Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TheMovieDB tv show scrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've noticed that on themoviedb there is a TV show sections, but there's a xbmc scrapper for it?
The API isn't up yet. It's also scraper, not scrapper.

* jmarshall grammar scraps
I was just looking for somewhere to post about that. (And yes I hate people who don't know the difference between a fight and a scrape...)
Sorry for the error..I'm Italian..
I'll wait for the new scraper..
Ah well then we forgive you...

Lesson:

scrape - what XBMC does when looking for metadata, hence scraper.

scrap - fight, hence scrapper, fighter.

Yeah English is pretty inconsistent!
(2013-10-22, 07:57)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Ah well then we forgive you...

Lesson:

scrape - what XBMC does when looking for metadata, hence scraper.

scrap - fight, hence scrapper, fighter.

Yeah English is pretty inconsistent!

Ok! For you when we can s see the new api? The main reason for me is the translation of episodes..
In thetvdb many show isn't translated and locked..
If you request a translation require months..
Themoviedb is much open..
As soon as Travis et. al. over at themoviedb.org are done designing the API. After that there'll be some time before a scraper is written.
Thx..
Something new in this case?
I'm interested too, because TVdb sometimes doesn't see some films as TV show, but I think they are (and themoviedb thinks it too), so some of my shows are not scrapped neither using TVDB nor themoviedb Confused
Even it could be used for movies or tv show depending the source your adding to xbmc (I think TV films and TV shows are different).

If you need people for testing it count on me.

I've programming knowledge.
I'm also interested! If there is something new, please let me know. I would like also to test.
Hi Guys, is there any updates on this scraper? Looking forward to it.
Hey guys,

Jonathan has posted some some information about the TMDb TV scraper here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...id=1751902

Hopefully some of you can give it a spin to see what’s-what.
(2014-07-13, 16:07)travisbell Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,

Jonathan has posted some some information about the TMDb TV scraper here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...id=1751902

Hopefully some of you can give it a spin to see what’s-what.

installed and for a first version isn't too bad..

hope that user contribute to this database..
editing is 1000000 faster and much free than thetvdb..
unfortunately there'are very poor content for now..
Hi,

The TMDB TV Series scraper has stopped working again due to API changes at TMDB. Could anyone assist is resolving this one as it would only be the XBMC guys who could code it. Thanks in advance.