Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HDMI-CEC (REGZA) missing contextmenu button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I am controlling XBMC in Openelec on Raspberry B using Toshibas HDMI-CEC implementation called REGZA-LINK. But the "context menu" aka "options button" (= "C" on keyboard) does not work at all; I read somewhere that by default it should be mapped to the GUIDE button of the remote control. Does anybody know how to deal with that problem? I am using Frodo version with libCEC 2.1.1.

Thanks for any help.
Creating my own remote.xml file solved the problem to some extend. As a sidenote I found out that the red&green button both get recognized by XBMC as "menu", the yellow&blue buttons don't get recognized at all, like several other keys on my remote - seems the TV doesn't forward those correctly. Well, I now remapped the subtitle button to contextmenu-function and it works.
Have you tried mapping the key do a different button so you know it works then?

In OpenELEC it you need to go into the filesystem and go to /storage/.xbmc/userdata. There will then be a file called keyboard.xml or remote.xml (not infront of XBMC so forgot what it is called). If you open that you can edit the file and within the <global> tag add something like

Code:
<yellow>ContextMenu</yellow>

(this will obviously map it to the yellow button on your remote, if you want any other then swap out the word yellow, just that button is probably not being used)

Save the file and then restart XBMC and test out your new button.

EDIT: Turns out I should have refreshed the page before I started typing haha. Are the other buttons that get ignored the number ones? I remember seeing this a while ago on the Raspbmc forums, trying to find the post again to see if they solved it.
Hi, in this picture I marked all buttons that dont work at all with bright pink. The dark-pink marked buttons (red/green) are reported as one. To test I used a remote.xml with all available names like this:

<nine>Notification(Keypress, nine, 1)</nine>

<yellow>Notification(Keypress, yellow, 1)</yellow>

You have a switch marked TV/REGZA-LINK/DVD on your remote.

Why not try with the switch in REGZA-LINK mode, and see if it affects the buttons forwarded?
(2013-05-18, 12:12)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]You have a switch marked TV/REGZA-LINK/DVD on your remote.

Why not try with the switch in REGZA-LINK mode, and see if it affects the buttons forwarded?

Hehe that is just a random image of a remote similar to mine to which i added the markings. On my own physical remote I of course enable the regza switch, or else not a single button works Wink
I get the same thing when i first start mi Pi. Panasonic plasma...If i wait or leave it alone for a few then it will start to work on the button that it's "set" to.
Hello there.
Did you solved the problem?

I'm running RaspBMC in a Toshiba too, and to get the REGZA-LINK to work properly, first need to go to QUICK menu key; there´s an sub-menu for regza-link that shows up a picture of the valid keys for CEC. My TV is a 22av733f and the remote CT-90326.

Hope been helpful.
Hello.

(2014-04-14, 03:28)scoorpy Wrote: [ -> ]Did you solved the problem?
Nope; I came to the conclusion that (some) Toshiba models are not fully compatible with Openelec/Raspberry (there are other problems as well).

(2014-04-14, 03:28)scoorpy Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running RaspBMC in a Toshiba too, and to get the REGZA-LINK to work properly, first need to go to QUICK menu key; there´s an sub-menu for regza-link that shows up a picture of the valid keys for CEC. My TV is a 22av733f and the remote CT-90326.
The "Quick" button on the TV remote always (regardless of REGZA or TV mode) opens the "Quick" menu of my TV, where you can start internal Media Player etc.
But maybe I should try RaspBMC instead of Openelec. I think I'll do it when I have time! So, you gave me inspiration, thanks Smile
It's up to the TV vendors on which buttons they forward via CEC, this has nothing to do with RaspBMC vs Openelec. My LG doesn't forward "info" and "menu" buttons which sucks, but there is nothing I can do about (besides of custom keymaps)
Hi,

Install the addon Keymap Editor (available on get more-> programs)

Works great! Just push and set Smile
(2014-04-21, 00:55)mikeem Wrote: [ -> ]The "Quick" button on the TV remote always (regardless of REGZA or TV mode) opens the "Quick" menu of my TV, where you can start internal Media Player etc.

Same on mine. The "QUICK" button opens the menu of the TV, and right above de Media Player I have a "REGZA LINK" menu.
But I still have some limitation of control. I'll try fightnigh solution.