enabled skin to see if that's any better...
This is probably obvious to everyone but me. But do I need to install MediaPortal and the XBMC plugin (MediaPortal TVServer XBMC Server plugin (binaries)) to make DushManiacs XBMC work? That is the described method Magro offers(http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg...build.html). I tried yesterday to do just that and while I was able to install and configure MediaPortal the plugin was more problematic as it was a RAR files which had the dll plugin but also exe file and other stuff that I didn't know what to do with. In the end I just dropped the dll file into the plugin library. Still no joy, it didn't seem to give me LIve TV.
I tried Confluence Verticle but was not able to find or enable LIVE TV. Something must be messed up with my install as I am not seeing Confluence in the skin plugin library.
I am a little apprehensive about doing another uninstall as I spent a lot of time getting the Harmony remote to work with XBMC and am concerned I will lose those settings. I did try to use the XBMCBackup plugin but after backing up about 30% the script crashes
Never installed MediaPortal myself, but I'd guess that you need to install that plugin - not just drop it into the right directory. I'm assuming you can install from rar (you can definitely install from zip)... if so, then go to addons and you'll find "install from zip..." - use that to navigate to the file and try that. It may be that something registers as it's installed, and you're bypassing that step.
I found Confluence Skin in the uninstalled skin plugins (my fault entirely for not remembering uninstalling it). Reinstalled it and enabled it. Will work on installing the MediaPortal TVServer XBMC Server plugin
I think Media Portal is installed along with plugin as per instructions here (http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg...r-doc.html) but I still not seeing LiveTV . It is not in System Settings and under Skin it is not available to hide or unhide
Complete uninstall of XBMC and user data and reinstall brought back LIVE TV using Dushmaniac's Eden-PVR
Pages: 1 2