Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are new mesa packages for the brave in the wsnipex test ppa. Check howto use ppa-purge prior to testing it.

Big thx to wsnipex for providing those new packages.
Ooooh I'll give it a go later - ever hopefull Wink
Alex posted another patch for the dce4_afmt_write_speaker_allocation bug, now building a new kernel to test.

EDIT: Still broken.
there's a new, new patch.

i'm still compiling the first patch... Big Grin
now compiling the newest one.

EDIT: i have a working screen with the newest patch.

getting this error in dmesg: [drm:dce4_afmt_write_speaker_allocation] *ERROR* Couldn't read Speaker Allocation Data Block: 0

but audio and video is working.
damn!!! you're fast. Smile
i'll keep you posted on my success... but it looks like we have a winner.
That error is clear, I think he will change it to a warning, when it is considered stable ...

Check the patch source :-)
@locomot1f compiled it on my quadcore desktop with saucy in vmware player, much faster than compiling on my e350.

unfortunately i still can't use 3.13, DVB dongles broken with it.
yup this works...

now just gotta figure out these annoying artifacts -- let's go team!!!
While reading through the bugtracker. For the artifacts people:

Does R600_DEBUG=nohyperz help?

Code:
sudo service xbmc stop
X&
export DISPLAY=:0
R600_DEBUG=nohyperz  /usr/bin/xbmc --standalone
(2013-12-14, 02:05)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]While reading through the bugtracker. For the artifacts people:

Does R600_DEBUG=nohyperz help?

Code:
sudo service xbmc stop
X&
export DISPLAY=:0
R600_DEBUG=nohyperz  /usr/bin/xbmc --standalone

Not working for me Sad.

But keep 'em coming! I love seeing possible solutions for these artifacts! They (artifacts) are quite obnoxious Smile.

Thanks for everything you're doing.
Moved my dvb-usb dongles to a pci card, they now appear to be working ok with 3.13 yay.

usb must be dodgy on this e350 mobo, previously they wouldn't work if they were directly connected but would work if attached to an unpowered hub Undecided
Hello,

I've a problem with DTS-HD

DTS and Dolby plays well with no Problems.

On DTS-HD & Dolby trueHD there will be simply no Sound output.

(Receiver is capable, it works on another system with an Intel HD4000 very well.)

logs:

dmesg | pastebinit
http://paste.ubuntu.com/6572099/

cat ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log | pastebinit
http://paste.ubuntu.com/6572102/

cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | pastebinit
http://paste.ubuntu.com/6572106/

DISPLAY=:0 vdpauinfo | pastebinit
http://paste.ubuntu.com/6572108/

lspci |grep -i radeo
00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Wrestler [Radeon HD 6310]

Anyone a good idea?

regards,
Simon
Try the workaround from the first page. I have the same Hardware as you have - works fine, so not a general fault.

Next you can try is upgrading to kernel 3.13-rc3 which has the speaker enumeration included again and we can see the capabilities. A howto is some pages back.
Almost the same hardware here (Intel/Asus/RadeonHD5770/Denon) and I noticed if I use just the HDMI connection to the AVR, DTSHD-MA, DolbyTrueHD and all other formats are perfect.
If I also have the DVI connection to my monitor connected, no DTSHD or DolbyTrueHD, gets to the AVR. But all the other formats do passthrough.

I have not tried to resolve this, since after my last clean install, it has run great!
5-6 year old system with el'cheapo card and the memory and CPU usages are barely noticeable even with 40Mbps reference disks. Tongue

Great work !!!

Gotham's new video rendering has negated the need for an external player/renderer setup. This makes calibration so much easier. On that note, the color range should be set to Limited 16-235...the same range all movies use. While the picture will immediately not look as "black", this is only because of the need to reset the brightness (black level) and contrast (white level). You should notice a significant increase in dynamic range (lower black level and higher white levels) once set up correctly.