Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Three lines is not a debug log (wiki)
(2013-12-31, 02:46)Torroa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-30, 12:27)speedway Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody an idea how to get the Bluetooth part of the Intel 7260HMW at work? Wireless network is working just fine with the latest nightly build, but Bluetooth isn't. Thx in advance.

I had lots of problems getting the bluetooth to function with the 7260 card.

In the BIOS settings I had to disable PCIe ASPM Support.

I'll try this, but I'm using OpenELEC instead of Windows. Under Windows I used the drivers from intel, but under OpenELEC I don't know how to 'load' drivers...
Bios doesn't require drivers.
(2013-12-31, 10:26)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Bios doesn't require drivers.

Indeed, but within BIOS you can enable/disable settings (e.g. disable WOL shuts your NUC down when initiated within OpenELEC).
Concerning ASPM:
ASPM is a PCI-E enhancement. It allows for a device to go completely into electrically idle, meaning it will not send or receive electrical signals for a while.
Perhaps OpenELEC wasn't able to 'wake up' bluetooth ....

(2013-12-31, 09:50)speedway Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-31, 02:46)Torroa Wrote: [ -> ]I had lots of problems getting the bluetooth to function with the 7260 card.

I'll try this, but I'm using OpenELEC instead of Windows. Under Windows I used the drivers from intel, but under OpenELEC I don't know how to 'load' drivers...

I did try it, but no success Sad
openELEC has been great for me but I was thinking about starting fresh with ubuntu minimal so I can get some emulators working with my own xbmc (using ubuntu repos to pull the emulators down etc)

If I just checkout the latest RC of kernel-3.13 I should be good to go with the black level fixes? Or is there anything else? Is there any guides for me to set this up (I previously followed a minimal guide for radeon on here - would that also apply?) Thanks
(2013-12-31, 12:19)speedway Wrote: [ -> ]

Indeed, but within BIOS you can enable/disable settings (e.g. disable WOL shuts your NUC down when initiated within OpenELEC).
Concerning ASPM:
ASPM is a PCI-E enhancement. It allows for a device to go completely into electrically idle, meaning it will not send or receive electrical signals for a while.

(2013-12-31, 09:50)speedway Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-31, 02:46)Torroa Wrote: [ -> ]I had lots of problems getting the bluetooth to function with the 7260 card.

What is the linux driver for that bluetooth chipset - google it, find out, we are not going to do it for you.

Then ssh into openelec and see if the module is installed with openelec.
(2013-12-31, 12:49)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-31, 12:19)speedway Wrote: [ -> ]

Concerning ASPM:

(2013-12-31, 09:50)speedway Wrote: [ -> ]I'll try this, but I'm using OpenELEC instead of Windows. Under Windows I used the drivers from intel, but under OpenELEC I don't know how to 'load' drivers...
What is the linux driver for that bluetooth chipset - google it, find out, we are not going to do it for you.

Then ssh into openelec and see if the module is installed with openelec.

Ok, thank you for the information! I'll try it.
(2013-12-31, 12:32)tutu Wrote: [ -> ]openELEC has been great for me but I was thinking about starting fresh with ubuntu minimal so I can get some emulators working with my own xbmc (using ubuntu repos to pull the emulators down etc)

Do you tried the retroplayer Build? http://xbmcnightlybuilds.com/openelec-re...-download/
FYI, here are pics of my Nuc in the Impactics Case Smile

(2013-12-31, 12:32)tutu Wrote: [ -> ]openELEC has been great for me but I was thinking about starting fresh with ubuntu minimal so I can get some emulators working with my own xbmc (using ubuntu repos to pull the emulators down etc)

If I just checkout the latest RC of kernel-3.13 I should be good to go with the black level fixes? Or is there anything else? Is there any guides for me to set this up (I previously followed a minimal guide for radeon on here - would that also apply?) Thanks

3.13 has the black level fixes and latest XBMC master has the HD audio fixes.
We backported all of them into Kernel 3.12 - which is the kernel OE nightlies is running on. HD Audio fixes were also there since 3.12 or later 3.11.3. We are currently updating OE to 3.13-rc6, but some TV cards (mostly those that are not in kernel) still make problems.

Check the last libva-driver-intel commit, I backported to OE. This should make saturation and contrast correct again - hihi, but nobody complained :-)
I hope my Tevii S471 have no Problem with Kernel 3.13 Sad
In every second Kernel the Driver had a Problem.
(2013-12-31, 13:05)gamble Wrote: [ -> ]FYI, here are pics of my Nuc in the Impactics Case Smile

That case should have good temperature readings, especially when it cost twice as much as the Akasa Newton H case.
About 43°C at Idle and 50°C while watching movies (measured after 2 Movies so pretty constant)
OE Nightly (atm r16750) runs really great on my H-NUC.

The only problem i have are the Subtitles. I have to set them to "+100". But i think they are still a little off. Should be about 1XX to 125. Especially annoying when you watch something like Monogatari.. Big Grin

Does anyone know if it's possible to set the Subtitles to 125? I tried to set them in the guisettings.xml, but they always return to 100 or 200.