Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unfortunately, XBMC has stopped
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get the above message.

A few nightly builds ago it was okay, so probably if I download another nightly build It'll eventually be fixed...

Except I didn't start XBMC. All I did was turn my tablet on. I immediately get this message without running anything.

Why am I getting this message when I'm not even starting XBMC? I'm not bothered by the error itself (I can always get a newer XBMC), but rather by the fact that I get the message without running anything. Is there some kind of automatic background startup that I can disable?

System logs show that it is indeed trying to start some kind of XBMC process,
It seems to be related to something called XBMCBroadcastReceiver. Also, inserting an SD card seems to cause it to happen again.
Further update:

I uninstalled XBMC. I still get the error from XBMC without having XBMC installed. It seems to have put something on my machine that I can't get rid of.

result of logcat -d
Okay, problem solved thanks to everyone on the IRC channel. I had not actually uninstalled it. If I really uninstall it the problem goes away. It's a real problem but will be fixed in later versions.