Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help - Addon does not have correct structure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I created my first video addon.
It simply goes to a website, fetch video links (mov files).
Trying to install it on xbmc12 and i'm getting "Addon does not have correct structure" error.

zip file name : plugin.video.passioncitychurch.zip

contents : addon.xml , addon.py

addon.xml has :
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="plugin.video.passioncitychurch" name="Passion City Church Messages Addons" version="1.0.0" provider-name="gbzygil">
  <extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource" library="addon.py">
    <provides>video</provides>
  </extension>
  <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <language></language>
    <platform>all</platform>
    <summary lang="en">XBMC Addon for Passion City Church weekly messages</summary>
    <description lang="en">This addon shows you weekly message videos from Passioncitychurch.com</description>
  </extension>
</addon>

Can someone plz tell me what i am doing wrong?

Thanks....
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="plugin.video.passioncitychurch" name="Passion City Church Messages Addons" version="1.0.0" provider-name="gbzygil">
  <requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>
  </requires>
  <extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource" library="addon.py">
    <provides>video</provides>
  </extension>
  <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <language></language>
    <platform>all</platform>
    <summary lang="en">XBMC Addon for Passion City Church weekly messages</summary>
    <description lang="en">This addon shows you weekly message videos from Passioncitychurch.com</description>
  </extension>
</addon>
Thanks for your reply.
Still no luck Sad
Tried renaming the zip to : plugin.video.passioncitychurch-1.0.0.zip that didnt help too....
Check /addons/packages/ and remove any zip of your add-on.
Install an XP VM and did the same thing there, and now it gets installed !!! I guess mac was doing something more during compression which xbmc didnt like.
Now more road blocks.
1. Getting script error while trying to run the addon. Where do i see script error logs ? (is it xbmc.log?)
2. I didnt have an icon initially. Uninstalled the addon, added an icon,png, updated the Addon name in the xml and re-installed the addon. Still i do not see the icon \ new script name. (Tried restarting XBMC, no luck). How can i clear the cache ?
Well, i figured out how to enable debugging, setting loglevel and setting icon\fanart.
Thanks
if you wer zipping in mac os it normally creates a

ds.store folder

thats why it wont install

just delete textures.db and addons.db from

userdata/Database
Awesome, that did it. Thanks
Now only if i could figure out how to generate thumbnails for the .mov files that i have scraped out....
HOLY CRAP!!! i actually got it to work. it only took 2 weeks. Folks the end of the world might be coming. Thanks for all the help and for everyones work on the add on. Time for some Predators hockey!