Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Swedish subtitles from a mythtv system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having problems with subtitles on the nordic C-More channels. The subtitles (swedish) work perfectly on a mythtv frontend. I can choose a language and the correct subtitle gets displayed.

I have today configured XBMC with mythtv as a backend, because I like the frontend more. However I cannot choose any subtitles on the menus. XBMC doesn't seem to find the subtitles at all. I am now guessing that the subtitles are not DVB subtitles, but rather teletext. I can use mythtv's mythccextractor to extract the subtitles, but I don't know if that means that they ARE dvb subtitles or not.

Anyway, has anyone found any way to get subtitles on C-more working? This is a showstopper for me otherwise, and I really would like to start using XBMC, so that I can combine my mythtv and plex installations on my frontends.

Regards,

Andréas
Hi,

In July still no subtitles in XBMC / cmyth plugin (Frodo / 1..6.11). I believe this is an unsupported feature? Or a bug? Ot maybe it is implemented in a later version? The menus are there, but just no subtitles selectable. They are there on the mythtv frontend, when waching the same recordings. I'm trying to display Finnish DVB subtitles, but from the programming point that should be no different to Swedish ;-)

Actually, some channels (a minority) have teletext subtitles, and neither those are available in the menus. But it would be nice to have at least DVB subtitles first!

The frontend is much better in any possible ways than the stock mythtv frontend (looks, slickness, usability, stability / feel) except for lack of subtitles (and installation hassles, I had to pull the code from GIT, and select the right branch, and compile by hand. Coudln't get Gotham working with the plugin, it was crashing all the time).

Cheers!
Only works with Tvheadend (and VDR maybe ?)
Subtitles currently work on Mythtv (cmyth plugin, and DVB subtitles - Finnish and other languages in the few occasions I have had recordings with them). Teletext subtitles don't, but they don't currently work on Mythtv's own frontend either; so on occasions, there could be mythtv bugs also!

I believe when I made my previous post, it might well have been a MythTVbug - but that was a year ago so I can't be sure.

Cheers!
I get subtitles here in NZ, with myth 0.27 and xbmc. It depends on the subtitle format. The format used in north America, on Atsc doesn't work afaik.

I don't know what format your subtitles are in, try mediainfo to find out.
They are DVB subtitles - I forgot to say it (although I did earlier on the thread), and as stated, they do work now (there was something wrong previously in an earlier version) - but teletext subtitles don't. There is no problem in knowing / finding out the format (I already know the format they are supposed to be).

As a sidenote, It's beyond me why some channels use teletext subtitles, as DVB has been around for... what, > 10 years now? Rolleyes

I'd presume the problem is in mythbackend / making the recording, since teletext subtitles don't work (currently) in MythTV's own frontend either (a faulty broadcast is an option too). I'll look into the files produced by mythbackend next, if the subtitles are recorded there in the first place. But I haven't had enough time / motivation to do that, since there's only one series I'm really interested in that has teletext subtitles, and that is in English, which I can understand quite easily without subtitles, too Big Grin