Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Hi all.

This version of Rapier is for XBMC 12.x Frodo.
The first post will always be updated with the latest information and changelog.

If you have any problems or find any bugs, please let me know right away. Also, if you have features, ideas, designs etc. you would like added, I'll be more than happy to help.

DOWNLOAD RAPIER 5.7.3 FRODO HERE! (UPDATED 1-OCTOBER-2014)

You can always follow latest development, download uncompressed textures etc. on Github.

You can find a detailed guide to Rapier's skin settings at the wiki.

Please keep this thread reserved for Rapier Frodo.
Click here for Rapier for Kodi 15.x Isengard.
Click here for Rapier for Kodi 14.x Helix.
Click here for Rapier for XBMC 13.x Gotham.

INSTALLING

To install this skin for XBMC Frodo, you must do so by following these steps:
  1. Download the zip file from the MediaFire link above
  2. Start XBMC
  3. Navigate to Settings
  4. Add-ons
  5. Install from zip file
  6. Locate the zip file you downloaded
  7. Install
SCREENSHOTS

CHANGES BY GADE:

RAPIER 5.7.3
Code:
- General bugfixing.
- Bugfixing of breadcrumbs.
- Updating and bugfixing of OSD seekbar labels.
- Added additional video source, video codec and audio media flags.
- Added Spotify and TV Guide home menu images to the extras folder.
- Bugfixing of the menubar in add-on information dialog for touch devices.

PREVIOUS VERSIONS BY GADE:
Code:
------------------------
5.7.2 (25-Aug-14)
------------------------
- Bugfixing of the Shutdown Menu.
- Bugfixing of the Power submenus.
- General bugfixing.
- Fixes for tv show OSD clear logos, clear art and covers.
- Added full support for movie OSD clear logos and clear art. You will need to select your preferred setting again under Skin Settings -> Media -> OSD.
- Added clear art and clear logos when pausing video.
- Fixed paused label under fullscreen video.
- Fixed missing scrollbar in profiles.
- Moved skin setting "Hide OSD Seekbar" to Media: OSD.
- Added a trailer button to the context menu in movies and tv shows.
- Fixed trailer button in video information dialog to use Youtube plugin if no other trailer is available.
- Position fixes for clear art in tv shows Thumbs Info View.
- Updated support for script.videoextras.

------------------------
5.7.1 (22-July-14)
------------------------
- Added OK button to picture information dialog box.
- Added close buttons to PVR dialog boxes.
- Changed handling of OSD clear logos and clear art.
- Added fast forward / rewind buttons to Live TV OSD.

------------------------
5.7.0 (16-July-14)
------------------------
- Added button for CDArt Manager in Album Information / Artist Information menubar.
- Changed the defaultcontrol in DialogKeyboard.xml so it focuses the "Done" button.
- Added duration label, menubar, context menu, clearlogo etc. in script.videoextras detailed list window + added support for music video extras.
- Added additional support for script.tvtunes in music videos.
- Added a setting to the Skin Settings: General to change date format - eg. "FEB 4, 2014" or "4 FEB, 2014"
- Added full support for custom submenus in the home screen PVR category
- Removed support for old fanart method and updated support for script.grab.fanart
- Tweaked Song Information dialog
- Added scrollbar to Addon Settings dialog for better navigation.
- Fixed tv shows Icon View when selecting TV Thumbs.
- Updated tv shows List Info 2 View and Thumbs Info View to make them more in style with the rest of the skin.
- Updated movies Thumbs Info View to make it more in style with the rest of the skin.
- Updated all List Info Views to make them more in style with the rest of the views.
- Added clear logos to all episode views in the info pane.
- Completely removed support for skin handling of local images (clear logo, clear art, landscape etc.). This is now handled by Artwork Downloader in the advanced settings.
- Added season information in episodes Wide List View.
- Removed double icons on parent folder items in various views.
- Changed broken clear logo view in tv shows Wide List View to a new layout using clear art.
- Added clear logo view style when using Movies Icon View.
- Added clear logo view style when using Movies Thumbs Info View.
- Added scroll animations to all Thumbs Info Views in movies / tv shows.
- Update and bugfixing of the Shutdown Menu.
- Updated submenus in the home screen Power Category.
- Fixed aspect ratio on Home Screen now playing widget cd art cover.
- Added onclick function to the status bar when playing music or video to enter the music visualisation or fullscreen video (to better support touch devices).
- Added clear logos in the music library when CDArt Manager is installed. When you enter the skin settings, you will be prompted to enter your music library path (this can also be done manually).
- Removed some redundant view options (hide plot/description, hide poster). If you miss your favourite view option, please let me know.
- Bugfixing on PVR + added info pane media details.
- Updated animations for category icons and add-on shortcuts in the home screen.
- Changed category icons and add-on shortcuts in the home screen, so it is now possible to have both enabled at the same time.
- Added a warning dialog when selecting a custom category icon in the skin settings, and an add-on shortcut has already been enabled for that particular category.
- Fixed some navigation issues in the home screen.
- Removed CustomPanelAddons script and replaced with service.skin.widgets random add-on.
- Fixed background for Addon Information dialog in Music and Videos.
- Added a completely new view type: 3D Wrap (with 3D style and flat style) for movies and tv shows (inspired by Rapier Qualar Mod - thanks to Qualar). SEE THE PICTURES BELOW.

------------------------
5.6.1 (1-Jan-14)
------------------------
- Bugfixing on the InfoPane under Thumbnail View Movies / TV Shows and added additional View Options.
- Bugfixing on script.videoextras detailed list
- Added clear logos in all views under Movies and added View Option to enable/disable.
- Updated Artwork Downloader in the Skin Settings under Add-ons

------------------------
5.6.0 (31-Dec-13)
------------------------
- Fixed skin settings navigation bugs.
- Added settings for script.extendedinfo to the skin settings.
- Fixed all code for script.randomandlastitems
- Added TV Show Next Aired Status mediaflag to tv show views.
- Added clear logo to tv show seasons view.
- Added 3D media flag.
- Added List Info View for tv show seasons.
- Added View Option for display of TV show title in breadcrumbs
- Bug fixing and additions to breadcrumbs
- Updated support for TV Tunes
- Full support for script.videoextras (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:VideoExtras)

------------------------
5.5.0 (21-July-13)
------------------------
- Added TV Show Next Aired widget in home screen with shows airing today using clear logos (can be disabled in the skin settings).
- Bugfixing for v5.4.0

------------------------
5.4.0 (20-July-13)
------------------------
- Added support for IMDb Update (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=167754) in the skin settings.
- Fixed bugs in the Weather Notification.
- Added battery notification when using a laptop (can be enabled/disabled in the skin settings).
- Added power icon.
- Changed home screen top left XBMC logo to script.globalsearch button including full navigation support for this.
- Fixed global navigation from menus to make Home button (top left) work properly in all views.
- Fixed issues with the scrollbar in the settings (makes it easier with touch devices).
- Added full support for script.grab.fanart (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=166572) to replace the broken fanart backgrounds in the home screen.
- Script.grab.fanart can be configured in the Skin Settings under Backgrounds or Add-ons (no need to use the settings in the add-on itself).
- Added add-on shortcuts for the home screen. This can be enabled and configured in the Skin Settings under Home (enabling this will disable all category icons).

------------------------
5.3.2 (13-July-13)
------------------------
- Fixed bugs in the new star rating.
- Fixed bugs in View Options menu.

------------------------
5.3.1 (28-May-13)
------------------------
- Added View Option for half star rating in Movies, TV Shows and Episodes
- Fixed some image problems (fanart etc.)
- Fixed BreadCrumbs (thanks to kenoi)

------------------------
5.3.0 (25-Apr-13)
------------------------
- Fixed transparency issues with AddonInformation etc.
- Fixed order of dialogs in fullscreen video.
- Added a progressbar on home screen main menu when music is playing (can be disabled in Skin Settings under Home).
- Added support for script.libraryeditor in fullscreen InformationDialogs for movies, tv shows, music videos and music (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158775).
- Updated and fixed BreadCrumbs.
- Updated support for clearlogo and clearart
- Fixed TV Show Thumbs Info View to fully support clearlogo and clearart (thanks to past79)

------------------------
5.2.1 (07-Mar-13)
------------------------
- Added a Skin Setting under General to hide the top options menu bar (show it when selected) or to display it constantly.
- Fixed focus problems in Skin Settings with custom backgrounds for music.
- Updated Add-on Settings dialog box: menu items align vertically for easier use.

------------------------
5.2.0 (02-Mar-13)
------------------------
- Added support for clearlogos under TV Shows.
- Fixed issues with artwork downloader + added Settings button under Skin Settings.
- Added Power Menu in home screen.
- Added an option in Skin Settings for the use of script.globalsearch in menus instead of regular XBMC Search.
- Added a Closed Caption media flag icon for video with subtitles.
- Included Spanish translation - thanks to PatOso.

------------------------
5.1.0 (03-Feb-13)
------------------------
- Updated Frodo support for script.artwork.downloader and added support in Music Videos and Skin Settings.
- Updated RandomMovie and RecentlyAdded triggers for playing media
- Added support for banners in Thumbs Info View under TV Shows.
- Fixed media flagging for DVD's + some general things.
- Updated Sort Order and added Channels for PVR.
- Setting under Movies in View Options to display the movie title on the top bar.
- Updated icons and thumbs.
- Added a "Paused" label for paused fullscreen video. Select/deselect this in the Skin Settings, under Media.
- Updated DialogSelect.
- Added Subtitle Settings and Lyrics Settings buttons in Skin Settings.

------------------------
5.0.1 (17-Jan-13)
------------------------
- Included an option for display of TV Show banner under List View (only available for TV Show Seasons).
- Updated image support for Movies and TV Shows.

------------------------
5.0.0 (12-Jan-13)
------------------------
- Updated skin to Frodo.
- Added Auto Update, Notifications and Hide Foreign buttons for AddonBrowser.
- Removed Get Thumb and Get Fanart button for DialogVideoInfo and added Choose Art instead (to support multiple image types)
- removed script.randomitems and script.watchlist and added support for service.skin.widgets
- Added support for Filter.
- Updated menus and Breadcrumb to support Movie Tags.
- Updated DialogPictureInfo to provide more info.
- Added a progress bar for DialogBusy.
- Added an option for display of "Paused" in picture slideshow (Skin Settings).
- Updated Live TV in Settings.
- Added support for new audio flags: DTS-HD Master Audio and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
Full changelog can be viewed here.

All additional language added by me is in english. If you would like it translated to the other supported languages, please provide the translation.

My goal is to update and maintain the skin, but also to include new features and ideas. The important thing for me is to be true to the original idea and design, so all the changes and updates I add, can be disabled in the skin settings.

SUPPORTED AND RECOMMENDED ADD-ONS (AUTOMATIC INSTALLATION)

Artwork Downloader (Martijn)
Artist Slideshow (ronie, pkscout)
Favourites script (ronie, `Black)
Global Search (ronie)
Random and Last items script (MikeBZH44, Martijn, `Black)
Skin Widgets (Martijn, phil65)
TV Show - Next Aired (Ppic, Frost, ronie, `Black, phil65)
Grab Fanart (robweber)

SUPPORTED ADD-ONS (XBMC REPOSITORY INSTALLATION)

CU LRC Lyrics (Taxigps, ronie)
XBMC Subtitles (amet, mr_blobby)
TV Tunes (Ppic,Frost,ronie,robwebset)
Video Extras (robwebset)

SUPPORTED ADD-ONS (MANUAL INSTALLATION)

ExtendedInfo Script (phil65)
IMDB Update (Jandalf)
Library Editor Script (phil65)

Scarfa: the skin seems abandoned, so I hope it's ok for me to do this update ;-)
Very good news, thanks for this update.
Love this skin. Blush
Great work
you da man!
i'm sure that no one will be opposed to you continuing to work on this awesome skin!
now i have two favorites!
and as soon as Piers is done with Linear, I'll have 3 favorite skins!!!
(2013-01-12, 05:27)Gade Wrote: [ -> ]This should be a working version of Rapier for Frodo (tested and fully working on my Frodo RC3). I haven't that much skinning experience, so if you have any problems or find any bugs, please let me know right away. Also, if you have things you would like added, I'll see what I can do.

thanks again for your hard work.

Just one kinda major thing i've seen so far:
1) The main labels do not appear on my Apple TV 2 build -- latested Frodo nightly. If I add a custom item, that does appear. So ATM I can not see things like Movies, Music, TV Shows, etc.
great work on the updating the skin. +1 on no main labels in Openelec 3.0 beta 6 2.99.1. I deleted gui settings as well but still the same results. Live tv is not showing up as well in the system menu although I enabled it in confluence first.

thanks,

Dave
(2013-01-13, 17:17)locomot1f Wrote: [ -> ]Just one kinda major thing i've seen so far:
1) The main labels do not appear on my Apple TV 2 build -- latested Frodo nightly. If I add a custom item, that does appear. So ATM I can not see things like Movies, Music, TV Shows, etc.

(2013-01-13, 21:59)rodercot Wrote: [ -> ]great work on the updating the skin. +1 on no main labels in Openelec 3.0 beta 6 2.99.1. I deleted gui settings as well but still the same results.

Thanks for the nice words :-)

I'll look into this as soon as possible. Right now I'm on vacation at Cape Verde, so maybe it'll take a little while with the updates.

(2013-01-13, 21:59)rodercot Wrote: [ -> ]Live tv is not showing up as well in the system menu although I enabled it in confluence first.

I have updated that + a lot of other things in the next version I'll upload. Stay tuned! ;-)
Thanks for sharing this. Not having rapier was one of the main things holding me back from Frodo. Will be updating soon now.
On the thumbs view the text/genre/ep count is merged ito one anoter
I have just uploaded a new version.

You can download here (I will also update the first post): http://www.mediafire.com/?u11rjciki84kp31

(2013-01-14, 20:52)Piers Wrote: [ -> ]On the thumbs view the text/genre/ep count is merged ito one anoter

I found this problem in Movies and fixed it. Did you see it somewhere else?

I need to look into the main labels on the Home Screen not appearing on Apple TV and OpenELEC.
I have also experienced some focus problems with the menus from time to time.
just for the heck of it I did a clean install of Xbmcbuntu RC3 only changing basic settings in confluence and then switched to your latest updated skin with the same result of no main labels. I remember there was a problem like this before and in system - settings - time zone settings page (for lack of the proper term) if you swapped english for english (us) it would bring back the labels, I have tried this a couple times with no luck, I should note that forcing the last stable non frodo prior to your upgrade skin was acting the same way. I wanted to compare Openelec and XBMCbutnu to cover stuff on my end.

thanks again,

Dave
There is also an issue with the TV show banners. It seems by default to only pick up your local images. When you change the option in the skin settings, it does however work but then changing the image does not make a difference until you come back out of the info screen, and even then it still has an issue where it does not work all the time. Hope I explained this properly.

Shedrock
It is probably a path issue when it comes to the icons not showing up in the home screen. My solution was to put the Textures.xbt file back in the media folder. It all worked after that.
I figured I would spend some time detailing the issues that I have found so far using the last release Gade posted.

All my findings are based on using OpenELEC 3.0 (RC 1) - 2.99.1.

Issues found:

1 - I know that Linux is case sensitive so there is probably an issue with the casing of the path and this is porobably why the home menu icons aren't being displayed.

2 - Movie posters - If I have for example a NatG documentary that has a local poster stored, Rapier will display it if the selection screen, but clicking on OK does not save it, so I am left with a screen shot of the movie. (Confulence and AeonNOX works fine).

3 - Clicking on the icon "System" (with my temp solution in previous post) takes you to the system screen, but once in there and you move around then exit, if you try to go back into it, it will take you directly to the "Skin Settings".

4 - TV show "episode" thumbs take a lot longer to load if they are stored locally. My max wait time was over 3 minutes on a series that contained 13 episodes.

5 - TV show banners for over one (1) season displays a poster where a banner should be, which is all overstretched. When "info" is pressed on my harmony one remote, you can however select the right banner, but only when you exit back to the main TV show screen you will see the change take effect.

I will post any other issues I found.

btw: I have no issues with OpenELEC 2.0.0 using the official Rapier skin.

Shedrock
Thanks all for testing this great skin.

I have made some minor changes and includes a Textures.xbt file instead. As I wrote earlier, I am on Cape Verde right now, so it is a little diffucult for me to do serious tests. But let me know if this fixes the problems with displaying the home menu icons.

You can download the new version here (remember to delete the old one first): http://www.mediafire.com/?u1yuzozcw4kxml2

I'll look into all the image problems as soon as possible.

(2013-01-15, 20:37)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]3 - Clicking on the icon "System" (with my temp solution in previous post) takes you to the system screen, but once in there and you move around then exit, if you try to go back into it, it will take you directly to the "Skin Settings".

Do you still have that problem with the new version? No matter what I do, i can't make it act that way.

(2013-01-15, 20:37)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]5 - TV show banners for over one (1) season displays a poster where a banner should be, which is all overstretched. When "info" is pressed on my harmony one remote, you can however select the right banner, but only when you exit back to the main TV show screen you will see the change take effect.

Which View do you use under TvShow, under Seasons and under Episodes? And does this only happen when you are i Seasons?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26