Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another bug I noticed is that in the newest Beta the choice of which TV series images to scrape (show banner, episode fanart, etc) does not survive re-starting the program. Every time I open the program its back to "select all" - which is a bit annoying when your TV directories get bombarded with dozens of episode art pictures (which mainly all look the same (as the show fanart), as I haven't yet found a series with different ones....)
(2014-03-20, 09:05)gaseous Wrote: [ -> ]Another bug I noticed is that in the newest Beta the choice of which TV series images to scrape (show banner, episode fanart, etc) does not survive re-starting the program. Every time I open the program its back to "select all" - which is a bit annoying when your TV directories get bombarded with dozens of episode art pictures (which mainly all look the same (as the show fanart), as I haven't yet found a series with different ones....)

Thanks, I've fixed that.
I also have removed epsiode fanart for Frodo (not supported by XBMC).
thanks!

did you get my last post, too? seemed like it was overlooked by everyone? or was it just plain weird?
(2014-03-18, 10:16)gaseous Wrote: [ -> ]Newest version just working wonderfully!

Only I just noticed that (re-)scraping TV series now adds extrafanart folders. Is there anyway to switch that off? I found lots of stuff (like turning off episode fanart and actor thumbs) but not extrafanart.

---
edit: seems a bit erratic behaviour. as soon as I asked the question here it stopped doing that. will investigate further...

second edit: rescraping BBC's Coast got extrafanart. although there are only two to choose from. The Last Airbender didn't get any, although there are lots. Up until now only documentaries got extra fanart (documentaries are a different source from TV Series or Kids stuff in my case, if that's any help)

Episode fanart bug: This is a bug. I have used the episode poster trigger for episode fanart Tongue The fanart is created once you have episode posters enabled (is fixed now for next release).

There is nothing coded for extrafanarts in tv shows Huh
Can you tell me the steps to reproduce that issue?
In the File Naming Expert Settings is one of the fields used for the Set Poster ? I use YAMJ and the Set poster is not being named correctly for YAMJ even with YAMJ Compatible Set checked in the settings.
(2014-03-21, 01:10)JSearfoss Wrote: [ -> ]In the File Naming Expert Settings is one of the fields used for the Set Poster ? I use YAMJ and the Set poster is not being named correctly for YAMJ even with YAMJ Compatible Set checked in the settings.

Can you tell me the correct name? I will add it. Expert settings don't have a field for movie sets posters and fanarts.
Has there ever been any thought to adding music to this program? It would really be sweet to be able to have the same type of interface for my music collection. To be able to see what you have and make changes to all the art like banner, fanart, cdart, album cover, clearart, logo, artist folder art. Easily modify the album.nfo, artist.nfo. I don't even care if it had scraping abilities... just being able to do all this manually with a nice interface like EMM would be awesome.
I've searched everywhere for a program that does this with music but I don't think one exists :-(
(2014-03-21, 03:01)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-21, 01:10)JSearfoss Wrote: [ -> ]In the File Naming Expert Settings is one of the fields used for the Set Poster ? I use YAMJ and the Set poster is not being named correctly for YAMJ even with YAMJ Compatible Set checked in the settings.

Can you tell me the correct name? I will add it. Expert settings don't have a field for movie sets posters and fanarts.

Posters - Set_<movie name>_1.jpg
Fanart - Set_<movie name>_1.fanart.jpg
(2014-03-20, 23:19)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Episode fanart bug: This is a bug. I have used the episode poster trigger for episode fanart Tongue The fanart is created once you have episode posters enabled (is fixed now for next release).

There is nothing coded for extrafanarts in tv shows Huh
Can you tell me the steps to reproduce that issue?

I don't do any different than normally. But if it helps, I'll try to make it happen and make screenshots along the way and pack the log into the bundle?
at the moment, I can't reproduce the how to get extrafanart. but I still have some leftover which escaped my cleaning them up afterwards. will send you a logfile as soon as it comes up again...

I have sent you a private message with the link to screenshots showing the extrafanart.

then again....I might have a messed up database (whyever). Because everytime I update on source only, it keeps finding episodes it already knows.....or is that a completely different problem?
(2014-03-21, 13:00)gaseous Wrote: [ -> ]then again....I might have a messed up database (whyever). Because everytime I update on source only, it keeps finding episodes it already knows.....or is that a completely different problem?

I think you have epsiodes with the same episode number. Atm, Ember can only recognize one file per epsiode.
(2014-03-21, 04:21)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]Has there ever been any thought to adding music to this program? It would really be sweet to be able to have the same type of interface for my music collection. To be able to see what you have and make changes to all the art like banner, fanart, cdart, album cover, clearart, logo, artist folder art. Easily modify the album.nfo, artist.nfo. I don't even care if it had scraping abilities... just being able to do all this manually with a nice interface like EMM would be awesome.
I've searched everywhere for a program that does this with music but I don't think one exists :-(

This is planned, but no earlier than Ember version 1.5.x.
We first want to add concerts and music videos.
(2014-03-21, 13:58)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]I think you have epsiodes with the same episode number. Atm, Ember can only recognize one file per epsiode.

ok. that's right so far. but has ever until now been a problem?

I have some episode in two languages and don't want two shows because of that. Up until now Ember just correctly put them in? ...especially as they already have their nfo's. .....hm....

(2014-03-21, 14:14)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]This is planned, but no earlier than Ember version 1.5.x.
We first want to add concerts and music videos.

and NOW you're my personal hero. even if it takes another year to get there Smile
Hey peeps i've been using Ember 2.1 for a long time but decided to upgrade to 1.4 but there are a lot of changes i've never seen. The scrapers have changed from what i'm used to, how do i setup the API key as nothing scrapes unless i chose IMDB as my scraper.
who is thge download link?