Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Auto Switch to Music Visualisation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is it possible to switch to the music visualisation screen as soon as music is launced rather than having to press TAB?

Or can this be set as the screen saver / delayed start?
I'm also interested by this if anyone have found the option.
can be set as a screensaver.
for instant autostart you´d neet to put a <onload>ActivateWindow(fullscreen)</onload> in MusicOverlay.xml
Hmmm...the ActivateWindow(fullscreen) didn't seem to work for me.

<onload>XBMC.Action(FullScreen)</onload> seems to do the trick, however it will not allow you to exit fullscreen unless you stop the music. Any additional code I'm missing to get this to work?

Thanks!
Love this idea. Have always wanted this as a feature, but a workaround wld be great as well.

Actually Im gonna have a look.and see if it's been suggested.
(2013-03-31, 06:18)BlueBomber Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm...the ActivateWindow(fullscreen) didn't seem to work for me.

<onload>XBMC.Action(FullScreen)</onload> seems to do the trick, however it will not allow you to exit fullscreen unless you stop the music. Any additional code I'm missing to get this to work?

Thanks!

Did you ever find a resolution to this? I have only just come back to this thread and was wondering how you got on.
Yes, +1. did you manage to achieve it? Regards.
+1
I thought this was already a feature and started to troubleshoot Artist Slideshow. I've figured it out but having this start as soon as music was played would be ideal.
3 new lines in MusicOverlay.xml:

Code:
<onload condition="IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(fullscreenstarted))">Action(fullscreen)</onload>
<onload condition="!IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(fullscreenstarted))">ClearProperty(fullscreenstarted,home)</onload>
<onload condition="IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(fullscreenstarted))">SetProperty(fullscreenstarted,true,home)</onload>
Thank you Phil. That works great.
Cheers Phil ! I presume this will then be standard in your version when its finished . Or an option in skin settings ?
no, probably not. I´m just helpin out.
It's fail-o-clock for me here. I can't get it to work.
The file I'm editing:
C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox.gotham\1080i\MusicOverlay.xml

I don't know where to put the lines of code so I put them at the beginning. -do we only need those 3 lines, or do we also need your original line from post#3, phil65?

I tried putting your first line above, and below the 3 other lines. I also tried BlueBomber's line above and below too. But not getting the ideal result.

We are not *replacing* anything here are we? Just adding to what's there?

Oh, one last thing, my spinning CD and album cover/title,artist,album,year info is dropping away after about 5secs when in fullscreen, can I stop this? I'd like it to stay permanently.
regards.
(2014-09-25, 23:04)PantsOnFire Wrote: [ -> ]It's fail-o-clock for me here. I can't get it to work.
The file I'm editing:
C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox.gotham\1080i\MusicOverlay.xml

I don't know where to put the lines of code so I put them at the beginning. -do we only need those 3 lines, or do we also need your original line from post#3, phil65?

I tried putting your first line above, and below the 3 other lines. I also tried BlueBomber's line above and below too. But not getting the ideal result.

We are not *replacing* anything here are we? Just adding to what's there?

Oh, one last thing, my spinning CD and album cover/title,artist,album,year info is dropping away after about 5secs when in fullscreen, can I stop this? I'd like it to stay permanently.
regards.
put them directly under <window>.
Info stays permanently when pressing "I".
[/quote]
put them directly under <window>.
Info stays permanently when pressing "I".
[/quote]

I'm following your instructions, but not seeing the result still.

Is it possible I'm editing the wrong file?! In xbmc I am using Aeon Nox Gotham Plus, and I am editing:

(sorry to be a pest :o(

This how the file looks:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<window>

<onload condition="IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(fullscreenstarted))">Action(fullscreen)</onload>
< onload condition="!IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(fullscreenstarted))">ClearProperty(fullscreenstarted,home)</onload>
< onload condition="IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(fullscreenstarted))">SetProperty(fullscreenstarted,true,home)</onload>

<onload condition="system.hasaddon(script.artistslideshow) + IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(ArtistSlideShowLoaded))">RunScript(script.artistslideshow, daemon=True)</onload>
    <onload>Skin.Reset(rotationtimer)</onload>
    <onload>AlarmClock(similarartistsmove,Control.Move(5222,1),00:04,silent,loop)</onload>
    <onload>AlarmClock(NowPlaying,Skin.ToggleSetting(rotationtimer),00:15,silent,loop)</onload>
    <onload>SetProperty(ArtistSlideShowLoaded,True,Home)</onload>
    <onunload>CancelAlarm(NowPlaying,true)</onunload>
    <onunload>CancelAlarm(similarartistsmove,true)</onunload>
    <onunload>Skin.Reset(rotationtimer)</onunload>
    <defaultcontrol>-</defaultcontrol>
    <controls></controls>
</window>
Pages: 1 2 3