Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-05-29, 15:13)toineb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-27, 17:28)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-27, 17:15)Pr.Sinister Wrote: [ -> ]Created a bug report : http://bugs.embermediamanager.org/thebug...issues/121

It's already fixed for next release.
But thank you for using bug tracker Angel

Hello Dan

(sorry have to ask) How are things progressing with the next release ?

(2014-05-29, 15:27)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-29, 15:13)toineb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-27, 17:28)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]It's already fixed for next release.
But thank you for using bug tracker Angel

Hello Dan

(sorry have to ask) How are things progressing with the next release ?

lol great view, I am jealous
i'm getting this error, for every setting i want to change.

2014-05-29 18:46:30.2121;Ember_Media_Manager.dlgSettings;EmberAPI.ErrorLogger.Error;1;ERROR;"Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Ember_Media_Manager.dlgSettings.SaveSettings(Boolean isApply)"
(2014-05-29, 18:49)orbtwin Wrote: [ -> ]i'm getting this error, for every setting i want to change.

2014-05-29 18:46:30.2121;Ember_Media_Manager.dlgSettings;EmberAPI.ErrorLogger.Error;1;ERROR;"Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Read that... Link
Hi there,

I want to rescrape my whole movie collection (its huge).

Should I do it with the current 1.3 or the new 1.4 version of Ember?

I don't need trailers, but IMDB ratings, posters, description... should work of course.

Does 1.4 have any significant advantages?
(2014-05-29, 19:21)cyberman Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

I want to rescrape my whole movie collection (its huge).

Should I do it with the current 1.3 or the new 1.4 version of Ember?

I don't need trailers, but IMDB ratings, posters, description... should work of course.

Does 1.4 have any significant advantages?

I would use 1.4. It has clearart, landscape... support and works' mutch better than 1.3.x
(2014-05-29, 19:01)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-29, 18:49)orbtwin Wrote: [ -> ]i'm getting this error, for every setting i want to change.

Read that... Link

even in portable mode...it crash!.
you mean i can't install in my X64 computer?
(2014-05-29, 22:17)orbtwin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-29, 19:01)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]

Read that... Link

No, it works with x64. I meant you have to follow these step i have wrote in download thread.

Click on "Feetch Languages" and try it again... or try it with new settings.xml/advancedsettings.xml
A little question:

1. Currently when scraping, Ember downloads very bad posters/fanart (low res and with text all over them). Some months ago with an older version, Ember always downloaded those HQ 1000*1500px without any text on them and one great fanart.

How can I achieve that again (what settings/scrapers do I have to use?)

2. Ember creates "extrafanart" and "extrathumbs" folders. Both contain the same pictures. With the older version those folders didn't get created till I manually downloaded some extrafanart. I would like to get rid of them.

3. "Do not save URLs to nfo" does not work. The NFO file still contain lots of urls. Why are they needed if Ember creates an .actors directory with local thumbs?

This are my current settings (quali is set to "0" as it is by default):
(2014-05-30, 00:51)cyberman Wrote: [ -> ]A little question:

1. Currently when scraping, Ember downloads very bad posters/fanart (low res and with text all over them). Some months ago with an older version, Ember always downloaded those HQ 1000*1500px without any text on them and one great fanart.

How can I achieve that again (what settings/scrapers do I have to use?)

2. Ember creates "extrafanart" and "extrathumbs" folders. Both contain the same pictures. With the older version those folders didn't get created till I manually downloaded some extrafanart. I would like to get rid of them.

3. "Do not save URLs to nfo" does not work. The NFO file still contain lots of urls. Why are they needed if Ember creates an .actors directory with local thumbs?

This are my current settings (quali is set to "0" as it is by default):

1. Please upload your settings.xml and advancedsettings.xml. I will check that.
2. I will (re)add a settings to disable a specific content on autoscraping.
3. Yes, this setting has no function atm Angel
OK sorry I got it. It was my fault. I wanted to edit my earlier posting but it seems you are still awake... ;-)

With this settings everything seems to be fine now (I get those 1000*1500 posters and not extra fanart)

1. I had to disable the check marks "Extrathums" and "Extrafanart" in "Files and Sources"
2. Set TMDB and IMDB scrapers in this order
3. Clean all caches, reload all movies, clean database.

Great program, thank you very much for your hard work!
(2014-05-29, 22:24)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-29, 22:17)orbtwin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-29, 19:01)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Read that... Link

No, it works with x64. I meant you have to follow these step i have wrote in download thread.

Click on "Feetch Languages" and try it again... or try it with new settings.xml/advancedsettings.xml

I've tried everything in your link and I have the same problem. I can't change any settings without getting that error.
it works for me.
but, i'm not able to download extrafanart or extrathumbs
Before I go on scraping one further question: Ember creates those local .actors thumbnails, does XBMC use them?

As the NFO contains all actors thumb URLs to imdb, does XBMC use them or the local ones?
Shouldn't the NFO point the URLs to the local thumbs e.g. like this
Code:
<actor>
    <name>Jason Alexander</name>
    <role>Lightning (voice)</role>
    <thumb>./.actors/Jason_Alexander.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>

Is this a bug?

And will there be a new release in a few days maybe?
(2014-05-30, 04:27)RockDawg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-29, 22:24)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-29, 22:17)orbtwin Wrote: [ -> ]even in portable mode...it crash!.

I've tried everything in your link and I have the same problem. I can't change any settings without getting that error.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing and I have the same problem. Once installed I can't seem to make any changes for file naming. If I set it on the initial install it works, but after that no changes stick and I get the aforementioned error. This is a fresh install and I'm not using any previous Ember settings or database.