Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-12-25, 00:05)T-bird_se Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent news Cocotus

Just one request, I want all movies already in any set filtered out of the movie list, not just the selected one
Now it's possible to include in more than one set and that is not handled by XBMC

Good idea I will look at it!
(2013-12-25, 10:35)Cocotus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-25, 00:05)T-bird_se Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent news Cocotus

Just one request, I want all movies already in any set filtered out of the movie list, not just the selected one
Now it's possible to include in more than one set and that is not handled by XBMC

Good idea I will look at it!

It's in for next version. This will make sure that you can't add one movie to multiple sets (it's not supported in FRODO!)
Thanks, that's great can't wait for next beta version
Really appreciate the work on this!

Is there a way to get logos, cdart, and clearart for movies and TVshows?

Would like to see fanart image scraper for TV Shows too.
(2013-12-27, 01:24)rdonohoe Wrote: [ -> ]Really appreciate the work on this!

I second this. Right now I have to do several steps, to implement a new movie in my library:

1. Copy it to the desired folder (and currently manually rename movie and folder with the correct movie name) .
2. Scrape it with Ember (for having the basics like covers, fanarts and infos)
3. Manually look for a movie-theme (youtube), download it as mp3, rename it to "theme.mp3" and copy it to the movie-folder (since TVTunes is now supporting movies as well)
4. Start XBMC and update XBMC-Movie-Library
5. Start Artwork Downloader and have it look for additional artwork like logo, cdart and clearart

It would be nice if you could include as much of those steps into Ember as possible, especially the search for additional artwork.

Best regards,

FantasticN
(2013-12-27, 09:39)fantasticn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-27, 01:24)rdonohoe Wrote: [ -> ]Really appreciate the work on this!

I second this. Right now I have to do several steps, to implement a new movie in my library:

1. Copy it to the desired folder (and currently manually rename movie and folder with the correct movie name) .
-> same for me,it really gets annoying do to this for every movie - I already created a little tool that does rename movie folder and filename of videofile to title and "Originaltitle.YEAR.SOURCE.mkv/avi" after Ember created NFO file of the movie.
Quote:2. Scrape it with Ember (for having the basics like covers, fanarts and infos)
->This one can be replaced by using automatic srapes in Ember, altough I personally don't use them for scraping the images because I like choose my artwork myself
Quote:3. Manually look for a movie-theme (youtube), download it as mp3, rename it to "theme.mp3" and copy it to the movie-folder (since TVTunes is now supporting movies as well)
--> Good Point, maybe create feature request on bugtracker (http://bugs.embermediamanager.org/thebug...ssues/open) for themes.mp3 support! At least for tv shows it makes sense!
Quote:4. Start XBMC and update XBMC-Movie-Library
-> could be replaced by auto-monitoring the movie folders whenever new movie is added then update library - already thought about it (its a feature request) but the problem right now is to decide when to update movie...
Quote:5. Start Artwork Downloader and have it look for additional artwork like logo, cdart and clearart
-> for 1.4. these kind of art will be scraped by fanart.tv!

It would be nice if you could include as much of those steps into Ember as possible, especially the search for additional artwork.

Best regards,

FantasticN
[/quote]
I suppose you don't use couchpotatoserver to do the renaming for you.

My missing feature is the ability to change movie/tv show art and update it on xbmc.

I think i'll give it a try to implement texturecache tool by Milhouse as an EMM function.
Folks,
I've updated my SkyDrive to include the new beta version:
2013 12 27 - Several bug fixes and all commits up to Christmas!

is now sync'ing and will be online shortly Smile

Enjoy it
Folks,
who added: EFanartsPath and EThumbsPath?

They crash on old DBs. This is not good as you forgot to check if the column exists or to change the AddMissingColumnsToDatabase procedure.

M

hahaha GitHub revealed the sinner: DanCooper!

Tongue LOL

Creating a new procedure to update the DB
(2013-12-27, 11:47)redglory Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose you don't use couchpotatoserver to do the renaming for you.

My missing feature is the ability to change movie/tv show art and update it on xbmc.

I think i'll give it a try to implement texturecache tool by Milhouse as an EMM function.

For this I think you will need to send JSON requests - it may beworth to use an exisiting NETLibrary which we can use in Ember for communication with XBMC, like

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=141604

We could use something like that to update XBMC library from Ember or start addons/skripts on xbmc??May be worth taking a look Smile (you're welcome to work on this since I don't think anyone touched XBMC communication yet??)

(2013-12-27, 17:26)m.savazzi Wrote: [ -> ]Folks,
who added: EFanartsPath and EThumbsPath?

They crash on old DBs. This is not good as you forgot to check if the column exists or to change the AddMissingColumnsToDatabase procedure.

M

hahaha GitHub revealed the sinner: DanCooper!

Tongue LOL

Creating a new procedure to update the DB
lol detective good work Big Grin
(2013-12-27, 17:43)Cocotus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-27, 11:47)redglory Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose you don't use couchpotatoserver to do the renaming for you.

For this I think you will need to send JSON requests - it may beworth to use an exisiting NETLibrary which we can use in Ember for communication with XBMC, like

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=141604

We could use something like that to update XBMC library from Ember or start addons/skripts on xbmc??May be worth taking a look Smile (you're welcome to work on this since I don't think anyone touched XBMC communication yet??)
I already have Json serialization / deserialization in EMM. It's used in the API for FanartTV and others.

Use that one, do not create a new one.

M
(2013-12-17, 15:48)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-28, 02:30)Hairy Hippy Wrote: [ -> ]Re my feature request: When the NFO script writer in Ember generates the NFO (sorry if that's not the correct terminology), I am suggesting at the very end it also writes the IMDB URL (see at the very end of the code below). By doing this for some reason XBMC takes the movie info from the info in the NFO but still is able to tell if the movie is part of a TMDB set (see thread per link at end of code starting at post 6, NB I used the IDMB URL rather than TMDB and it solved the issue). By doing this you won't need to work on request number 19.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<movie xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <id TMDB="39006">tt0075893</id>
  <title>Cruel Passion</title>
  <originaltitle>Cruel Passion</originaltitle>
  <year>1977</year>
  <releasedate>1977-01-01</releasedate>
  <country>Italy</country>
  <country>Germany</country>
  <country>United Kingdom</country>
  <votes>0</votes>
  <mpaa>UK:18</mpaa>
  <certification>UK:18</certification>
  <genre>Drama</genre>
  <plot>Justine is a nubile young virgin cast out of a French orphanage and thrust into a depraved world of prostitution, predatory lesbians, a fugitive murderess, bondage, branding, and one supremely sadistic monk. It's a twisted tale of strange desires, perverse pleasures and the ultimate corruption of innocence as told by the Marquis de Sade.</plot>
  <runtime>98</runtime>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <audio>
        <channels>2</channels>
        <codec>ac3</codec>
        <language>eng</language>
        <longlanguage>English</longlanguage>
        <bitrate>640</bitrate>
      </audio>
      <video>
        <aspect>1.622</aspect>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <durationinseconds>5922</durationinseconds>
        <height>720</height>
        <language>eng</language>
        <longlanguage>English</longlanguage>
        <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
        <width>1168</width>
        <bitrate>4101</bitrate>
        <multiView_Count />
        <encodedSettings>cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:-1:-1 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=4101 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=50000 / vbv_bufsize=50000 / nal_hrd=none / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00</encodedSettings>
      </video>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075893/

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1502670

re option to set title = to original - yes, sorry if I'm mistaken but thought this was a feature of previous Ember releases.

Returning to this topic:

How the hell did someone get the idea to destroy the XML structure with an additional line? I could do it without problems but the XML is not valid and then Ember (as well as any other XML program) raises an error or renames the file to *.info (invalid NFO).

I really do not understand how one can get in such a shit idea.

Any comments?

Hi Dan - Sorry for the very slow reply on this but this decision was nothing to do with me. It's been on the wiki for some time (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO...ML_and_URL).

However, I am raising it as something Ember could write to the NFO as it would actually solve for "Automatic scraping of movie sets from TMDB". By putting the url at the end of the nfo means that the XBMC scraper with automatically go and get the set info from TMDB. I discovered this due to this thread in the above quote.

Not sure why you state the XML becomes invalid; it doesn't or at least it still works from what I have seen. For example before I started to use Ember again to write the NFOs (was still using it for artwork), like another user I used to just have the url in the nfo, however, if there wasn't a certification found I could do the following to the NFO:
Code:
<movie xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <id>tt0075893</id>
  <mpaa>UK:18</mpaa>
  <certification>UK:18</certification>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075893/
Will look into it!

Thanks! Smile
Dan,
sorry to bother but it appears that several issues are bound to the new Settings you've been adding.

In my case even if I choose Frodo and my folders are in pure Frodo style the update DB will not detect the files.

Are you still working on it? or is a bug?
(2013-12-27, 21:03)m.savazzi Wrote: [ -> ]Dan,
sorry to bother but it appears that several issues are bound to the new Settings you've been adding.

In my case even if I choose Frodo and my folders are in pure Frodo style the update DB will not detect the files.

Are you still working on it? or is a bug?

Ok,found the arcane mystery.... you have to delete the movies from the list or they are skipped in the reload Smile