Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Group music videos by artist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to group music videos by artist? I want to click on artist and see music for that artist.

Kinda like how movie sets are grouped and not scattered everywhere. You click on a set and then see all movies in the set.

I will then use this as a menu item.

Doesn't look like smartplay lists can do this.

EDIT:
I see I could have worded this a little better. I'd like this to be the default view, when entering the Music Videos from the main menu.
I figured it out. My apologies for bothering to ask this question, talk about having a major brain fart.
If you want to go directly on Music artists windows when pressing Music menu button and you don't want to press DOWN on Music menu item to go on sub-menu and choose Artists then :

- Edit your menu

- Edit menu type :

- Choose Custom :

- Edit command and replace

Code:
ActivateWindow(Music)

by

Code:
ActivateWindow(Music,Artists,return)

- Validate and return to main menu :

- Now, when you press Music menu item, the next screen is Artists view :

Solved ?
Yes, very nice, thank you!
A while ago I started over with Nox and never got around to diving into the Music section until now.

No idea what's going, but when I put in ActivateWindow(Music,Artists,return) all I get is this:

Can't arrow up, down, left, right so I have to Esc out. I close XBMC and go back in and I'm still stuck.

If I set it back to the original ActivateWindow(Music) setting, I get the same as above until I close XBMC and go back in.