Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Question:

With the latest 1.4 beta, is there a way I can have it read all the movies that have the banner and landscape? Do I need to refresh? When I double click a movie it is not showing a image for banner and landscape for movies.

Also will there be a column added like fanart/poster/sub/etc...for each image time?
Hmm...well i re scrapped one via local artwork and selected the Landscape file I already had. Then did a full reload and it seems ember picked up all the landscape.

But noticed a issue with the banners. I scrapped and used local artwork to find the banner and instead of reading the banner.jpg it re saved it as my movie name string ex. 21.jump.street.1080.bluray-banner.jpg. (something like that). When it read landscape it did not save as new image file.

Also just a few other notes or requests: Anyway you could have a option like it is now for displaying poster and fanart in small window when browsing the list to have it show a preview of banner, landscape, etc? Ive actually found quite a few movies so far going through manually that have incorrect artwork.

Also it would be cool if when you double clicked on that preview image that it take you to scrape options for that image instead of a larger preview.
How do you get ember to give 3D flags during scrapes.

I know when you don't get a bluray flag during a scrape of a bluray movie, all you have to do is select edit movie---then under source, type bluray.....but what about 3D and possible 4K?
(2014-04-09, 03:10)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm...well i re scrapped one via local artwork and selected the Landscape file I already had. Then did a full reload and it seems ember picked up all the landscape.

But noticed a issue with the banners. I scrapped and used local artwork to find the banner and instead of reading the banner.jpg it re saved it as my movie name string ex. 21.jump.street.1080.bluray-banner.jpg. (something like that). When it read landscape it did not save as new image file.

Also just a few other notes or requests: Anyway you could have a option like it is now for displaying poster and fanart in small window when browsing the list to have it show a preview of banner, landscape, etc? Ive actually found quite a few movies so far going through manually that have incorrect artwork.

Also it would be cool if when you double clicked on that preview image that it take you to scrape options for that image instead of a larger preview.

You can use Tools -> Reload all Movies to add existing banners and landscapes to the Ember database.

We allways use XBMC export DB filenames for default settings. <filename>-banner.jpg should be the correct name.
But i know, the XBMC addon Artworkt-Downloader save banners as banner.jpg (I hate these differences!!!).

If you want use banner.jpg instead of <filename>-banner.jpg:
- disable Banner in Frodo setting
- add banner.jpg to the banner field in expert settings
- reaload the database (Tools -> Reaload all Movies)

I will add all additional image types to the main window like poster and small fanart. Also i will add colums in movie list.

Good idea with doubleclick on, please add a feature request: Link
Btw, you can enable "Click Scrape" in settings to start a rescape if you click on a column/flag in movielist.

(2014-04-09, 09:31)MikeDB Wrote: [ -> ]How do you get ember to give 3D flags during scrapes.

I know when you don't get a bluray flag during a scrape of a bluray movie, all you have to do is select edit movie---then under source, type bluray.....but what about 3D and possible 4K?

We need new/additional flags for this. Feature request already existing: Link
Thanks for heads up on scraper settings and banner renaming. Can't wait for next update! Will be nice to use fanart.tv for tv shows
The recent beta is looking great! I'm liking how it is shaping up.

I noticed two things:

I'm primarily using imdb scraper, but tmdb for trailer links. However, when I do this, the plot outline field gets populated with the same data authentic plot field, even though there is a separate outline, eg plot and outline both are populated on imdb. If I disable the tmdb scraper, I get the expected results, but not if I am scraping trailer from tmdb. All other fields from tmdb are disabled.

Second one is the filtering of the movie list. When you filter for missing items, it filters for all missing items, not just the currently shown items. For example, I don't use separate subs, so I hide the column. However, the filter does not work because Ember still thinks all my movies are missing something. In Ember 1.3 it used to filter based on only the shown columns. I would recommend that we enhance the filtering to allow a user to just specify which missing items one would like to filter for.
Thanks Dan for the new Beta!! Really appreciate the effort that you have been putting in this project.

I like to report the following bug;

Because i'm using Boxee Box i need to edit the filenaming atributes to match the need for Boxee.
When i'm in the Settings menu for "Movies", "Files and Sources" there's an "Export" tab were i can set the file naming for my demands.
When i'm going to the "TV Show" section and click the "Expert" tab it's showing me a blanc screen.

Is there a way to fix this?

Ps. can you explain the difference between the x86 and x64 release? The x86 version is booting up much faster then the x64 on my Server 2012 OS (64bit)

Thanks in advance...
Hey again.

I am on the latest beta (April 09) and am scraping TV shows. I do not see a "DVD" option for episode ordering like 1.3.x had. I see only "Absolute", "High Priority", and "Standard". Am I missing this somewhere? I use DVD ordering where applicable and would like to be able to scrape the DVD episode order from TheTVDB. Let me know where to find it if I missed it. Smile

Thanks.
One other thing i noticed - cutting and pasting do not work in any of the text fields that i could see. I am using the x64 version.
(2014-04-10, 13:37)deh2k7 Wrote: [ -> ]The recent beta is looking great! I'm liking how it is shaping up.

I noticed two things:

I'm primarily using imdb scraper, but tmdb for trailer links. However, when I do this, the plot outline field gets populated with the same data authentic plot field, even though there is a separate outline, eg plot and outline both are populated on imdb. If I disable the tmdb scraper, I get the expected results, but not if I am scraping trailer from tmdb. All other fields from tmdb are disabled.

Second one is the filtering of the movie list. When you filter for missing items, it filters for all missing items, not just the currently shown items. For example, I don't use separate subs, so I hide the column. However, the filter does not work because Ember still thinks all my movies are missing something. In Ember 1.3 it used to filter based on only the shown columns. I would recommend that we enhance the filtering to allow a user to just specify which missing items one would like to filter for.
I will check that issue with scrapers.
"Hide *** column" is only for hide/display columns in lists. What you meant is an extra setting that calls "Missing Items Filter". You can find this settings to the right of "Hide" seetings.

(2014-04-10, 15:06)Wizzzard Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Dan for the new Beta!! Really appreciate the effort that you have been putting in this project.

I like to report the following bug;

Because i'm using Boxee Box i need to edit the filenaming atributes to match the need for Boxee.
When i'm in the Settings menu for "Movies", "Files and Sources" there's an "Export" tab were i can set the file naming for my demands.
When i'm going to the "TV Show" section and click the "Expert" tab it's showing me a blanc screen.

Is there a way to fix this?

Ps. can you explain the difference between the x86 and x64 release? The x86 version is booting up much faster then the x64 on my Server 2012 OS (64bit)

Thanks in advance...
I work on expert settings for tv shows.
I also work on the Boxee defaults (thanks for your table).

I don't know why the x64 is slower than x86 Tongue
The difference are the versions of SQLite, ffmpeg and MediaInfo.

(2014-04-10, 15:51)radigast Wrote: [ -> ]Hey again.

I am on the latest beta (April 09) and am scraping TV shows. I do not see a "DVD" option for episode ordering like 1.3.x had. I see only "Absolute", "High Priority", and "Standard". Am I missing this somewhere? I use DVD ordering where applicable and would like to be able to scrape the DVD episode order from TheTVDB. Let me know where to find it if I missed it. Smile

Thanks.
This is a language issue. "High Priority" is "DVD". I have fixed that for next release.

(2014-04-10, 16:23)deh2k7 Wrote: [ -> ]One other thing i noticed - cutting and pasting do not work in any of the text fields that i could see. I am using the x64 version.
I will check that.
I am seeing with the last couple versions the Video Source is not being written to the nfo file.
(2014-04-10, 23:46)JSearfoss Wrote: [ -> ]I am seeing with the last couple versions the Video Source is not being written to the nfo file.

Thx, will be fixed in next release.
(2014-04-10, 22:20)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-10, 13:37)deh2k7 Wrote: [ -> ]The recent beta is looking great! I'm liking how it is shaping up.

I noticed two things:

"Hide *** column" is only for hide/display columns in lists. What you meant is an extra setting that calls "Missing Items Filter". You can find this settings to the right of "Hide" seetings.

Hi Dan - i missed the Missing items filter the first time. I unchecked a bunch of the fields and tried again, but the missing items filter still does not seem to be functioning. Am I doing it wrong?
(2014-04-11, 15:15)deh2k7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-10, 22:20)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]

I noticed two things:

Hi Dan - i missed the Missing items filter the first time. I unchecked a bunch of the fields and tried again, but the missing items filter still does not seem to be functioning. Am I doing it wrong?

Disable Extrafanarts (does not work, Ember does not recognize EFanarts path).
Otherwise, everything works for me.

Do please take a screenshot of the settings and the list if it still does not work.
(2014-04-11, 15:24)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-11, 15:15)deh2k7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-10, 22:20)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]I will check that issue with scrapers.

Disable Extrafanarts (does not work, Ember does not recognize EFanarts path).
Otherwise, everything works for me.

Do please take a screenshot of the settings and the list if it still does not work.

Thanks Dan - I believe that fixed the issue.