Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-02-21, 22:54)rui_nar Wrote: [ -> ]hi all

I just have a small question. Can EMM handle TV-Shows Banners (XBMC Frodo/Gotham style) ?
Currently, since I can't seem to make that work I'm using another media manager JUST for the banners and EMM for everything else.

I really think it's the best out there and, honestly, the most good looking :p

Keep up the amazing work

Rui

PS: I'm using the latest version: 1.4.0.0 20140213

It should but I'm not sure is working Smile will try to check
(2014-02-21, 23:34)m.savazzi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-21, 22:54)rui_nar Wrote: [ -> ]hi all

I just have a small question. Can EMM handle TV-Shows Banners (XBMC Frodo/Gotham style) ?
Currently, since I can't seem to make that work I'm using another media manager JUST for the banners and EMM for everything else.

I really think it's the best out there and, honestly, the most good looking :p

Keep up the amazing work

Rui

PS: I'm using the latest version: 1.4.0.0 20140213

It should but I'm not sure is working Smile will try to check

Nope, i don't have ported from 1.3.x. Works only in Ember 1.3.0.18 atm.
ah damn ...

any way we can get it as a fetaure on the next beta release of 1.4.0.0 ?
What exactly do I have to do to get Youtube trailers in xbmc format?

I activated youtube trailers in General but It still loads the trailer to a file.

Also any ETA on integrated API keys? Also Fanart.tv logo, cleart ... doesnt seem to work.

Latest release looks great otherwise.
Bug - 20140221 x64 version:

When scraping all movies in "ask" mode, the filename shown in the selection box doesn't match the search text. I'm not sure which text to use to select the movie.

In the above screenshot, the filename is 10 things I hate about you, but the provided search text is Fast & Furious. Please let me know if any other information would be helpful to track this down.

Thanks for all your hard work, I love Ember so much!
(2014-02-23, 12:03)mathewcalvin Wrote: [ -> ]Bug - 20140221 x64 version:

When scraping all movies in "ask" mode, the filename shown in the selection box doesn't match the search text. I'm not sure which text to use to select the movie.

In the above screenshot, the filename is 10 things I hate about you, but the provided search text is Fast & Furious. Please let me know if any other information would be helpful to track this down.

Quite weird. Question: have you clicked on another movie on the main windows before or when the search dialog is showm?

I think we have an issue there...
(2014-02-23, 14:48)m.savazzi Wrote: [ -> ]

Quite weird. Question: have you clicked on another movie on the main windows before or when the search dialog is showm?

M.savazzi-

Yes, the first movie in my library is selected for display (10 things I hate about you), while running "Scrape -> all movies missing items -> ask (require input)".

I'd be happy to check anything else! Smile
(2014-02-23, 00:10)TeKo Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly do I have to do to get Youtube trailers in xbmc format?

I activated youtube trailers in General but It still loads the trailer to a file.

Also any ETA on integrated API keys? Also Fanart.tv logo, cleart ... doesnt seem to work.

Latest release looks great otherwise.

The keys are already embedded. You can just leave the fields empty.
Logo support will only come with the new database, but we do first everything else stable.

(2014-02-23, 15:06)mathewcalvin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-23, 14:48)m.savazzi Wrote: [ -> ]

M.savazzi-

Yes, the first movie in my library is selected for display (10 things I hate about you), while running "Scrape -> all movies missing items -> ask (require input)".

I'd be happy to check anything else! Smile

My mistake. That was already defective in 1.3.x, I'll correct that.
Do we have a launch window, or are we just winging it?
(2014-02-23, 17:11)Dragen Wrote: [ -> ]Do we have a launch window, or are we just winging it?

what is that?
I haven't tried scraping anything yet but the library scan seemed to go fine. However, I noticed there is no support in 1.4 yet for <tag> in the nfo. This version still exhibits the same behavior as 1.3 where if I've specified a <tag> manually, when I update the nfo through Ember it deletes the <tag> since it isn't recognized. Would it be possible in the next version to have Ember keep any tags that it hasn't loaded / doesn't recognize? Full <tag> support would be great as well but at least if it didn't delete the tags I'd manually put in that would be a big step forward.
Just upgraded to 1.4. All my movie posters were scraped as *.tbn files, so they are no longer being recognized. Sad

With the settings menu changes, I am unsure how to get EMM to register them! Any help?

Definitely don't want to have to rescrape/select them all again!
(2014-02-24, 00:13)andy_boy Wrote: [ -> ]Just upgraded to 1.4. All my movie posters were scraped as *.tbn files, so they are no longer being recognized. Sad

With the settings menu changes, I am unsure how to get EMM to register them! Any help?

Definitely don't want to have to rescrape/select them all again!

You can add <filename>.tbn in expert settings and reload all movie with Tools -> Reload all Movies (check this post: Link)
(2014-02-21, 14:16)user321 Wrote: [ -> ]Aha, that wasn't clear from the wiki! Thanks for your help Dan. I think the best thing is to rename to <filename>-poster/fanart then, and rebuild my XBMC library.

I will update WIKI this evening and write something about Expert-Settings

(2014-02-23, 19:23)mhendu Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't tried scraping anything yet but the library scan seemed to go fine. However, I noticed there is no support in 1.4 yet for <tag> in the nfo. This version still exhibits the same behavior as 1.3 where if I've specified a <tag> manually, when I update the nfo through Ember it deletes the <tag> since it isn't recognized. Would it be possible in the next version to have Ember keep any tags that it hasn't loaded / doesn't recognize? Full <tag> support would be great as well but at least if it didn't delete the tags I'd manually put in that would be a big step forward.
<TAG> /Keyword-field is not in current Ember database at the moment - will be in new database (together with Logo/clearart support) once we established stable Ember Smile
Done a quick test of both 20140121 versions

On x64 I have the slow startup as we had 2-3 versions ago, no more testing done

x86
Normal startup time

Test reload/F5 on tv-shows and it almost works
1.. If you reload on a show the artwork for seasons never get loaded, all episodes in all seasons are OK.
2.. Reload on a season picks up the artwork for that season and corresponding episodes
3.. Reload single episode and it loads OK

#2 and 3 are OK and only a minor issue with #1, good work