Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to display Chinese characters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I install a few Chinese addons but WELO display them as squares. What should I do to have WELO to display Chinses characters?
Hi Idi,

Guess Confluence displays them ok? Maybe it's the font that was used for Welo, and it not being unicode. I'll check it out.

Cheers
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, Confluence displays them if I change the font from Default to Arial based. WELO however does not have such option.
Love this skin. Very elegant, smooth and fast. Really appreciate your work!
Ok, i see that option. Wasn't aware of that one. Checked some other skins and see the same setup.

Leave with me... i'll sort for next release, Wink

Cheers for the heads up!
(2012-10-17, 21:40)liquidskin76 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, i see that option. Wasn't aware of that one. Checked some other skins and see the same setup.

Leave with me... i'll sort for next release, Wink

Cheers for the heads up!

Great, Thanks!
Hi Idi,

Do you see the home menu descriptions ('Watch Your Movies', 'Listen To Your Music', etc) font ok. Also do you see the main menu font ok?

Just wondering what font's need sorting for the Arial option. If you can see the above fonts ok, then it's just the Liberation Sans font that needs switching. LibSans is actually quite similar to Arial so it won't have a massive effect on the design appearance.

Cheers
Home movie menu descriptions displays ok. Basically two places where the Chinese font display as squares.
1. Settings/Add-ons/Video Add-ons.: The list of video add-ons installed from zip file show as square
2. Movies/Video Add-ons: This list of enabled add-ons show as square in all view types.

Thanks a lot!
That weird! Wonder why it dislays like that in only two spots! You would think if it was font related, it would be like that all over the place!!

Does Confluence do the same in the exact same location?

Anyway, i'm working on the arial option so will be sorted for next release! Wink

Cheers
Sorry I did not make it clear. Other placed should be doing the same thing. Just I do not have any content with Chinese names, etc. So I did not mention them. Those two places are the ones I have Chinese contents. Therefore I noticed the display issue. Thanks.
Ok, cheers!
Just sorted this! Good to go for next version. Wink

Cheers
Thanks, much appreciated!