Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-10-04, 21:36)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-30, 15:45)MarcosQui Wrote: [ -> ]mikebzh44, look this:

How do I get that skin show me Media Cases ?
A: Aeon MQ use the 'tags' on the file name or folder to determine the type of case as follows:

bluray - blu-ray - bdrip (without .3d. or .3dbd. tag) = Bluray box
bluray - blu-ray - bdrip + .3d. or .3dbd. = 3D box
.3d. - .3dbd. = 3D box
web = Web box
hdtv = HDTV box
dvd - .iso (without bluray or any other tag) - .ifo = dvd box
All others contents = default box + codec

A example for the bluray case:
filename = moviename.bluray.mkv

So to see the case corresponding just rename the file with these tags above.

If no tag is used the skin show the video codec. Also you can customize the case as you wish, case color or flag.

How about TV Shows? I have some in DVD some blurays. I tried adding the word (DVD) to the main folder that has "Alias"
and didn't work. If I leave the word DVD on the folder name it doesnt get scanned

Here is my folder structure:
\Alias (DVD)\ season 1\S01E01.mkv......S01E20.mkv
\Alias (DVD)\ season 2\S01E01.mkv......S01E20.mkv

Help!

You have to add it to the show name, I have mine like this:

FlashForward/Season 1/FlashForward - S01E01 - No More Good Days - DVD.mkv
Prison Break/Season 1/Prison Break - S01E01 - Pilot - Blu-ray.mkv
I have a recurring problem. I only started using MQ5 a couple of weeks ago. But the main menu (which I will admit I find extremely difficult to customize) regularly fails to respond. For example, I create a menu item that links to a set of files called Kids Movies. One day it works, then it just stops and won't respond. In the Settings for the main menu, what I see does not relate to what is actually on the menu. For example. many items that are in fact displayed have "show" greyed out.

Any suggestions before I have to switch skins?
Need a screen shot please.
I have been using this skin for about 2 months. Only question is how to stop recently watched movies from showing. I found I can toggle between recently watched/in progress/random but have found no way to disable this feature.
You mean the first widget?

You can disable it in the skin settings. I can't remember what it's exactly called, but it shouldn't be too difficult to identify.
(2014-10-07, 11:30)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]Need a screen shot please.

I think I discovered the cause. It's when library is updating, I cannot access from the main menu. For example. I ran an update of the Music library and while it was updating, I couldn't access through the main menu. Same when Movies were updating. However, this doesn't happen in Confluence.
(2014-10-08, 12:19)keiron99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-07, 11:30)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]Need a screen shot please.

I think I discovered the cause. It's when library is updating, I cannot access from the main menu. For example. I ran an update of the Music library and while it was updating, I couldn't access through the main menu. Same when Movies were updating. However, this doesn't happen in Confluence.

That's not something that happens on my system. I haven't heard anyone else report it either.
I never had much luck with this skin. I purchased an i3 Intel NUC last week and thought I would finally be able to use mq5 but alas it kept freezing on me. I guess even an i3 NUC doesn't have enough grunt for the darned thing!
Anyone knows what is causing this:

I have extra-fanart and fanart.
When I turn on extra-fanart viewable on the library and then, turn it off (default fanart), some movies show black background as fanart.

WTF ?
(2014-10-09, 00:14)VanZan Wrote: [ -> ]I never had much luck with this skin. I purchased an i3 Intel NUC last week and thought I would finally be able to use mq5 but alas it kept freezing on me. I guess even an i3 NUC doesn't have enough grunt for the darned thing!
I have a dn2820fykh nuc and mq5 is running great with openelec.
I have the same model NUC mentioned in the above few posts and I too am having a few problems...particularly with an unresponsive main menu as I mention above. Clearly a problem specific to my set up though. Very frustrating!
(2014-10-09, 00:14)VanZan Wrote: [ -> ]I never had much luck with this skin. I purchased an i3 Intel NUC last week and thought I would finally be able to use mq5 but alas it kept freezing on me. I guess even an i3 NUC doesn't have enough grunt for the darned thing!

It does have a tendency to freeze. Enabling kiosk mode will remove a lot of it though.
I'll give that a try mate...thank you! Smile
No probs. Thanks for the rep.
I'm looking to put my xbmc experience a step further.

I'm using mq5 skin on all my boxes.
However,

When i'm honest to myself, i should say that i truly only use 2 main parts of it.

"Movies" and "Tvshows"
(And now and then settings or some programs"

Is there a way with mq5 to:

- put "movies" wall on main page (or whatever view)
- to have the recently added on that same page but in a different part of the screen
-to easily get a hidden menu showing "sort by actor, 3d, etc etc) or to go to tvshows
- to get a second hidden menu a bit further away to go to settings and programs?

I hope this is possible, or is there some other skin that can do that?