Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-05-08, 16:26)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]Only work automatic install if you use option addon manager XBMC for..

Library Editor for gotham

http://www.files.xbmcbrasil.net/Scripts%...editor.zip

So would I need to manually install the "automatic updates" from page 1 as well if I install the skin this way from ZIP?
I will try explain better, skin have imports session, with addons necessary for work all resources.

If you install via addon manager, XBMC install one by one each addon automatic. But if one addon have troubles dependency, it´s fail.

If you unzip skin and put manually, you need install necessary addons, using addon manager in XBMC, check list in the the post, and procede.

If you don´t install addons, and unzip manually skin, work too, you lost resources in skin, because addons don´t exist, but it´s fine too. But better, install addon, of course.
(2014-05-08, 16:59)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]I will try explain better, skin have imports session, with addons necessary for work all resources.

If you install via addon manager, XBMC install one by one each addon automatic. But if one addon have troubles dependency, it´s fail.

If you unzip skin and put manually, you need install necessary addons, using addon manager in XBMC, check list in the the post, and proceed.

If you don´t install addons, and unzip manually skin, work too, you lost resources in skin, because addons don´t exist, but it´s fine too. But better, install addon, of course.

Ok, that makes sense. If I unzip the MQ5 skin, I can use it, but won't have all the features until I have installed them seperately.

Therefore, by unzipping the MQ5 skin I would have to manually install any addons from the front page that I didn't already have. Correct?

Would I extract all addons (even if not skins) from ZIP into the location users/yourname/appdata/roaming/xbmc/addons?

The reason I ask is some of the addons are not available from the official repo, specifically Library Editor Script, Favourites Script, Random & Last item Script, Skin Widgetss, Video Language Script and XBMC Subtitles. I have downloaded the ZIPs for all of these from the pages you linked on page 1. but just like the Library Editor Script, when I select "install from ZIP", nothing happens, it doesn't install but I don't get an error message. Sad
I can install MQ5 from repo "system-->addons-->get addon-->XBMC.org addon" with fresh XBMC 13. Installation will stuck at 99% for long&long time, but that can works finally.
@foster1984, don´t need more xbmc subtitles addon (native resource in xbmc gotham now).
(2014-05-08, 17:51)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]@foster1984, don´t need more xbmc subtitles addon (native resource in xbmc gotham now).

Thats good then, that means I only need:

favourites Script
Random & Last Item Script
Skin Widgets
Video Language Script

Are these available anywhere other than the links on page 1? As those ZIPs don't seem to work for me.

Would I add all of these into:

users/yourname/appdata/roaming/xbmc/addons
All the addons in the official repository can be found here:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/gotham

and yes, place them in that folder.
(2014-05-08, 18:28)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]All the addons in the official repository can be found here:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/gotham

and yes, place them in that folder.

These 2:

Skin Widgets
Video Language Script

Do not appear to be listed in the repo? Huh

But I will place them into that folder. Should I extract them into there? Or just copy them from Winzip into it?

Thanks for all the help guys, I have never done anything like this manually before.
I have ATV1 with CB2 running XBMC13 Gotham. I love this skin but can't download the extra package. Every attempt gives me an error. It initially starts downloading the extrapack fine, but at about 5% it always stops. Is there any reason why it might do this? And is there a different option for downloading the skin, with a http:// source I can add from file manager?
Thank you Wanilton!! You're quick!! Any special instructions, or where I can go to set up, once I have gotten zip file??
Install via addon manager (inside XBMC), because import modules necessary for addon work.
here is what I'm getting from your instructions.. please correct me if I'm wrong.

In XBMC from main screen go to:

Systems>File Manager>Add New Source-http://www.files.xbmcbrasil.net/skin.aeonmq5.extrapak.zip.

Once installed, exit out and back to main screen.

Then go to:

Systems>Settings>Addons>Install from Zip File

Do I understand this correctly from your instructions?
If so what would be the next step(s)?
Just did a clean install of Gotham. The first thing I try to download via repository is MQ5. It downloads but it never installs. How do I fix this?
(2014-05-08, 21:14)Flinger Wrote: [ -> ]Just did a clean install of Gotham. The first thing I try to download via repository is MQ5. It downloads but it never installs. How do I fix this?

Please read the posts above.