Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: using MQ3 but going for MQ4 questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I got a clean xbmc install, and using MQ3 at this point
I'm looking forward to MQ4 , obviously
But what i want to know..

Before i set up my library complete as i want, will all things be the same, when i migrate from 3 to 4?
I mean, i wont lose my artwork... and stuff?
Even "watched" items...
Will movies set to watched, also be "watched" in MQ4?
Even for other things?
The whole library, artwork and all other things not related to skin will stay the same. You will only need to configure the skin again - select desired views, options.
Updating to MQ4 won't damage your library, but if you do a clean install of XBMC, then all of these will be lost.
ok cool Smile
good to know

How do you guys make your movie sets?

Do you use nfo files or use an addon for that? Or something else?
Eden groups movie sets automatically, no need for nfos any more (unless you want something too specific). Go to Settings -> Video -> Group movies in sets option (don't remember exactly how it's called).
You could use Movie Sets, its an addon, but it's been disabled. I think they're making some improved better version.

You can edit nfos though. Just add a line like: <set>James Bond Collection</set> to each movie you want in the collection. You then have to remove the movies from your library and re-add them in order to force the nfos to be read.
(2012-08-20, 20:33)Vaikin Wrote: [ -> ]You could use Movie Sets, its an addon, but it's been disabled. I think they're making some improved better version.

You can edit nfos though. Just add a line like: <set>James Bond Collection</set> to each movie you want in the collection. You then have to remove the movies from your library and re-add them in order to force the nfos to be read.

Where can i find that add-on?

I dont want to use nfo files (i dont like the idea, all nfo files are placed within my movie folders) and i do know eden groups movies automatically
But sometimes it goes wrong (especially the order...) so i want to be able to adjust it.. in a good way

I do know XWMM but it doesnt work yet Wink
But i would prefer being able to adjust in xbmc ...
http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/?Page=Downloads

It's called 'Movie Sets' and its under Programs.
(2012-08-20, 20:49)Vaikin Wrote: [ -> ]http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/?Page=Downloads

thx will try
Movie sets addon is installed, but how does it work?
sometimes i get a create movie set display but i dont know how it comes.. nor how i add things and stuff, nothing happens
(2012-08-20, 21:18)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-20, 20:49)Vaikin Wrote: [ -> ]http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/?Page=Downloads

Movie sets addon is installed, but how does it work?
sometimes i get a create movie set display but i dont know how it comes.. nor how i add things and stuff, nothing happens

Any idea?
It's a program addon, you need to run it from the programs menu. From there you can sift through all the sets and: add/remove movies from a set, create a new set, etc.

Also, the information about the entire set is only displayed on certain skins during certain views(Landscape/Showcase come to mind).
Ok will try thx
(2012-08-20, 20:33)CutSickAss Wrote: [ -> ]Eden groups movie sets automatically, no need for nfos any more (unless you want something too specific). Go to Settings -> Video -> Group movies in sets option (don't remember exactly how it's called).

This is only correct if you let XBMC scrape your library completely. If you use an external manager like Media Companion or Ember to generate .nfo files for all your movies then you will still need to create the sets in either of these programs so the info is added to the .nfo. Otherwise you will have to create your sets manaully in XBMC which would be very tedious.
With Movie Sets, is there a way to turn them off using a smart playlist?
(They Movie Set would be toggeled on in settings, but if I didnt want to see them in a particular Smart Playlist...)