Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Editing a config file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I just got a RPi with XBMC on it and i also downloaded Transmission. But when i download something with transmission it send my incomplete file to my SD card. When it's completed Transmission moves it from the SD to my 500 GB USB HDD.

I have to edit a config file of Transmission but i can't find it.
The Transmission forum gave me this link: https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/EditConfigFiles
But there's only a bunch of commands there..

Does someone know how to edit this 'settings.json' file?

Thanks
And your XBMC distribution is? Raspbmc, XBian, OpernELEC, or even Raspbian?

Try searching for the file: sudo find / -fstype rootfs -type f -name 'settings.json'
I use OpenELEC, i don't know how to access the command promt.
(2013-05-30, 13:56)Joshua074 Wrote: [ -> ]I use OpenELEC, i don't know how to access the command promt.

If you have a Windows PC, download PuTTY and then connect to the IP address of your OpenELEC Pi using SSH on port 22 - the username is root, the password is openelec.

This thread may also help you.

If you don't know how to edit the file, use nano or vi editors (ie. "nano /storage/.cache/transmission/settings.json" then follow the onscreen commands).
read the question wrong...
Problem is fixed.

How i did it: I stopped both Transmission services, I navigated to the transmission process and then choose for 'Configure'. Here you can edit the download folder.
Editing the DL folder is also possible via the WebUI but both the Transmission services have to be stopped so...

Thanks for all your help Smile