Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Dual PVR Front-Ends not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For a few months now I have been using the IPTVSimple PVR (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=156218) and it is working great. However, due to some bugs in the PVR Demo code, it does not support the HDHomeRun.

I spent the better part of the day setting up NextPVR and it is now working beautifully with my HDHomeRun. I have enabled the NextPVR Addon in XBMC, but upon going to Live TV, it is still just my channels from IPTVSimple and nothing from NextPVR is being loaded.

Everything I read said that two PVR Addons should work together seamlessly, why I am very confused why nothing from NextPVR is being loaded.
Is there anything that needs to be done to get this working?

*Edit*

As a side note, they work fine when one is disabled and the other is loaded. Just tested that and its working perfectly fine.
That's because the IPTV addon is quite buggy, what you need to do is start XBMC (all NextPVR channels should disappear), then restart it and they will appear again. So basically you need to restart XBMC everytime you close it.

For the record I've filed a bug report here but unfortunately no one's had the time to work on it yet.
Thanks so much for letting me know. That is pretty frustrating but with your response, I was able to get them both to show up. Glad to see you have already submitted a bug report concerning this and hopefully it will be rectified soon. Seems to be a few outstanding problems with the PVR Demo code and sounds like we are waiting on Odenkamp to fix them.
I think the main problem is that 99% of users only use a single PVR addon, so it's not exactly a high priority for developers. The IPTV addon is certainly buggy when it comes to configuration (took me a while to get it to work), but once it works it keeps working (I use it daily and the only problems I have are stream-related).
Yeah definitely. It seems like only a handful of us are affected by the small issues so it doesn't really gain much emphasis on being fixed. HDHomeRun streams work fine in XBMC but don't load via the IPTVSimple code. Using dual PVR backends with IPTVSimple doesn't always work, etc.

It bothers me because I've been a developer for almost a decade, but I have never looked into doing much with XBMC so I don't even know where to start with the issue. Not to mention I am clueless when it comes to Python so half the time I don't even know what I am reading when reviewing the code for an addon/plugin.

(2013-08-12, 21:45)negge Wrote: [ -> ]I think the main problem is that 99% of users only use a single PVR addon, so it's not exactly a high priority for developers. The IPTV addon is certainly buggy when it comes to configuration (took me a while to get it to work), but once it works it keeps working (I use it daily and the only problems I have are stream-related).
Hi guys.
I think what issue will be fixed in next version of IPTVSimple addon. In the new version I have reworked calculation of channel id and I think what this solution will resolve the conflicts with other PVRs.
(2013-08-13, 08:13)afedchin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys.
I think what issue will be fixed in next version of IPTVSimple addon. In the new version I have reworked calculation of channel id and I think what this solution will resolve the conflicts with other PVRs.

Regarding channel IDs, I noticed that your addon doesn't calculate the uniqueId properly resulting in duplicate unique IDs across different addons, causing XBMC to do all kinds of weird things like display the wrong channel name/icon for certain channels. I think this is the main reason why it doesn't always work so well with other addons.
Hi afedchin, I would love to test your new version.

I've compiled v1.8.1 and v1.0.5 for both Windows and Linux, IPTVSimple and Tvheadend just don't get along.
On Gotham (Linux's build from master, not alpha) 2 IPTVSimple addons working great with each other but not so much on Frodo.
I posted on the main IPTVSimple thread as well, but I'll throw this here as well -

NextPVR + IPTVSimple --> not working. all the channels from NextPVR disappear as soon as IPTVSimple is enabled. They reappear once IPTVSimple is disabled.

(Restarting XBMC does not help).

Is there any workaround?
PVR IPTV Simple 1.9.3 on OpenELEC 4.2.1 (XBMC 13.2) – still not working with VDR XVDR Client.
See here: http://openelec.tv/forum/84-iptv-support...s-channels

I do like the IPTV addon a lot, but for some of us it i just an (additional) means of adding channels that can't be received via cable or sat, i.e., "home" TV channels when you're living abroad. So it would be really neat if it got some code-cleanup and work together with other PVR clients. I believe XBMC has quite a solid codebase for doing that, so the programmer(s) would make many of us really happy! :-)