Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-10-26, 19:36)NewMedia Wrote: [ -> ]Whenever I press the Recently Added button (above main title/widget), XBMC always freezes. Is this a widespread bug?

I don't think it,s exactly the same as you but I have a similar issue:
Basically, when, from "Movies", I go down to "recently added", it goes to a black screen and only way to get out if to reboot...
It doesn't always do that... but often enough to be annoying...

I have been trying to find out the source of this so hard.
Openelec and Windows versions have the same issue.

Tested the following:
-Different HDMI cable
-Different TV
-Different video cards
-Different resolutions
-Different setting with XBMC settings (almost all of them)
- and many more

Nothing in logs about it...

It looks like MQ5 is doing something in the screen display (like a refresh or something) that causes that...

Confluence; no issue....
Try this:

Go to addons folder and delete service.skin.widgets

Go to package folder and delete any references to skin.widgets too.

Install the script again via official repo. Problem solved.

Ps. Confluence does not use the script Skin Widgets, there is no way to have any reference.
(2013-10-26, 21:38)MarcosQui Wrote: [ -> ]Try this:

Ps. Confluence does not use the script Skin Widgets, there is no way to have any reference.

I'll try.
It would make sense for the mentioned issue before me (in the widget) but would it for mine (in "recently added" in Movies sub menu)?
(2013-10-26, 13:15)Morbeas Wrote: [ -> ]When I try to install, I get a "dependencies not met" error. What exactly are those dependencies? I tried installing all the "manual" ones from your first post but it still didn't help.

PS. I'm running 12.2 on Windows 8.1 x64.

same here.. installed all the ones manually restarted and same issue. I am on win7. Is there a log of some sort that can tell which files are actually missing?

Found this in the xbmc.log
ERROR: home.xml doesn't exist in skin: skin.aeonmq5, fallback to "skin.confluence" skin
I have the exact problem as sfnetwork,I dont use widget so I don't think its the solution.
Black screen when I go down and use the 'normal recently added movies or tv shows.
12.2 on Win7,amd6450 gpx connected to a nas.
This problem doesn't exist at all on Ace
Also it was mention before but hasnt been fixed ,on the main screen when MOVIES is highlighted the number of library movies shows, but the word 'MOVIES' is missing.
The word 'unwatched' shows fine.
(2013-10-26, 22:10)carlo75 Wrote: [ -> ]I have the exact problem as sfnetwork,I dont use widget so I don't think its the solution.
Black screen when I go down and use the 'normal recently added movies or tv shows.
Also it was mention before but hasnt been fixed ,on the main screen when MOVIES is highlighted the number of library movies shows, but the word 'MOVIES' is missing.

Tried what MarcosQui suggested (plus, deleted any reference to MQ5 in addon and packages) and also deleted all reference to MQ5 in guisettings.xml.
After all this, so far, no issue anymore (so far... the issue wasn't happening on demand but still was occurring often so it's a good sign)

***So happy I'm not the only one with the issue...

***EDIT: no... None of that worked, I rebooted again, from Movies, went in "recently added" in submenu and I got a black screen again (had to reboot).
Damn... I thought I finally resolved it...
Quote:.. installed all the ones manually restarted and same issue. I am on win7. Is there a log of some sort that can tell which files are actually missing?
Found this in the xbmc.log
ERROR: home.xml doesn't exist in skin: skin.aeonmq5, fallback to "skin.confluence" skin

You have a corrupted zip. Try this:

Go to addons folder and delete folder skin.aeonmq5

Go to package folder and delete any references to skin.aeonmq5 too.

Download the skin again and reinstall.
(2013-10-26, 22:15)sfnetwork Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-26, 22:10)carlo75 Wrote: [ -> ]I have the exact problem as sfnetwork,I dont use widget so I don't think its the solution.

Tried what MarcosQui suggested (plus, deleted any reference to MQ5 in addon and packages) and also deleted all reference to MQ5 in guisettings.xml.
After all this, so far, no issue anymore (so far... the issue wasn't happening on demand but still was occurring often so it's a good sign)

***So happy I'm not the only one with the issue...

***EDIT: no... None of that worked, I rebooted again, from Movies, went in "recently added" in submenu and I got a black screen again (had to reboot).
Damn... I thought I finally resolved it...

BTW, in ALL the tests I made to try to isolate this, I also tried AMD and nVidia card (in case it would be specific to drivers; same issue on both... I'm out of idea...
Go to skin settings/restore settings/reapply settings.

If not solve, use full reset.

If not solve, delete the Guisettings.xml
(2013-10-26, 22:36)MarcosQui Wrote: [ -> ]Go to skin settings/restore settings/reapply settings.

If not solve, use full reset.

If not solve, delete the Guisettings.xml

Tried everything above, had the issue anyway (now also sometimes just when trying to go in Skin settings (sub menu))
The only thing I can tell for sure is that I never had this issue on main items (just on sub menu items)... If it helps... Those must switch screen in a different way than the main items...
*Also, if it makes any difference, I use a centralized MySQL database..

And like carlo75 mentioned, no issue in Ace...
Command in Ace to access Recently Added Movies:

ActivateWindow(videos,recentlyaddedmovies,return)

Command in Aeon MQ 5 to access Recently Movies:

So, I no have way to discover why that happens in your case, sorry.

Try this:

(2013-10-26, 23:29)MarcosQui Wrote: [ -> ]Command in Ace to access Recently Added Movies:

Command in Aeon MQ 5 to access Recently Movies:

So, I no have way to discover why that happens in your case, sorry.

Try this:

I know, this is why I did ALL those tests to isolate the source of the issue before mentioning it here, I presumed already that the command was the same as Ace...
I'll try again (delete EVERYTHING related the MQ5) and redownload a new copy in case...

***BTW, I don't think the command is the issue, it's more how the skin generates the screen IMO...

Anyway, I'll let you know... I just don't want to use ACE now that I tasted to MQ5, lol...
is it possible to sort and separate all 3D movies in its own menu?

At the moment i only have TV Shows and Movies, tho i would like to have one for 3D movies aswell..

just upgraded to Gotham and MQ5, followed you since early MQ2 and never used anything else after that, great skin and progress on the newer versions!

Cheers!
xNixon, you need define how you desire create new item (smart playlist, video nodes, tags, favourites), and after, go to settings, press enter submenu --> customize main menu (enter), is simple create new item in main menu there.

For create look this example by Samu-rai

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150934
(2013-10-26, 21:38)MarcosQui Wrote: [ -> ]Try this:

Tried it, unfortunately it didn't fix it. I will do some testing to see if I can figure it out. Still freezes whenever I click it. Is there a way to disable it?