Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it just a script, rather than an add-on (if you see what I mean)?
(2013-12-28, 12:37)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: [ -> ]@ colbert @ TRaSH

Try Settings\Video\Library\ uncheck Hide Progress of Library Updates

they are unchecked,
if using NOX i can see the progress.
but the nice part of MQ5 is that it only has the thing bar on the top
(2013-12-28, 19:08)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]Is it just a script, rather than an add-on (if you see what I mean)?

Hi

So can we launch scripts from menu items ?

Was testing and this JSON command run in my browser can launch the XBMC screensaver / Multi SlideShow ScreenSaver add-on

Code:
http://192.168.1.100:80/jsonrpc?request={ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "GUI.ActivateWindow", "params": { "window": "screensaver", "parameters": [ "WINDOW_SCREENSAVER" ] }, "id": 1 }

However I am then unable to exit the screensaver in anyway.

Thanks

(2013-12-28, 11:29)TRaSH Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-28, 02:03)colbert Wrote: [ -> ]Is it just me or is the Library update not showing while it's scanning? I changed scrapers for my Movies library, hit ok to update all items and it's clearly refreshing everything but I can't see that a scan is happening.

that's true it doesn't show,
in my opinion very annoying that it doesn't show the progress.
it has been reported/asked several time but no response on it.

Just to confirm, if I manually select "Video-Update Library" from one of the main menu / sub-menus, like from Movies - I still see its progress along the top of the UI. So not a problem here or at least not while initiating the library update via this method.
The easiest way to get it added to the home menu would be to add it as a favourite, and then add that favourite to the home screen/sub-menu.

If you are able to view the button to begin the script from within the GUI I would see if you can do this through the context menu.

If you can't, then you need to find the command path and add it manually to your favourites XML.

<favourite name="Multi Slideshow Screensaver">ActivateWindow(10025,"Enter.The.script.path")</favourite>
Strange, now the update bar is showing at the top.

What I was doing was changing the scraper, thus refreshing my library (all movies re-added). In that case, the update progress never showed. Now just updating the library (Movies > item Menu > Update Library) does show the scan at the top. Also I do have Hide Progress of Library Updates unchecked always.

edit: Also, what is this icon at the bottom?

colbert, trailer icon, appear when item have trailer, press c (context menu) for play respective trailer.
Thank you!
(2013-12-28, 19:46)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]The easiest way to get it added to the home menu would be to add it as a favourite, and then add that favourite to the home screen/sub-menu.

If you are able to view the button to begin the script from within the GUI I would see if you can do this through the context menu.

If you can't, then you need to find the command path and add it manually to your favourites XML.

<favourite name="Multi Slideshow Screensaver">ActivateWindow(10025,"Enter.The.script.path")</favourite>

Samu-rai

I have tried to add the following to the favourites.xml file and I have added a button on the IMAGES sub-menu to point to this favourite etc.

<favourites>
<favourite name="Multi Slideshow Screensaver">ActivateWindow(10025,"/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.screensaver.multi_slideshow/screensaver.py")</favourite>
</favourites>

And without the quotes

<favourites>
<favourite name="Multi Slideshow Screensaver">ActivateWindow(10025,/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.screensaver.multi_slideshow/screensaver.py)</favourite>
</favourites>

However neither seems to work and the screensaver is not launched etc.

Cheers

EDIT:

Found the Window IDs here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Window_IDs

screensaver WINDOW_SCREENSAVER 12900 2900 none

And I changed the ID to: 12900

But still not launching the screensaver add-on script from the favourite. Will have to look in the debug log now me thinks.

Here is a debug log after clicking on the menu button to launch the screensaver: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=103039

EDIT 2:

This line in the favourites.xml file works and launches the ScreenSaver

Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="SlideShow ScreenSaver">ActivateWindow(12900,&quot;/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.screensaver.multi_slideshow/screensaver.py/&quot;)</favourite>
</favourites>

However I have the same problem as I had with the JSON command, when I press exit (back) on the remote control to exit the screensaver I just get a blank / black screen and I am unable to exit. Seems like a bug in Frodo V12.2 to me ?

Also pressing backspace on the keyboard and I am also unable to exit the screensaver and get a blank screen.
Isn't there any option in Aeon MQ5 for making TV Series Episodes get Sorted by Episode Number instead of Title in alphabetical order?

My TV Shows library is quite messed up in xbmc when I use this skin (which I truly love a lot), all Episodes are getting sorted alphabetically and I could not find any option to makin them sort by Episode Number :-( ...
hmm my series show up in episode number order.
perhaps it's your naming or you got everything stuffed in 1 folder not sure
No. I'm facing this in Aeon MQ5 skin only. My TV Series is in prper order as far as I know (Root Folder -> TV Show Name -> Season 1/Season 2 folders) and Each Season folder has Every Episode labelled properly in this Format: <SeriesName> - S01E01 - <EpisodeTitle> ... where S01E01 changes for every other season and episode.

In confluence skin I was able to chose Sort Order in a Hidden Side menu which auto hides and shows up as soon as I point my muse over the small ion in Left side of the XBMC screen. But I'm missing this hidden floating sidebar screen in AEON MQ5 skin .. perhaps it is not developed for it or I'm missing something big in its installation ...

Just for more information, I'm using XBMC Frodo and I've installed latest 1.90 version of AEON MQ5 skin ... Confused Sad
@ cw-kid - try:

<favourite name="Multi Slideshow Screensaver">ActivateWindow(10025,"special://profile/addons/script.screensaver.multi_slideshow/screensaver.py")</favourite>

(2013-12-29, 20:06)vc4u Wrote: [ -> ]No. I'm facing this in Aeon MQ5 skin only. My TV Series is in prper order as far as I know (Root Folder -> TV Show Name -> Season 1/Season 2 folders) and Each Season folder has Every Episode labelled properly in this Format: <SeriesName> - S01E01 - <EpisodeTitle> ... where S01E01 changes for every other season and episode.

In confluence skin I was able to chose Sort Order in a Hidden Side menu which auto hides and shows up as soon as I point my muse over the small ion in Left side of the XBMC screen. But I'm missing this hidden floating sidebar screen in AEON MQ5 skin .. perhaps it is not developed for it or I'm missing something big in its installation ...

Just for more information, I'm using XBMC Frodo and I've installed latest 1.90 version of AEON MQ5 skin ... Confused Sad

It's a top menu in MQ5. Press up arrow or left arrow a few times depending on which view your in.
(2013-12-29, 20:07)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]@ cw-kid - try:

<favourite name="Multi Slideshow Screensaver">ActivateWindow(10025,"special://profile/addons/script.screensaver.multi_slideshow/screensaver.py")</favourite>

Hi Samu-rai

I can confirm that the above you suggested, works in the favourites.xml file and launches the Multi SlideShow ScreenSaver OK.

However I still then have issues being unable to exit the screensaver properly and just get a blank / black screen. Looks like a bug in Frodo I guess or with the actual screensaver add-on?

Cheers
Yeah. I tried it in the preview mode through the screensaver menu and it did the same for me.

It's an issues with the add-on rather than the skin, or how you added it to the favourites.
(2013-12-31, 14:06)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah. I tried it in the preview mode through the screensaver menu and it did the same for me.

It's an issues with the add-on rather than the skin, or how you added it to the favourites.

Preview mode works fine for me, I can exit out of the screensaver just by pressing back on the remote control.

But I can't do that when the screensaver is launched via the favourite for some reason.

Cheers