Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've decided to do a Confluence mod again. Basically Jezz's default Confluence with the ability to change the Main Menu and backgrounds, plus a couple of other things.

Mod can be installed from the Hybrid Repo

ATM Modded Areas include
  • User Customizable Main Menu
  • Individual Backgrounds
  • User Selectable Large Font Option
  • Added Roboto-Bold-Caps font by uNiversal
  • Skin Kiosk Mode
  • Choice of Music Viz FanArt Types
  • Info Stats Bar on Home Screen
  • Added Home Menu Support for Music Videos
  • Added Wider Home Menu Labels
  • Changed Skin Default Background
Home Screen v1.0.3

CCM Image Gallery by jmh2002

watch gallery
this is great I always wanted to use the confluence skin more but it lacked a few things I like I know you probably want to keep this as minimal as possible as to keep to the confluence basic-ness

Add Logo To Information Screen During Playback Instead Of Default Screenshot
Add Information Popup Delay on Fanart View
Add Some Transparency Settings
Add Movie/Episode Counter Totals
Yep, this one is supposed to stay "Confluence" but delayed info popup in fanart view, I like & usually do it anyway.

Re the watched checkmarks, I'd suggest that the included original ticks are used as a fallback if the user hasn't added their own images to a "watched" folder inside the mod's media folder. This way I don't have to add any toggle settings.

The logo on OSD playback info, I'm not 100% sure about. Are we not supposed to use ClearArt ? Think there may be a few different opinions over what to show.

On a seperate note - found the first bug.Global Search results points to one of my new language strings & doesn't make sense Smile
Updated Mod in repo to version 1.0.2

Change Log
Version 1.0.3 - Current Git Version
  • Added Info Stats Bar to Home Screen
  • Added Home Fanart to Recently Added Widgets
  • Added Roboto-Bold-Caps font by uNiversal
  • Added Home Support for Music Videos
  • Added Wider Home Menu Labels
  • Changed Floor to floor.png by uNiversal
  • Changed Skin Default Background
Version 1.0.2
  • Added Live CD Case as default Music Viz Background
  • Added Artist Slideshow Support in Music Viz
  • Added Extra Fanart & CD Art Option in Music Viz
  • Added Playlist Button to MusicOSD
Version 1.0.1
  • Added Delay to Info Popup FanArt Media View
  • Added Large Font
  • Added Kiosk Mode
  • Returned Skin Settings to Settings Menu
  • Added QWERTY Keyboard
  • BugFix Duplicate Lang Strings
Version 1.0.0
  • Initial Mod of Confluence
  • Added Custom Main Menu
  • Added Individual Backgrounds
This is great, i love confluence as it is but really miss clearart and ore logos. if you coul ad these i am sold!!
Thanks in advance!

and great work ofcource!!!
Pretty sure they'll work there way in Big Grin Actually a few things still need adding eg: Artist Slideshow
For those who like bleeding edge stuff GitHub

Includes bugfix for 2nd bug found - Wrong background could would under certain circumstances
Added Music Viz Fanart options to GitHub version
  • Live CD Case Default Background - thanks to BigNoid & phil65 borrowed some Aeon-Nox code. This is default background if no Fanart
  • Animate Music Viz Fanart - Toggle switch for Ken Burns Animation Effect
  • Diffuse Visualization with Fanart - For use with Opaque Visualizations able to see FanArt also. Original idea from Aeon-Nox
  • Allow Artist Folder Search for Extra Fanart - Show multi images from "Artist/extrafanart/" folder
  • Allow Artist Slideshow Fanart - Pretty obvious view script.artistslideshow images

Still need to add spinning disc and artist logo - was wondering if anyone had any interesting ideas as disc sliding out of case is a bit stale now.

If anyone finds bugs with git version, especially new music viz fanart options - please let me know - cheers hey!
Time for a screenshot I think.

Music Viz screen. Fanart turned off to show default background of a few CD cases from your collection. Went with a big spinning CD disc on bottom left instead of usual case and disc. I've seen it on a couple skins but to be honest I "lifted" the code from ACE by MarcosQui - Thanks!! Artist logo also on show.

Also added current playlist button & artist bio once Menu up

Think that should be about it for Music Viz now Smile Time to move onto VideoOSD - any ideas let me know.
Your Skin works great on my raspberry pi, its fast :-)
is it easy to code in a togle submenu and powerbutton on/off
so that it doesn't show on the main menu ?
Yes it's easy to do - However I'm not sure about doing it as it's a slippery road. Confluence is a great skin, however my personal perferences include quite a few changes such as you suggest. Problem is we'd just end up with a Hybrid clone. So need to spend a while thinking about it Smile
hi, thanks you for your great work, can you tell me please how can i add the recently added movies like your first pic thx in advance !!
(2013-03-31, 19:21)remeedy Wrote: [ -> ]hi, thanks you for your great work, can you tell me please how can i add the recently added movies like your first pic thx in advance !!

Welcome to the forum & Thanks Smile

Make sure you have version 1.0.3. Make sure you have "Movies" in your database. Add a "Movies" option to your Main Menu. Goto System --> Skin Settings --> Home Window. Enable "Show Recently added Videos" as per screenshot.

I seem to have lost the regular settings option. I'm running openelec on a raspberry pi. I'm guessing it is supposed to show on the system section, but it only has

Skin settings
Open Elec OS
Filemanager
Addon browser
Profiles
System info

Am I just totally missing something here?

I'm not able to enable/disable rss feeds, or change to another skin.

Thanks for your help!

EDIT:

I was able to get the correct menu to come back. I removed the following 2 lines from the Settings.xml file though:

<include>DefaultInitialSetup</include>
<onload>SetProperty(MenuItemActive,Settings,Home)</onload>

I don't know why they caused a problem. When I was going into System (not one of the sub menus), it would actually load the skin settings, and not the regular system settings menu. I removed both of them at the same time, so I'm not sure which one of them fixed the issue.
Those are the submenu items that hang under the "system" menu item. It is the "regular settings option" you need to go into it.
Press "enter or OK" not "up or down"

Edit See your edit Smile So it will not go into settings not you can't see it.