Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Any work being done towards a CMS within XBMC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looked around, wasn't able to find anything but figured I would ask.

Is there any work being done to integrating a CMS solution within XBMC? Something similar to yCMS or pixel shader?
Up,

I would be very interested in a CMS (Color Management System) add on or something for XBMC.
Hi all,

Sorry to dig this old thread out but I can see that other players these days can have some pretty advanced CMS as they can use madVR as a renderer (MPCHC, zoom player JRiver).

Are we ever going to see some improvement on that front. I can understand that colour accuracy it is not the priority for most users but I think that people with colorimeters at home would love that kind of feature being implemented.

Thanks
Hi.

The best place to ask for features is the feature request sub-forum see http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=9 rather then the discussions forums.

Allow me to state the obvious. Smile

Any request requires a developer that is, a) interested in the feature, b) Has the time to do this (it takes a looooong time), and most importantly, c) has the skills required for such a detailed and specific job (tall order by any standards)

The above assume that you just asking because you want this, but dont have skills to do it yourself, if you do or know someone that does try asking them Big Grin The source and basic how to contribute is at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc

Smile
Hi,

You are absolutely right. I figured out a bit after posting that message that a request forum was available. I then prepared a post specifically for this purpose and it can be found there: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=206189.

As I mentionned in the other post their is a solution but it requires using an external player such as MPC-HC but it would be neater to have this in the Kodi player. You are also right in saying that this is something I would like (want is maybe a strong word) but I also think that it would appeal to lots of people who already use XBMC/KODI and also maybe people who are using MPC-HC with MadVR and fancy a better user interface.
You can setup external players from within xbmc already, so there's a shortcut to that in the meanwhile no? Im sure there's a benefit to all suggestions but its not something I can do anything about anyway and you still using a finite resource (developers time/expertise) which are being used elsewhere.

I wouldn't get to hung up on grammatical choices (would like vs want), you see most of us are not native English speakers Smile So if something sounds weird it probably is because of that.
Sure I understand fully what you are saying. I understand that this may never be implemented as it is probably not seen as a priority for 95% of the users. For the 5% remaining they can either live with it or look at setting up an external player within XBMC.

Unfortunately I am not a programmer (Only did a bit of C, VB and Assembler while doing my engineering course and was really not good at it) and don't know enough about how XBMC work to even make an educated guess as to what needs to be done. I was maybe naively thinking that one of the easiest way of dealing with it would be to allow XBMC to use another renderer such as MadVR. While this may work, it probably requires a huge amount of work and as the focus is on other mainstream task I can understand that it will not be done any-time soon.

Anyway I have put a request in the right forum and hopefully it will catch the eye of someone who can help with the matter. (based on the number of replies I am not holding my breath but I don't loose hope).

Sorry if I sounded pedantic about the "want" and "would like" thing, it was meant as a joke. I am myself not a native speaker.

Damien
Thanks for the link. It was pointed out to me on the request thread. Looks like my research skills are quite poor as the first post on tgat discussionnis about 2 month old. I guess now we just need to sit tight and wait. Smile