Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Default Movie Sets Artwork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Question re: default movie sets artwork with Frodo 12.1

My Directory Structure:
C:\Movies\A\<movie title>\Movie.avi
C:\Movies\B\<movie title>\Movie.avi

Scraped using default TMDB.
When I enable "Group in Sets" and thrn enter the "Sets" menu library, my titles are all grouped in sets, however they are using strange artwork and posters, for example my diehard collection uses die hard 2 poster for the collection?

Now, when I bring up the context menu on these sets, and try to select more appropriate artwork, I am greeted with only 1 choice and no online directory to choose artwork from?

Now, as my movies aren't grouped locally in sets, I'm pretty sure that movie sets artwork downloader won't work for me as it says in the thread that it searches for common groups (which I don't have)

So in closing,
Using a default xbmc setup, scraping a source tht is structured A-Z (with no local groups or sets) xbmc is grouping my movies into sets using tmdb data BUT randomly assigning 1 of the movies posters as the "sets" poster and I would like to change this automagically.

Is there a way to tell xbmc to take these known sets and download the actual "set" data from tmdb?

I have checked here :
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_sets

But it doesn't address my issue?
I have artwork downloader installed,
Movies scraped from tmdb,
Sets arranged by xbmc (not locally grouped)
However...
Artwork is random... Some movie sets artwork uses the 1st movie poster, some the 3rd, some the 5th etc.. No consistency.. Some also display posters for movies no longer in my set? But when I open the context to change it, I can't, it displays only 1 ... Which is the 1 it is displaying/using for that set.
XBMC takes the poster from the first movie alphabetical if I remember correct.

Here is a solution: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153502

I've always been able to change the poster manually for the set.
Hey,
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that isn't a solution im afraid Sad

I'm still required to manually find, download label and organise the artwork, then the script will organise my artwork collection for me. It's not a sets scraper (auto downloader) which is kinda what I'm after Sad

Also, from what I've been reading xbmc doesn't actually let you pick sets artwork very well at all, in fact it seems this issue is in discussion by the devs at this moment, so I'm assuming this must be a known issue?

Im curious as to exactly how are you doing it though, could you explain how you are doing this and where xbmc is letting you pick the artwork from? I'd expect it to let me chose from TMDB but it doesn't? It only gives me 1 choice, and that's the 1 it is using to display on my set, which is stupid, as in my Monsters vs Aliens set it has a cover for the 20min short... I don't even have this movie? When I select to change the artwork on the set... It gives me only this 1 choice, the pumpkin/Halloween short? I can't download new artwork or select covers from any other movies in the set?
(2013-04-05, 17:09)PatrickBateman Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that isn't a solution im afraid Sad

I'm still required to manually find, download label and organise the artwork, then the script will organise my artwork collection for me. It's not a sets scraper (auto downloader) which is kinda what I'm after Sad

Also, from what I've been reading xbmc doesn't actually let you pick sets artwork very well at all, in fact it seems this issue is in discussion by the devs at this moment, so I'm assuming this must be a known issue?

Im curious as to exactly how are you doing it though, could you explain how you are doing this and where xbmc is letting you pick the artwork from? I'd expect it to let me chose from TMDB but it doesn't? It only gives me 1 choice, and that's the 1 it is using to display on my set, which is stupid, as in my Monsters vs Aliens set it has a cover for the 20min short... I don't even have this movie? When I select to change the artwork on the set... It gives me only this 1 choice, the pumpkin/Halloween short? I can't download new artwork or select covers from any other movies in the set?
Have you checked fanart.tv for a poster you can manually add it to your set
(2013-04-05, 17:09)PatrickBateman Wrote: [ -> ]Im curious as to exactly how are you doing it though, could you explain how you are doing this and where xbmc is letting you pick the artwork from? I'd expect it to let me chose from TMDB but it doesn't? It only gives me 1 choice, and that's the 1 it is using to display on my set, which is stupid, as in my Monsters vs Aliens set it has a cover for the 20min short... I don't even have this movie? When I select to change the artwork on the set... It gives me only this 1 choice, the pumpkin/Halloween short? I can't download new artwork or select covers from any other movies in the set?

Movie Sets seems like something that's not ready yet in XBMC, if you want to change poster or fanart you must download them manually first since you can only browse local files and select a poster/fanart.

And when you export your library it doesn't export the poster for the sets....

Since I'm (still) is in the middle of building my Frodo setup my current solution is the script I linked to and keeping all posters in a separate folder and manually download the ones I want to change.
I've started to write a script that will download the default poster from tmdb and put in that directory and when that's working I'm going to let the script update the database also.

I probably end up with writing a web page that let me choose which poster to download and use as I've done for tv-shows...

The possibilites are endless Big Grin.
Ahh,
So there is not other way to do this, other than go through each set that xbmc created, go online, find a picture for that set, download, rename, move to folder, assign to set using xbmc ... Rinse ... Repeat for the other 234 sets Sad

Hopefully they can integrate pointing us to tmdb for set artwork like they already do for single movie artwork. It pulls the set information from tmdb, and single movie artwork from tmdb, seems strange not to pull (or give the user the ability/choice to pull the set image from there too?

Ahh well,
Never mind, but thanks for the replies.
Hello XBMC fellows,

This is something setting us all back in progressing with XBMC usability. Actually the way things work at the moment regarding scraping is disappointing to me, and not even mention the fact that there is no one-step command to force a true "re-scrape and replace" different than remove source or change content and reinstate (If you have hundreds of movies, good luck!). I will give you 2 examples:

1) Movie Collection: Red Cliff Collection.
XBMC set up with Universal and TMDB scrappers to scrape everything from TMDB only, retrieved neither posters nor backdrops for the collection, so XBMC shows instead the poster and backdrop for Red Cliff Part I. Fair enough and good, since there was actually nobody had uploaded posters or backdrops for the collection in TMDB. After realising this, I uploaded a poster for the collection, and what happened? Nothing. No matter what one does in XBMC or how long one waits, one gets no updated posters or backdrops whatsoever, or a way to manually download them from within XBMC using. This is wrong, because nobody around the world can get any reference to the thousands of cumulative hours spent by all of us editing this type of new images and information within TMDB to share with the community. It is useless. Then what happens? One is forced to use local NFO files and images to fix all this, and once that is done, there is no more editing in TMDB to share with the community or a way to double check if the missing info has been uploaded or the issue fixed within XBMC. Nobody cares anymore once local files are in charge of a beautiful user interface.

This is even worse:

2) Chopin: La Dame Aux Camélias

This Blu-Ray movie wasn't showing in IMDB or TMDB yet. So I added all the info in TMDB since to add something new to IMDB is a true and long pain, which only reminded me of my application for my first tourist visa to U.S.A back in the '90s and all the tedious bureaucratic nonsense. I just went through the process of adding the film "Attenborough: 60 Years in the Wild" to the IMDB because, guess what?! Nobody, not even BBC had the dedication to add it to IMDB when it was released last year. I yet have to see confirmation of the addition.

I completed all the info for La Dame Aux Camélias in TMDB, however XBMC and its scraper only shows the title, length and plot. No director, writer, poster, actors thumbs or backdrop. WhyHuhHuh? Can't figure it out at all. Then tried to download extra art with artwork downloader, with configuration set to retrieve posters and images from TMDB, and it showed it can't find ID!! What do I do then and how all this info is going to be shared with the rest of the community via TMDB?? I don't want to thing my efforts inputting new info are waisted.

Anybody could give me a good reason why continuing waisting my time editing all this precious information in TMDB for all of us to share, instead of just editing my local files only from now on? Anybody with a solution to this? If I am missing something I would be grateful to be shown what is it and how to fix it.

Best wishes,

CF
capfuturo you pointed out some issues that need wider exposure, unfortunately you buried them in a 'movie set' thread issue. Not many who have some of the answers will see this message and more notably your posting would be better handled and placed with the people who look after the movie database. I suggest a simple cut & paste of this message to their forums if they have such. I'm sympathetic to the issues you bring forth, but just pointing out this mistake changes little, there really needs to be a ground swell of interest and effort beyond a buried post. As I understand the very existence of these movie image databases are in some jeopardy and you might say a tipping point has to be reached before issues such as this can be addressed.

If you are committed into helping this situation, I suggest you carry your ideas ahead with those that manage these resources and ask how you may best be of assistance.
Dear PatK,

Thanks very much for your help and input. I have pasted here post #1510, as suggested.

All best,

CF
(2013-04-05, 00:26)kaffekask Wrote: [ -> ]XBMC takes the poster from the first movie alphabetical if I remember correct.

Here is a solution: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153502

I've always been able to change the poster manually for the set.

If it does take the first poster from a set why is only 50% assigned with backdrops and foder art and the other 50% isn't although all ietsm have folder and backdrop art?
It actually sucks to manually assign poster and backdrop art and how will it perfrom over multiple clients when i chose local art?
As a fairly new user of XBMC, this is one of the few things left on my niggles list. For example, for the set "The Matrix Collection", the default artwork selected is from The Animatrix - the least suitable entry in the set to use for a set image. Would it be possible to make it so that when navigating to [Manage] -> [Choose Artwork], the posters for just the other movies in that set are listed as possible alternatives? In the current Gotham stable, the situation seems the same as when this thread was created - I go to [Choose Artwork] and there are no alternatives listed, I have to go and manually download one.
Has anyone resolved this issue? I recently switched to Kody from Plex and this movie set issue is driving me insane.

Thanks in advance.
Hello GRRemlin,

This is a four year old thread and there have been 17 releases between v12.1 and v17.3.

Some questions that should have been answered in your first post...
1. What version Kodi are you using
2. Is this your first install or was it an upgrade to a previous version? If upgrade, was this problem present before?
3. What operating system
4. Is Plex still in the mix somewhere in your setup
5. What is your directory structure?
6. Did you populate your library from local scrape or internet?
7. Do you have the artwork in the same directory as the movies? If yes, how is it named?
8. Anything else you think may be relevant.

And confirm we are talking about Movie Sets in the main Movie listing, and not the separate "Sets" listing.

I don't use Movie Sets in the main Movie listing. But when I enabled it, it used all my correct Sets posters.
Good morning Karellen,

I am using the latest Kodi version (tried both standalone and the one from Windows App store) v17.3

It is my first install since installing the new Windows 10 Professional (clean install).

Plex server is still installed on one of the machines, however, I notice the same issue on my HTPC which does not have Plex installed.

Directory structure is as follows:
Movies ---> [Movie Name] ([Year)]

I populated the library using tinyMediaManager which can automatically scrape movie set data as well. It also downloads the appropriate images for sets and stores them in the directory of each movie belonging to the Movie set (e.g. all the movies in the X-Men series will have the movieset files in their folders).
It names them movieset-banner.jpg, movieset-poster.jpg etc.

For all the sets Kodi simply uses a poster from one of the movies in the set (usually the last one in the series). I tried changing it manually via Manage --> Choose art, but the artwork doesn't change when I pick the proper one.

And yes, I am talking about both sets: The ones you can access from the home screen when Movies is highlighted as well as sets which I can switch on and off in the Media--> Videos settings.

Thanks again.
Hello GRRemlin,

I also use TMM, so am familiar with it.

When I use it, if the movie belongs to a Movie Set, it downloads the appropriate artwork. This is a typical download by TMM...

Code:
00059-trailer.mp4
banner.jpg
BDMV
CERTIFICATE
clearart.png
clearlogo.png
disc.png
fanart.jpg
list.txt
list1.txt
logo.png
movie.nfo
movieset-fanart.jpg
movieset-poster.jpg
poster.jpg
thumb.jpg

Note the specific "Movieset" artwork. Do you have this?

Also, I had a glance through the TMM Settings page for Movies. If you go to the "Images" tab in Settings>Movies, at the bottom of the page are options for Moviesets. Do you have this enabled? I use "Store movieset artwork in each movie folder"
Pages: 1 2