Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Showing "Unsupported Signal" Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running XBMC Frodo on Linux Mint 14, which works perfectly, including AC/3 & DTS S/PDIF pass-through, however when switching from my monitor to my TV (Sony Bravia HX750), the TV displays the error: "Unsupported signal. Check your device output." I am using HDMI for video.

I tried changing the resolution, and some other settings to no avail.

Thanks for any help.
Did you try 1280x720@60 or 1920x1080@60? Those resolutions should work on just about any TV.
I probably should have pointed out that my TV and monitor are both connected to my computer simultaneously. When I set it to 1080p@60Hz, the TV shows 80% of the screen, with a black bar on the right (image clipped), and about 10% of the image above the top of the screen. Is there a way to disable the monitor whilst running XBMC? I am almost sure that will fix the problem.
xrandr -q

to find the name of your displays

xrandr --output [yourMonitor] --off
Hi do not know if I am posting in the right place but do hope someone can help.To let you know first of all I am in no way technical in knowledge of internet.We have got a samsung smart tv and also minix box a d xmbc neo x8 we got this as I want to be able to watch English channels but unfortunately it keepe stopping every few minutes and is driving us nuts.Also our internet speed is 6 gb is this enough and is there anyway we can get a better signal.When I click on a channel say any of them it is has only got 50% download on them?Please help