Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Love this skin but recently I have run into a weird problem, I've posted this question before but no one seems to be able to answer it.

When I pause a Bluray iso movie the "starring" is always empty from the pause info screen. sometimes the plot is missing too but mostly the just the starring info. The same thing happens in the ACE skin. DVD isos are fine as are ordinary movie files. Another weird thing about this problem is that if I start a bluray ISO from a widget on the main menu the pause screen shows perfectly starring and all. can't seem to find an answer to this problem anywhere, I have done a fresh install of xbmc to no avail. Any help greatly appreciated...
(2014-02-15, 09:52)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-14, 20:29)DavidK Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot seem to get the change view menu to appear. I have tried double tapping the up key. doesn't work. So, how do I access the change view menus? Thanks.

David

Do you have kiosk mode activated by any chance?

No. Kiosk mode is not activated

David
(2014-02-16, 01:15)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]@cw-kid, work fine here, look my images

I've used XBMC for years but never tried music with it before. Always used dedicated programs.
I got my music scanned to the library. Its pretty cool.
I have the background psychedelic screensaver thing... all the random artwork... lyrics.. album/track info etc.
What I can't seem to get is the Artist biography that you have.... do I need an addon for that or is there a setting I am missing somewhere?
@huttdes, yes, you need addon artist slideshow. More addon info here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124880

@cw-kid, I use XBMC gotham, look my signature...
Thank you Wanilton.... It appears that is default installed with MQ5... I just had to adjust some settings.
one more follow up question...
The lyrics seem to scroll with the music when they want to.... some songs this works and others I have to hit the arrow key to follow along...
Is this a common glitch?
Hi All,

I recently installed the MQ5 skin, and have just spent the best part of a weekend configuring it to my liking. I have a couple questions thought that I hope someone can help me with:

1. Is it possible to remove the watched/unwatched information from the main home screen when highlighting the Movies and TV shows menu's. Im really not interested in this info, but cant find a way to remove it...Ive found a way to move it to between top/bottom of the screen under the Furniture menu, but dont see a remove/hide option.

2. Ive created several smart playlists for my movies and TV shows based on genre, and would like to set it up so that when I click on Movies or TV shows from the main screen, I instantly see a list of all my playlists by default, rather than seeing all moves/TV shows. Is this possible?

3. Im having an issue with rebooting or shutting down XBMC. whenever I go to the Shutdown menu and select either reboot or shutdown, the screen just freezes, and the only way im able to restore it is to either manually power my machine off, or send a reboot/shutdown command via SSH. Anyone got an idea how to fix this? Im using Openelec installed on a shuttle system, and other skins Ive tried were able to shut down or reboot without a problem.

Thanks for any help
(2014-02-17, 10:40)teb1980 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All,

I recently installed the MQ5 skin, and have just spent the best part of a weekend configuring it to my liking. I have a couple questions thought that I hope someone can help me with:

1. Is it possible to remove the watched/unwatched information from the main home screen when highlighting the Movies and TV shows menu's. Im really not interested in this info, but cant find a way to remove it...Ive found a way to move it to between top/bottom of the screen under the Furniture menu, but dont see a remove/hide option.

2. Ive created several smart playlists for my movies and TV shows based on genre, and would like to set it up so that when I click on Movies or TV shows from the main screen, I instantly see a list of all my playlists by default, rather than seeing all moves/TV shows. Is this possible?

3. Im having an issue with rebooting or shutting down XBMC. whenever I go to the Shutdown menu and select either reboot or shutdown, the screen just freezes, and the only way im able to restore it is to either manually power my machine off, or send a reboot/shutdown command via SSH. Anyone got an idea how to fix this? Im using Openelec installed on a shuttle system, and other skins Ive tried were able to shut down or reboot without a problem.

Thanks for any help

About 3. I had this problem (with another skin) on an older OpenELEC when I was using an older version of proftpd. Just that you know. :-)

/Söder
(2014-02-17, 10:40)teb1980 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All,

Thanks for any help

1) I dont know of a way to do this within the skin. You would have to amend the skin code.

2) XBMC by default comes with a genre filter for both Movies and TV shows. You could add these to your home screen (settings sub menu > customise main menu). Off the top of my head (although I have never tried it so might not work), you could add the video playlist to your favourites and then add this to the home screen. The down side I see with this though is that it is going to bring up all of your playlists for both TV shows and movies.

3) I run openelec and the shut down button works for me. Make sue the shutdown function is set correctly in the settings, and if so enable debugging and have a look at the log.
(2014-02-17, 05:56)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]The lyrics seem to scroll with the music when they want to.... some songs this works and others I have to hit the arrow key to follow along...
Is this a common glitch?

It does that for me with the lyrics as well, I have no idea why though.
(2014-02-17, 13:50)cw-kid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-17, 05:56)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]The lyrics seem to scroll with the music when they want to.... some songs this works and others I have to hit the arrow key to follow along...
Is this a common glitch?

I think it is because of the plugin errors(error:this plugin misses some dependencys, or something like this-(cru lyrics)). When it gives me errors the lyrics wont move, when it is moving no errors.
(2014-02-17, 16:47)romano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-17, 13:50)cw-kid Wrote: [ -> ]
Is this a common glitch?

I think it is because of the plugin errors(error:this plugin misses some dependencys, or something like this-(cru lyrics)). When it gives me errors the lyrics wont move, when it is moving no errors.

These are errors in the XBMC debug log? I don't see any errors on the TV screen when the lyrics are not auto scrolling etc.
They apear to me above, and ask me to disable the add on, i press yes, but still the lyrics appear, just aren't moving.
(2014-02-17, 18:59)romano Wrote: [ -> ]They apear to me above, and ask me to disable the add on, i press yes, but still the lyrics appear, just aren't moving.

I've had the lyrics turned off recently, will try them again see what happens?
Hi Guys,

I am running Gotham nightly, and I install the extended info script to get the extra info when sets covers are hi lighted, but whilst the sets seem to work there is no info being shown, and read somewhere that gotham as a problem with this script, is this true? and is there any remedy to this problem

Thanks