Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for your reply. I Didn't run into the segfault bug on stopping videos. It still isn't fixed in trusty final?

(Running AMD E450)
No, though we warned and provide patches weeks ago. But mlankhorst wants to upload fixed mesa packages to utopic version today (!) and then from there the backport will come. Carefully watch: https://lists.canonical.com/archives/uto.../date.html <- when they are here, they can come to Trusty
Thanks, keep up the good work!
Hi i made tutorial step by step and i got some problem with mine setup.
Movies are very dim, and lack of colors. When i see scene when brightness of scene - (night/day change) is changing i see big difference in display brightnes - colors are dim sitll.
Is there any other options to setup on xorg or somewhere ?
Mine setup is ubuntu 14.04 and amd apu e-350
Please provide the logs like described in the first post. Maybe someone can help you then.
And after the logfile, open that in xbmc:

What do you see?
In Video Output, there is a "Limited Range" Setting. Trigger that and retry.
Noting change on rgb test when i make full screen , but i see big difference in preview window - see almost all squares
Use your iphone and make two pictures. One with that setting and one without. The downscale is not color right anymore ... so don't care.
Waoh - that's both completely wrong. Are you sure you did not mess with the monitor brightness itself :-)? Perhaps during the "80s" or something?
No that mine tv , and i use it just now for watching TV . I can add that i made experimet and i installed catalist drivers - display was fine then but no hardware decoding working
Yes. AMD OSS drivers only can do Full Range for now, which is a big problem when the output devices wants to be smart and converts everything between 0..255 by itself. When you now send "pseudo limited range" (that setting in xbmc) it gets even worse ... head over to bugs.freedesktop.org and file a nice bug report.

This is one of the things we clearly miss in the OSS drivers for now.

4K decoding
Limited Range setting
For full completeness, please post:

DISPLAY=:0 xrandr --verbose | pastebinit