Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys, I'm probably doing something wrong. Did a clean install of the latest release, but scraping a movie only turns up a title (and I suspect that is only because of the folder/filename) and literally nothing else. What am I missingHuh
(2014-03-30, 22:06)ricarva Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, I'm probably doing something wrong. Did a clean install of the latest release, but scraping a movie only turns up a title (and I suspect that is only because of the folder/filename) and literally nothing else. What am I missingHuh

Not much information to go on. What are your scraper settings under movies?
(2014-03-31, 08:19)Orbi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-30, 22:06)ricarva Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, I'm probably doing something wrong. Did a clean install of the latest release, but scraping a movie only turns up a title (and I suspect that is only because of the folder/filename) and literally nothing else. What am I missingHuh

Here you go (for data scraper only, just to get started):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fez8ffx6tkkbo9....47.29.png

What am I doing wrong?

TIA
(2014-03-28, 18:37)T-bird_se Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know if this is an Ember or IMDB bug but if you scrape release date from IMDB you always get yesterday dates, TMDB is fine

Maybe IMDB has again changed something on the website. I'll look into it.

(2014-03-31, 08:49)ricarva Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-31, 08:19)Orbi Wrote: [ -> ]

What am I doing wrong?

TIA

And again this strange error when unpacking. I really do not know what the problem is.
Please try to unzip the files again. The error is because no scraper was loaded.
(2014-03-31, 09:35)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-28, 18:37)T-bird_se Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know if this is an Ember or IMDB bug but if you scrape release date from IMDB you always get yesterday dates, TMDB is fine

Tested with Argo and Django Unchained, works correct for me.

(2014-03-31, 08:49)ricarva Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-31, 08:19)Orbi Wrote: [ -> ]Not much information to go on. What are your scraper settings under movies?

What am I doing wrong?

TIA

And again this strange error when unpacking. I really do not know what the problem is.
Please try to unzip the files again. The error is because no scraper was loaded.

Hey Dan, thanks for the feedback - and also all the great work with EMM! Have donated in the past, and will donate again to support the effort around this great piece of software.

Anywho, I tried a bunch of different 1.4 releases - thinking it might be an issue with the later ones - and with everyone of them got the same problem.

Later today I'll try and re-download and unzip again, see if anything changes...

Also, on a different note: any reason for the x64 version taking eons to loadHuh
(2014-03-31, 12:07)ricarva Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Dan, thanks for the feedback - and also all the great work with EMM! Have donated in the past, and will donate again to support the effort around this great piece of software.

Anywho, I tried a bunch of different 1.4 releases - thinking it might be an issue with the later ones - and with everyone of them got the same problem.

Later today I'll try and re-download and unzip again, see if anything changes...

Also, on a different note: any reason for the x64 version taking eons to loadHuh

Please tell me the movie name if you find one that not works correctly with IMDB scraper.

Both versions works normally for me. But i think i will install a fresh Win8 x64 on my virtual server and check both versions.
For me, always everything works without any problems. I also never had an error while extracting from RAR...
(2014-03-31, 09:56)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]

Tested with Argo and Django Unchained, works correct for me.

Works here as well, must have been a hickup on IMDBs side
I have an issue with the latest build not scraping..

Any ideas?
Windows 8.1

Thanks
N
I have gone back to the stable release of 1.3.0.20 (26.02.2014) and all is well
(2014-03-31, 09:35)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]And again this strange error when unpacking. I really do not know what the problem is.

I can reproduce this and also have a work around
This is done on an Swedish win 8.0 OS
Example:
1.. Use IE 10 to download latest beta
2.. Extract the file with standard windows zip tool
3.. Start Ember and you get a security warning a missing digital signature, uncheck that and go a head
4.. Setup a source nothing else
5.. Voila... No scrapers is visible
6.. Quit Ember and delete all files, both extracted a the zip file

Repeated the above the only difference is I use Firefox to download the file
Now I don't get any warning when starting Ember and all is working

This is repeated one more time with both browsers and the result is the same

Conclusion: IE is doing something with the included files and blocks them

Anyone else that can confirm this?
(2014-03-31, 16:07)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-31, 12:07)ricarva Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Dan, thanks for the feedback - and also all the great work with EMM! Have donated in the past, and will donate again to support the effort around this great piece of software.

Please tell me the movie name if you find one that not works correctly with IMDB scraper.

Both versions works normally for me. But i think i will install a fresh Win8 x64 on my virtual server and check both versions.
For me, always everything works without any problems. I also never had an error while extracting from RAR...

So, hate to report that downloading via IE or Chrome and unpacking with Winrar or with Windows Explorer have absolutely no impact: Ember refuses to scrape any which way.

What should I be seeing in my scraper options?

Also, any chance of getting an unpacked version for download?
(2014-04-01, 01:57)ricarva Wrote: [ -> ]

So, hate to report that downloading via IE or Chrome and unpacking with Winrar or with Windows Explorer have absolutely no impact: Ember refuses to scrape any which way.

It should look like this:

(2014-04-01, 01:57)ricarva Wrote: [ -> ]

This is exactly the same issue as me.
Downloaded latest build and previous build) via chrome (latest build)
Extracted via windows unzipping tool
Run Ember
Will not scrape any film. Django Unchained is an example.
Found local background JPG but would scrap anything else or wouldn't let me change the movie manually...

Windows 8.1 fresh install
Latest ember release

My only fix was to go to the stable release in the other thread.

Now working.
I will build an installer today for the next beta release... =)