Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ATV2 File Access with no Internet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having issues accessing files on my server with XBMC on my PC and on my ATV2 when the internet is down and my network is up. I am able to access the files browsing and playing them with WMP from PC to PC, but XBMC won't see the files (it just times out). I am using a cisco router and a netgear 8 port switch. It doesn't matter if I have everything running through the switch or everything through the router or both. I don't understand why XBMC has to have the internet active to work.

Any ideas?
xbmc.log needed when internet is off. Its of course not needing internet connection for accessing lan if you don't force it to by strange network configuration (wonky dns config for example).
Where do I get xbmc.log and where do I put it for ATV2 and PC? Do I need to keep it in that location all the time?

Also, I don't understand what wonky DNS config means.

(2012-08-12, 03:00)modenacart Wrote: [ -> ]Where do I get xbmc.log and where do I put it for ATV2 and PC? Do I need to keep it in that location all the time?

Also, I don't understand what wonky DNS config means.
The xbmc.log file won't fix your problem. What Memphiz is saying is that you should enable XBMC debugging logging the next time your Internet access is down but your home network is still up and you are unable to access media files on your local network. This debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log) is created and updated automatically by XBMC, and it captures application diagnostic information that can be used to facilitate problem determination (i.e., why you are unable to access local network media files). The location of the xbmc.log for your particular platform(s), and where you should upload it for others to review, is explained here: debug log (wiki)
Ok, I will do check that.
sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but it seems i'm having the same problem.
will post logs when i get home..