Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] CouchPotato Manager Add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hi,

I have a new add-on ready for testing: The "CouchPotato Manager" and it's ready for testing :-)

With this add-on you can manager your CouchPotato Server, current Features:
  • List your movies (incl. original-title, cover, fanart, year, ...)
  • Filter Movie list by status (all, wanted, snatched, done, ...)
  • Add new movies to your wanted list
  • Add new movies from other add-ons (this add-on provides a simple interface for other add-ons)
  • List available releases by movie (nzb and torrent)
  • Start download of releases (or ignore/delete them)

Extension Points
This Add-on has two extension points: Video and Program. I suggest starting it from the video section because the movie-info dialog is only available when started from this section.

This add-on does not download anything!
It is just an interface for RuudBurger's great CouchPotato (which is also not a downloader...) which need to be running on your local or any remote machine.

Download
Version 0.0.3 is in the official xbmc.org addon repository.
Download Version 0.0.4
Source is at Github

To other add-on developers
If you want to integrate "Add to CouchPotato" into your add-on, read this:
"Add to CouchPotato" integration for you add-ons

Add-ons with integration

Screenshots
ImageImage

ImageImage

Changelog
Code:
0.0.4 (24.03.2013)
- implemented "base url" setting (needed for mod_proxy)

0.0.3 (18.03.2013)
- new root menu logic
- added "full forced search" to wanted-movies root menu context
- added possibility to select a default profile in add-on settings
- hide api key in settings
- fixed issues when no movie metadata is available
- improved debugging on URLERROR-Exceptions

0.0.2 (17.03.2013)
- added "Search Trailer on YouTube" in movie context menu
- added sort methods
- improved some strings
- fixed some small issues
- code cosmetics

0.0.1 (14.03.2013)
- initial release

If you like it you can add reputation to me by using the "+/-" button below this post.
Or if you really like it, consider donating to xbmc and CouchPotato :-)

regards,
sphere
sounds cool I am a gonna give this a spin
Do you have a git repo for this by any chance? Would love to monitor your progress on this.
(2013-03-15, 04:10)robweber Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a git repo for this by any chance? Would love to monitor your progress on this.

Sure: https://github.com/dersphere/XBMC-CouchPotato-Manager
Thanks! I'm starring this in github right away.

Also - FYI for anyone clicking on the link. The period at the end is also hyperlinked so you get a page not found error. Just delete the period and the page will open.
(2013-03-15, 15:20)robweber Wrote: [ -> ]Also - FYI for anyone clicking on the link. The period at the end is also hyperlinked so you get a page not found error. Just delete the period and the page will open.
Fixed, thanks. Smile

Any comments/issues/feature-requests so far?
A new version is available, Changelog:
Code:
0.0.2 (17.03.2013)
- added "Search Trailer on YouTube" in movie context menu
- added sort methods
- improved some strings
- fixed some small issues
- code cosmetics

0.0.1 (14.03.2013)
- initial release

Download Version 0.0.2
I really like the idea of this addon, but I've had a few problems. My first issue was pretty easy to fix - I didn't have the xbmcswift dep installed. Since I installed from the zip file and not a repo it didn't pull it in automatically. Got that figured out though.

The addon opens and does pull in my API key. I can see my "releases" node just fine, but all the others just show a blank listing with "Add Movie" available. I have several movies in the wanted queue as well as several snatched and failed in the history. When trying to view 'All Movies' I get an addon.py error.

Below is my debug log, hopefully it makes some sense to you. The system is a Win 7 PC running Frodo final. Thanks for working on this, great idea!

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5268
Hi rob,

thanks for your feedback!

Yes, add-on dependencies won't be resolved when installing from .zip - thanks for the reminder, I'll put a note to the announce.
Regarding your problem: That's interesting, looks like urllib2 raises an URLError-Exception (which I sadly catch silently). Maybe the response took to long (Timeout).

To see the StackTrace of the exception can you remove lines 169,170 and send me another log?

thanks,
sphere
I removed the lines you specified and tried again. I tried to open each node. Some, like snatched and downloaded, contained content. Others did not. Some must said "Add movie" and the rest gave a addon.py error. Here is the debug log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5329

Also, after my first post I updated my CP install so it is the latest version. Previously it was about 1-2 weeks old. I generally update whenever prompted.
Thanks for creating this. And nice to see you plan to submit it to the official xbmc.org repo.

Feedback

1.Add new movie
1.Instead of adding "Add new movie" to a all of the filter sublist. I suggest to move it next to the other filers.
2.And when you use "add new movie". It will not open the context menu when showing the movies. But one of the XBMC views as. I would love to use movie-info dialog their.
Benefit. You can see also better if you have found the correct movie. Because movie info, thumbnail and fanart is showing.
3. And I don't want to select the profile when adding new movie. I would rather use my default profile. Add an option on settings?
Add new movie > select default profile or give me an choice to select a profile.

2.Filters
I feel their are to many filters which basically mean the same. I would prefer to see only a view to keep it simple. Like the webbrowser. I also looked at the api docs of couchpotota. And filters like delete, ingored doesn't provide a list of movies.

Add new movie
All Movies
Wanted
Manage/Done

3.apikey on settings
Remove option to set apikey on settings. Users should only use the username and password to login. What's the point anyway of setting username and password. When the apikey is visible?
(2013-03-18, 22:22)tikkiew Wrote: [ -> ]1.Add new movie
1.Instead of adding "Add new movie" to a all of the filter sublist. I suggest to move it next to the other filers.
Implemented with version 0.0.3
(2013-03-18, 22:22)tikkiew Wrote: [ -> ]3. And I don't want to select the profile when adding new movie. I would rather use my default profile. Add an option on settings?
Add new movie > select default profile or give me an choice to select a profile.
Implemented with version 0.0.3, See add-on settings
(2013-03-18, 22:22)tikkiew Wrote: [ -> ]2.Filters
I feel their are to many filters which basically mean the same. I would prefer to see only a view to keep it simple. Like the webbrowser. I also looked at the api docs of couchpotota. And filters like delete, ingored doesn't provide a list of movies.

Add new movie
All Movies
Wanted
Manage/Done
Implemented with version 0.0.3
(2013-03-18, 22:22)tikkiew Wrote: [ -> ]3.apikey on settings
Remove option to set apikey on settings. Users should only use the username and password to login. What's the point anyway of setting username and password. When the apikey is visible?
Implemented with version 0.0.3. The main reason I exposed the api-key was for debugging. It will now only be used internally.

Good suggestions - thank you!

Regarding your suggestion to see the search result while adding new wanted movies, I need to think about that.
Personally I don't use CouchPotato, I only wrote this add-on because some users are asking for "Add to couchpotato"-support in some of my add-ons (like HD-Trailers.net). So the possibility for calling this add-on from other add-ons is important for me. That is why I show the search result in a modal select dialog and not a xbmc plugin vfs-view.
Like I said, I will think about the possibility to have both: A modal select dialog when called from external add-ons and a xbmc plugin vfs-view when "Add new Movie to wanted list" is called internally.

anyway, you can find the new version in the first post, please give it a try and I look forward to your feedback regarding the other suggestions Smile
regards,
sphere
Thanks. Works great. Big Grin
Yeah it crossed my mind you expose apikey for debugging.
And honestly I as well think the best feature is other add-ons can use this to "Add movie to couchpotato" + you are planning to add this the to official xbmc add-ons.
Great to see so much work done so quickly, this has been a long time coming, hopefully it will surpass the sickbeard manager in no time! It would be great if you could add a field for inputting a custom couchpotato url as I'm using nginx and redirecting the url/port.
Just wanted to update you that this addon is working for me now. I pulled your newest version from github and everything works now. Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6