Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Perl script I wrote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey everyone, i'm new to the forum's, but not new to xbmc. i've been useing this program since it came out and absolutly love it. i rescently upgraded my xbmc to the newest version and began to use its feature of indexing my offline dvd collection, seeing as i have about 300 dvd's it would clearly take a long time to create "title.vob" for each and everyone of them, i looked around for a script to automate the process of turning a list of movies into files in this format but failed to find one, so i made one myself. i'm sure it could be more efficient, and someone has probably already made something like this before seeing as its not very complex at all, but i figured if i went through the work to make it, i may as well post it here incase someone else needed something like this. the script it written in perl, and works on a windows system. it may not be the most efficient, but it saved me alot of time, and gets the job done. i hope someone finds it useful, otherwise sorry for wasting your time.

#!/usr/bin/perl
print "content-type: text/html\n\n";

#variable for list file
$data_file="/inetpub/wwwroot/perl/xbmc/list.txt";

#opens list file and puts in array
open(dat, $data_file) || die("could not open file!");
@raw_data=<dat>;
close(dat);

#chomps /n character from end
foreach $movie (@raw_data) {
chomp($movie);
}

#change outpt variable for where you want the files to go
foreach $movie (@raw_data) {
$outpt="/inetpub/wwwroot/perl/xbmc/";
$extension=".vob";
$movie=$outpt.$movie.$extension;
open(dat2,'>'.$movie) || die("could not open file!");
print $movie;
close(dat2);
}
so as i a ma perl idiot, this takes a list in a text file and creates a single file with a vob extension for each line in the text file?
yep, each movie goes on a seperate line.