Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-10-20, 21:41)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-20, 21:30)kirbypuckett Wrote: [ -> ]I apologize for what might be a pretty silly question, but can anyone help me enable this view:
http://i.imgur.com/4Hxc2B3.jpg

If for some reason that graphic doesn't load, it's a view of selecting a TV show based on the logo and you can predominately see the fanart.

I have TV Show Logos, but I cannot find where this view is located at all. Do I need to have another add-on for this or am I missing something simple.

Thanks in advance.

It's called Showart. To get it to look like that you needed to enable logo's rather than clear art.

Thanks, I got it going now -- looks GREAT too!
Loving the skin, but I have one feature request. In the Wall view, when using logo's as the name at the top, can we have an option to disable the tagline so the logo takes up a larger spot? Even on a 55" tv screen, it gets difficult to read the logo's.

Thanks, and thanks for this wonderful skin.
Hi Marcos

Great Skin !!!!

Hi All

Maybe somebody could give me a hand with two problems. Having made a fresh install (OS inclusive), and installing latest Gotham and MQ5 RC, I've found the following issues:

1) Extrapacks are not being downloaded. Even when selecting "Delete Database and download package again" nothing happens

2) I'm not being able to set the Location for any Weather Add-On. When going to Settings and Selecting "Location 1" the window to write the name of the location never comes-up (neither can I write anything with my keyboard)

Thanks !!!
(2013-10-20, 23:11)BrainSturm Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:
Quote:Yes sorry I must agree.

If you turn 'stacked' off on showcase view, it's exactly the same as the old multiplex.

Hi Samu,

nope sorry, the old Multiplex view is much nicer than the showcase view without stacking.

1. Multiplex has no curved cover corners.
2. Multiplex has a black frame around each cover.
3. Multiplex has a colorful glow around the selected movie.

In my opinion there where enough movies on display and this change wasn´t neccessary and really messes up the whole view.

I hope Marcos is thinking about returning the old multiplex view or somebody can tell me how I can change it back to 1.3.2 style.

Perhaps using the word exactly was a mistake. What I meant was the spacing is the same as the previous multiplex view, as that's what brainstrum mentioned in his comment.

Unfortunately, when you have lots of people using a skin, it is going to be impossible to please everyone.

I think the view has been changed after discussions in the development forum.
Im testing out MQ5 RC3 and i dont know if this is normal but it seems that the skin is constantly sending queries to the video DB and everything that is not TV/Movie section, opens very slowly (Youtube addon took 3mins to show menues on screen) It s doing queries because the watched/unwatched for movies shows numbers and after a few seconds goes blank, then the numbers come back after a few minutes.

http://pastebin.com/WNUc5PrY
(2013-10-20, 18:49)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-20, 15:26)m0v1em4n Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-20, 15:04)BrainSturm Wrote: [ -> ]Improved: Multiplex view - Layout details.

Hey Guys,

am I the only one who thinks the new improved layout in the Multiplex view is way to pressed an dense.

In 1.3.2 it was a really nice view, because you had some space between the movies and a better overview.
But now it´s just one big line of movie covers and I really don´t like it Sad

Any way I can change back the view like it was before myself?

Yes sorry I must agree.

If you turn 'stacked' off on showcase view, it's exactly the same as the old multiplex.

Can someone point me in the right direction to turn stack off, cant seem to find it .
is it in the top menu , called flatten??

Thanks
(2013-10-21, 10:04)m0v1em4n Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone point me in the right direction to turn stack off, cant seem to find it .

Thanks

Yeah, on the top menu, second column along.

I think it’s the option under flatten, although I’m going off memory so could be wrong.
Love the inclusion of multiple Watched icon choices but is there the ability to support partially watched flags?
I just upgraded to RC3 but instead of upgrading XBMC went back to confluence skin on its own. I tried again and the same result. I installed RC2 and fine again.

Any comments please
RC3 is working fine so far, thanks.

But the bug with the current playing media is still present (forgot the correct name of the viewtype... left list? glas list? dunno ^^):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qb1aqrz6ex07kw....36.37.jpg
(2013-10-21, 14:51)tuareg Wrote: [ -> ]I just upgraded to RC3 but instead of upgrading XBMC went back to confluence skin on its own. I tried again and the same result. I installed RC2 and fine again.

Any comments please

Weird. Try unzipping manually and replacing the MQ5 skin folder in the add-on’s folder.
(2013-10-21, 12:21)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-21, 10:04)m0v1em4n Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone point me in the right direction to turn stack off, cant seem to find it .

Thanks

I think it’s the option under flatten, although I’m going off memory so could be wrong.

Thanks, but it didn't seem to do much Smile
(2013-10-21, 16:59)m0v1em4n Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-21, 12:21)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks

Thanks, but it didn't seem to do much Smile

It should put the spacing back to how the old multiplex view is.

I'll try and add a screen shot later to demonstrate.
Hi,

Firstly this is a great skin and has taken place over Aeon Nox on my little Acer RL80.

I do have a couple of questions that are likely to do with me not fully understanding every function within the skin!

Can you tell me if there is any way to just have the Album Cover art and the CD art displayed when playing music. I don't really need the small cycling fanart window or the track info displayed, but it would be good to still see the Album cover and spinning CD image. (similar to Aeon Nox)

Also is there a way to change the default CD art image - I find the grey spinning disc a bit bland and would prefer something like the spinning LP image from Aeon Nox.

It has probably be picked up already but I have noticed when in the main menu playing music the fanart background image sticks if the following track does not have associated fanart!

I am running the latest RC3 version of your skin.

Thanks again Smile
I don't know if this is a skin issue or a program issue; I have to keep turning on extra-fanart option every time i start XBMC because it won't be selected/or is deselected.

Any ideas, anyone come across this issue before? suggestions maybe!

Thanks

(2013-10-21, 21:06)loungesounds Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Firstly this is a great skin and has taken place over Aeon Nox on my little Acer RL80.

I do have a couple of questions that are likely to do with me not fully understanding every function within the skin!

Can you tell me if there is any way to just have the Album Cover art and the CD art displayed when playing music. I don't really need the small cycling fanart window or the track info displayed, but it would be good to still see the Album cover and spinning CD image. (similar to Aeon Nox)

Also is there a way to change the default CD art image - I find the grey spinning disc a bit bland and would prefer something like the spinning LP image from Aeon Nox.

It has probably be picked up already but I have noticed when in the main menu playing music the fanart background image sticks if the following track does not have associated fanart!

I am running the latest RC3 version of your skin.

Thanks again Smile

Regarding the grey disc image; use artwork downloader to download fanart/logos/clearart/discart from the online database. Or you can alternativly go to fanart.tv and download images manually for what ever show, series, music, you have etc etc.

Put the disc.png into the folder of the movie or album you want.

(e,g)

DRIVE \ PRIMARY FOLDER \ MOVIE FOLDER \ ARTWORK
E:\XBMC Movies\Dredd (2013)\disc.png
logo.png
clearart.png
fanart.jpg
poster.jpg
banner.jpg
landscape.jpg

as for music its pretty much the same, just a little different folder structure.

(e,g)

DRIVE \ MUSIC FOLDER \ ARTIST FOLDER \ ALBUM FOLDER
F:\XBMC Music\Mitch Murder\The Touch - EP (2013)\cdart.png etc etc