Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't connect to SMB, NFS or AFP with Xbian
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all I am a noob to Pi and Xbian but not XBMC. Plus I don't know much about command line stuff so I tend to stay away from that. Hence the reason why I chose Xbian since it has a nice and simple GUI installer for OSX. Cudos to all who worked on that and everything on Xbian, it's great and easy to configure.

That said I connected XMBC to my Synology NAS through uPnp only. SMB, NFS or AFP can't connect and I don't know why. I tried to manually add a new location either by name or ip with user name/password etc... But nothing works. So I tested the same operation on my MacbookPro with a fresh copy of XBMC and it's working. So I can rule out the NAS.

I run my Pi with a AData SDHC 8Gb, Belkin wifi dongle, 5v 1a PSU, Xbian 1.0 a5, XBMC 12.

Last thing, everything else works great... Videos plays smooth even in HD. but I would like to use Scrappers which I can't using uPnp. I tried connecting to my other XBMC which I enabled uPnp sharing. It works but navigating through the folders is a pain ( artist, producer, genre, etc...)

Thanks for your help.
I tried out Xbian this weekend and had the same problem.
All my network devices could connect through SMB shares.
I could mount my shared folders on the RPi but when I defined sources with scrapper it would not stick. So no scrapping of my media.

I switched to openElec that worked great. Wink
(2013-02-25, 18:22)dochyde Wrote: [ -> ]I tried out Xbian this weekend and had the same problem.
All my network devices could connect through SMB shares.
I could mount my shared folders on the RPi but when I defined sources with scrapper it would not stick. So no scrapping of my media.

I switched to openElec that worked great. Wink

I just tried openElec and I confirm that it works like it should. So there may be a problem with Xbian version 1.0 a5. This is sad because it is much more easier to configure and it recognize my wifi dongle right away which OpenElec did not.