Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As I've been on not at home for the holidays I had to read 30 pages to be up to date...

Wow! This thread is going crazy :-)

Why the hate for Win 8.1 on the Nuc? It works great for me, especially there's no shutdown problem.

I noticed that no one commented the new Graphics driver, that Intel published on Christmas (via Windows update). I didn't have the time yet to test everything, but did someone else tested it and can say something about DOLPHIN on the i5 with this latest driver? The last one was already pretty satisfying.
Micoba,
I don't suppose you use a remote with your NUC do you? With the built-in IR sensor?

EDIT:
Whhops, just realised that frfom your sig, you appear to use a Harmony :-)
Did you have any problems getting the IR to work? I have a MCE remote but it won't work with the built in IR :-(
(2013-12-13, 00:33)macrho Wrote: [ -> ]Just received my i5 haswell but am a bit bummed, vc1 files pixelate or run very slowly
this is on 64-bit windows 8.1

(2014-01-05, 17:49)joenitro Wrote: [ -> ]Micoba,
I don't suppose you use a remote with your NUC do you? With the built-in IR sensor?

EDIT:
Did you have any problems getting the IR to work? I have a MCE remote but it won't work with the built in IR :-(

Nuc works just fine on 8.1 with Harmony. Haven't tried the MCE remote, but did you install the CIR drivers?
If you go with the "Advanced MCE Remote Mapper", set "Sleep" under ButtonID 0C.
I have ASRock MCE remote and Harmony Smart Control, both works just fine under Win 8.1.
I have decided not to poweroff NUC, since it takes 0,6W under total off and 1,2W under sleep... so 0,6W just dont make a difference to me... but I think that your scenario can also be achieved... at least with smart control.

If you have more questions, just open a new thread in the appropriate section and give me a PM.
I believe that this doesnt need to spam this thread... it has nothing to do with NUC, except that we have one. Wink
(2014-01-05, 17:49)joenitro Wrote: [ -> ]Micoba,

EDIT:

Yes, it works flawlessly!

Is there a new problem with Frodo 12.3 and VC-1 files? The video is pixeled and unwatchable.
I think someone on this thread mentioned something regarding such problem, but I can't find it anymore...

Edit:

The problem only occurs on Win 8.1. I just tried an openelec nightly and it works.
(2014-01-05, 18:36)Selene Wrote: [ -> ]Nuc works just fine on 8.1 with Harmony. Haven't tried the MCE remote, but did you install the CIR drivers?

Hmmm, this is frustrating. Yes, installed the CIR drivers from the Intel driver pack. They install fine. Device appears to work fine in device manager etc.
Uninstalled and re-installed too. No dice :-(
Did you adjust the keymap file? Is your Harmony set to be used as a MCE remote?
If you're asking me, Micoba, then you misunderstand. I don't have a Harmony, I bought one of these to use as I've seen a lot of decent reviews and also wanted something easy to use.
I tried just navigating with the remote in Windows (8.1 32-bit) with the built in IR and got no response. That's when I checked and re-checked the drivers - all OK.
Suspecting a dud remote, I plugged in the USB IR sensor that comes with the remote and PRESTO! All working great on the desktop and almost perfectly in XBMC :-)

Whilst this is good and I am using it like this currently, obviously, I'd much rather be using the built in IR like everyone else!
Hi.

Im really hoping i can get some help here. I just bought a Intel nuc Haswell I3. Installed Openelec on it with a usb stick. Wasnt to much trouble. Easy peasy. But then the trouble startet. I bought a Harmony 200 remote aswell, to use with the Nuc. I thought it would be just plug and play, but nothing seems to be working.

Ive tryed to set up the remote on - Myharmony, but i cant seem to find the model number for the Nuc.

Any idea's what to do ? It has to be said, this is my first htpc, and messing around with something else then Windows. Was gonna install windows 8 on it, but thought i would give Openelec a shot, since alot of people seems to like it, and it starts up really fast with a nuc !

Any help will be appreciatet.
Try to set up your Logitech as Microsoft, Profil MCE 1039 in MyHarmony
Ok. Just tryed to set to that profile. And rebootet my Nuc, still no results Sad
(2014-01-05, 21:23)Leska Wrote: [ -> ]Ok. Just tryed to set to that profile. And rebootet my Nuc, still no results Sad

Take a look at this guide and give it a try step by step, i got my remote working this way now Smile
I am pretty new to all this too and it is do able Smile

http://www.openelec.tv/forum/103-infared...rk-with-oe
(2014-01-05, 17:38)micoba Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed that no one commented the new Graphics driver, that Intel published on Christmas (via Windows update). I didn't have the time yet to test everything, but did someone else tested it and can say something about DOLPHIN on the i5 with this latest driver? The last one was already pretty satisfying.

I'm on linux and it's not! What kind of FPS are you getting? The dolphin emu that I am using is from a repo so I have no idea what optimizations it's compiled with or for that matter the performance of MESA/intel open GL drivers under linux.

I am planning on writing a emulator guide for ubuntu minimal users.
(2014-01-05, 21:36)gamble Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-05, 21:23)Leska Wrote: [ -> ]Ok. Just tryed to set to that profile. And rebootet my Nuc, still no results Sad

Take a look at this guide and give it a try step by step, i got my remote working this way now Smile
I am pretty new to all this too and it is do able Smile

http://www.openelec.tv/forum/103-infared...rk-with-oe

Ok. Been trying this now, but when i enter the IP in Putty. It just says : Connection Refused
SSH enabled in OpenElec?