Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New box: G-box midnight mx2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
This is the new box just came out from matricom. They claim they customize xbmc and with dual processors make it runs very smooth in adroid.
Anyone have any idea?
http://matricom.net/products/g-box-midnight-mx2/
Rofl
Thats unfortunate as I was about to get hold of one of these boxes primarily for XBMC.

Can anyone recommend a nice set top box with XBMC pre-installed so it boots directly to XBMC? I wsa thinking about Ouya since the price is right and XBMC has been mentioned but not sure if it will boot directly to XBMC.

Cheers,
Mitch.
Pivos Linux version
(2013-06-08, 12:45)solamnic Wrote: [ -> ]Pivos Linux version

Cheers for that, i'll check it out.
Seems like this box is getting great reviews on Amazon... I think I'll pick one up to play around with. Unlike the previous G-Box, folks are reporting great results right out of the box.
sure, sure Smile that's not what is reported in their forums by actual users.
Well... I'll see for myself! If the experience is sub-par then it's no sweat for only $97. Like most of us here in the XBMC forum I like to tinker around with new tech, and I'm fascinated with these tiny android boxes! But, I wont discount actual user comments so I plan to check them out...
Please share your actual experience in here when you get one Smile
(2013-06-13, 10:16)solamnic Wrote: [ -> ]Please share your actual experience in here when you get one Smile

Here you are...

I'm using a wired MoCA(Ethernet over Coaxial)network streaming videos which are stored on my unRAID NAS. My ISP is Verizon Fios 35/25 for access to the public network...
Really thank you for this video..

a) Can you please try Aeon Nox?

b) the output is 1080p? or 720p as mentioned in another post?
Hm... they promised automatic updates...
but according to this still the magic toothpick is needed Smile

http://androidtvbox.us/migrating-your-mx...procedure/
(2013-06-13, 19:25)solamnic Wrote: [ -> ]Hm... they promised automatic updates...
but according to this still the magic toothpick is needed Smile

http://androidtvbox.us/migrating-your-mx...procedure/

That's only if your box firmware v4.2.1.... irrelevant if your purchasing the box currently they are shipping loaded with v4.2.2.

Been playing with the MX2 all morning and it's an awesome piece of kit! I did try Aeon Nox as you requested and found it to slow down performance just a bit(when scrolling through different menus in XBMC), but not enough not to use the heavier skin.

I'm not sure about HDMI output but I believe that video may be upscaled to 1080p. I believe this is true because, like the previous G-Box, you cannot modify the HDMI output in the XBMC video settings, it is stuck on 720p. However, MX2 Android HDMI output settings are @1080p 60HZ and my display registers 1080p 60HZ when the MX2 initiates. Actually, I'm confused here and not sure enough to make a definite call. What I do know is that all of my videos play fluid without lag and look beautiful on my Samsung display. I will try to get a new video out to you later on this evening!
The 720p display is an Android issue, hardware issue, or firmware issue??
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10