Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Receiver AC3 compatible but not E-AC3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all -

I'm trying to watch some HD-DVD rips with E-AC3 sound on my ION setup (Lubuntu 12.10, Frodo RC2, Denon AVR-2807 HDMI 1.1). I see there are options for DD/DTS/TrueHD/DTS-HD/LPCM compatibility, but not E-AC3. When playing back the files with Dolby Digital capability checked, the video slows to a choppiness with no sound. Disable DD compatibility, the movie plays back smoothly and audio is there, but is skips every few minutes (I'm assuming that this is because the CPU can't decode the 5.1 E-AC3 to 7.1 LPCM fast enough). I've also tried converting the E-AC3 track to FLAC, which helps, but the sound still skips about every ten minutes, sometimes more/less. Reference movie is The Polar Express.

What are my options? Is there a way to force the E-AC3 to be passed as AC3 like with DTS-HD and DTS? Should I try converting the E-AC3 to LPCM using ffmpeg?

Thanks!
Steve
Our EAC3 support is shaky right now (okay it doesn't work).
LOL. Okay, I'll figure something else out. I'm sure there isn't much E-AC3 content these days anyway...
Only enough to get constant requests to fix it Wink