Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC is working on Google TV now after the update!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Good news! XBMC is working on Google TV now.

Install Kodi on Google TV
Which Google TV do you have ?
I have the LG 50GA6400 G3.

And the stock magic remote with keyboard works beautifully
Cool hows the menu rendering performance of XBMC, it is smooth in action or do you have to use a light weight skin ?

Also LG TV's use a custom L9 chipset different from the Marvel Armada 1500 series which is found in all the other GoogleTV devices so performance may vary if any of the old GTV boxes get updated.
nice
This is pretty amazing to be fair, I'll be getting an LG TV soon so will have to test this out!
Some more info here

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1466245/offici...thread/240

Looks like people are having mixed results
The menu performance is flawless on the default confluence skin. I haven't had an opportunity to test out the other skins yet. I'm still trying to find a solution to the slight lag I get while streaming. It's a little mind boggling to me because I get literally no lag on my Galaxy Note 2. I guess I can attribute this to the Note's quad core processor. But as it looks right now streaming is the only issue on the LG 50GA6400. I haven't tried my local files yet but I don't think that'll be a problem though. I'll try later and report back today.
And right as my Costar dies...
(2013-10-28, 12:19)Starstream Wrote: [ -> ]Cool hows the menu rendering performance of XBMC, it is smooth in action or do you have to use a light weight skin ?

Also LG TV's use a custom L9 chipset different from the Marvel Armada 1500 series which is found in all the other GoogleTV devices so performance may vary if any of the old GTV boxes get updated.

Sadly the first gen boxes won't get updated (Sony blu ray and Revue) which is a shame because my 1st gen Sony is an amazing box for Plex (besides the new issues that were introduced recently, but that's on them). It plays all my movies perfectly and my ripped shows too (Lost episodes tend to kill devices, but not this one).

My 2nd gen Sony (GS7) not so much. I also noticed some of the issues I have on the GS7 are also on XBMC on my Nexus 10 (from Friday's build) so I'm kind of scared the same playback issues will be on XBMC on the GS7 whenever it gets updated. Guess I'll have to wait and see.
XBMC on LG Google TV Jellybean videos http://youtu.be/FfP2a465KkI
i got the update today on my LG GA50... xbmc runs quite well but only low quality streams play well. anything hd is unwatchable
(2013-11-06, 03:45)Memnock Wrote: [ -> ]i got the update today on my LG GA50... xbmc runs quite well but only low quality streams play well. anything hd is unwatchable

Try a nightly build (wiki) and tell us if it works any better.
New to the site...just got lg 55ga6450 and xbmc is running but stream is very slow...any suggestions?
(2014-02-13, 04:11)dbew89 Wrote: [ -> ]New to the site...just got lg 55ga6450 and xbmc is running but stream is very slow...any suggestions?

Is this on a wired or wireless connection? What kind of movies have you tried? DTS, AC3? What kind of video files? You can check the video files with this little app http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/
Pages: 1 2 3