Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Songs not playing on Naim Uniti 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I'm using XBMC as a UPNP server for my Naim Uniti2. The server is running on Mac OSX, I start the songs by the Naim App on my iPad. For most of the songs, XBMC works great but there are songs which do not play. This is random, sometimes the songs play, sometimes not. I asked Naim support for help, they gave me the following information:

Yup - XBMC I'm guessing doesn't handle the control point and endpoint being on different devices properly ...

It's an XBMC issue - some versions of Twonky have the same problem which has been fixed on later builds and there's a workaround on Twonky where you can set the formats for each device - does XBMC have that option?

--> What is the problem, is the problem known
--> How can ein trouble shoot the problem

Thanks for your help.

Peter
(2013-09-05, 23:05)pbiedermann Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

I'm using XBMC as a UPNP server for my Naim Uniti2. The server is running on Mac OSX, I start the songs by the Naim App on my iPad. For most of the songs, XBMC works great but there are songs which do not play. This is random, sometimes the songs play, sometimes not. I asked Naim support for help, they gave me the following information:

Yup - XBMC I'm guessing doesn't handle the control point and endpoint being on different devices properly ...

It's an XBMC issue - some versions of Twonky have the same problem which has been fixed on later builds and there's a workaround on Twonky where you can set the formats for each device - does XBMC have that option?

--> What is the problem, is the problem known
--> How can ein trouble shoot the problem

Hi Peter,
With the low cost of NAS drives wouldn't it be worth moving your music files to a NAS to elimenate any potential XBMC conflicts with your Naim Uniti 2 streamer ?

Thanks for your help.

Peter
Hello

You are quite rigth, I installed my new Synology last weekend and are now streaming my music by DNLA to the Naim.

Peter