Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Migma] Fonts for Polish and Cyrillic characters?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

Firstly, thanks to everyone who's had input into this great skin. I'm finding it almost perfect for my everyday media centre needs.

I have just one small query - can anyone help?

I have several albums by Polish and Russian artists, and the character set in Migma doesn't seem to support Central European or Cyrillic text. I get lots of crossed-out boxes instead.

I've tried playing around with the appearance settings and changing things there but it doesn't seem to make any difference; I'm guessing the font itself doesn't have those characters?

Just wondering if anyone has a solution to this that would allow me to keep on using Migma? I have played around with other skins but much prefer this one; it's only this one issue that's catching me out!

Hope someone can help, and thanks again,

Discy
(2012-08-27, 11:01)discmeister Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

Firstly, thanks to everyone who's had input into this great skin. I'm finding it almost perfect for my everyday media centre needs.

I have just one small query - can anyone help?

I have several albums by Polish and Russian artists, and the character set in Migma doesn't seem to support Central European or Cyrillic text. I get lots of crossed-out boxes instead.

I've tried playing around with the appearance settings and changing things there but it doesn't seem to make any difference; I'm guessing the font itself doesn't have those characters?

Just wondering if anyone has a solution to this that would allow me to keep on using Migma? I have played around with other skins but much prefer this one; it's only this one issue that's catching me out!

Hope someone can help, and thanks again,

Discy

I need to check other fonts. Just haven't time for now. Busy on my new skin atm.
No worries, Butchabay. Thanks for getting back to me anyway.

Good luck with the new skin - and hope that it has support for these other characters!

Kind regards,

Discy
Hi all. I am struggling for a couple of days now to solve the fonts issue for Romanian subtitles. I quite don't understand why special chars like: ă, î, ș, ț, â, Ș, Ț, Ă, Î, Â, fail to be available as they should normally do for UTF-8. I have have searching every Wiki page for this but without success. Tried every combination in Settings regarding Subtitles Settings - nothing happened. Even tried to modify the langinfo.xml - nothing is changed... I give up! Romanian .srt subtitles will not display correctly!

Please help!