Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-01-08, 11:54)EricV Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-07, 23:27)spiroid Wrote: [ -> ]-> I was wondering for that last step if you generated debian packages for xbmc from source for xbmc 13.0 version ? Or do you just compile and install from source from the git repository directly ?

I used the git tree. You can get debian pkg from deb-multimedia.org but I do not know if compilation option are ok (internal ffmpeg needed since it provides ffmpeg 2.1 by default for unstable).

Thanks for your reply.
I know that the xbmc package distributed by deb-multimedia.org depends on a few libraries and tools that are specific. These packages provided by deb-multimedia.org have caused some issues on my servers in the past (conflicts with other debian packages / broken dependencies) that's why i'll try to avoid using them for now. I'm also concerned by the fact that they may not include all the modifications commited by fernetmenta on his git repository.

I don't have enough time and energy to investigate and re-create debian packages myself, so i guess that i'll compile from the git tree.
Please let me know if someone already created these packages or started to work on it.
Compile from source without any non tested external stuff. and keep your local copy in /usr/local it won't hurt nor break your distribution's packaging.
I should just add --prefix=/usr/local option to the configure command provided by @EricV right ?

Code:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-external-libraries --disable-external-ffmpeg --disable-vaapi --disable-crystalhd
(2014-01-08, 14:37)spiroid Wrote: [ -> ]I should just add --prefix=/usr/local option to the configure command provided by @EricV right ?

Code:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-external-libraries --disable-external-ffmpeg --disable-vaapi --disable-crystalhd

/usr/local should always be the default prefix => I omit it. Note that using the deb-multimedia pacakges and just changing the configure line in debian/rules is usually the best option if you want the dependencies management.
Also remove: --enable-external-libraries - thx
(2014-01-08, 15:01)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Also remove: --enable-external-libraries - thx

I beg to disagree. When you build for Openlec that's fine, when running on a system with all libraries already in, its more dangerous than worth because all the fix that have been ported to package to cope with installation specificities will be missing and you duplicate MByte of code for no good reasons.
If you want to run a specific software, the best advice is to run it with exactly the libs it was tested and those are internal xbmc libs.

You can do whatever you want on your private PC, if you want to have breakage, incompatibilities, version conflicts, compile failures, runtime errors and so on - continue to build with the "packages your distribution has tested".
something I'm starting to notice.

I just got new TV.
Now my resolution settings just won't stick.

I try to set my resolution through System Settings (in XBMC) to 1280 x 720, but when I reboot my computer, it always defaults to 1024 x 768.
is there some way to override the default settings?

i've searched to see if others are having this problem. but everything points to editing the xorg.conf -- which we don't use

------------------------------------------------------
edit -- found the xrandr option.
(2014-01-05, 02:14)pyrodex Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-05, 02:12)jaapp Wrote: [ -> ]I have a central MySQL database set up. In my experience XBMC wil wait quite some time for the database to come up, so the net-device-up addition isn't really a necessity.

My experience was a dual issue. The samba share for my files and MySQL were offline until I added this entry.

(2014-01-05, 02:25)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, xbmc does not do any waiting, if you need network shares / db available you need that entry.

I just tested this, and indeed XBMC no longer waits for my database to come online. I guess something must have changed since Frodo, or the wait must have been a side-effect of something else.
Anyone have any idea on why the xbmc doesn't start when i upgrade the kernel v999 works but i got a little sound problem from time to time.
Post is located here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...pid1591607
I have a 64-bit amd A6-6400K, so it would be better to install Lubuntu 13.10 + XBMC with this fix than installing xbmcbuntu?
And I guess the next Gotham XBMCbuntu 13 build will also be a 32-bit version? Sad
Edit: ok I already found on the forum it will always stay 32-bit,but will it use vdpau or the old xvba?
im running into some problems with xbmc hogging the audio device. I would like to run an instance of squeezelite/squeezeslave on my htpc for easy to use and control music listening via my logitech media server which also runs on my box.

the thing now is: xbmc seems to hog the audio device for about 1 minute after it has started and after it has played any audio output. i tried specifying in guisettings.xml to use the alsa dmix device which should work for these cases and merge audio streams. but it doesnt seem to change xbmc's behaviour.

is there anybody who has successfully managed to run 2 audio applications at once?
System -> Settings -> System -> Audio

Change the timeout to 0.
Ah and btw. What you probably want is a PulseAudio Sink - I am nearly finished with it.
that is exactly what i want! thanks! i'll keep a lookout on updates Wink